NameSilo

Urgent Advice needed. Please !!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
if you register a name and then the next day networksolutions says the name is not possible are they liable?

they accepted my card details, and i am an account holder, i copied my order details, they removed the name from my account as of last night,

i asked the customer service he said they will refund my card if it was billed and i must call usa customer service., that is additional expense to me, as i am not in america.

as far as i am concerned a contract was entered into. also why did they allow me to proceed and purchase the name later to take it back , no informaiton ont heir site about doing this,

do i have any legal rights? or can i force them to proceed with the order ?

i also did something stupid, i think i contacted them too soon, they might not have billed my card yet, if they decide not to bill it i have less cause for dispute? if i have paid for the names then i have more power , correct?>

thanks for any advice

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Network Solutions has it in their service agreement that your order is subject to the domain name registry's acceptance of your domain name registration. That pretty much covers them legally in these situations. You would get your money back.

This doesn't happen a lot, but it does occur regularly that a registrar will report a domain available falsely, or someone else grabs it before you have the chance to complete your order.

You may have been beat by a matter of seconds by another registrant, since the domain is not actually registered to you until after the checkout is completed. There are over 100 registrars that have the ability to register names. Network Solutions is just one of these registrars.

My advice, use a different registrar. Besides frequent problems and hassles, for the price of a one year registration at NetSol, you can get a four year registration at other registrars for the same service and features.

•••
regarding the network solutions post i made

i did not disclose all the details,
it is a little complicated.

i think they are liable but ive been reading the service aggreement so not sure

I also phoned them and the billing has gone through, that furthers my case i think.

it is not about somsone else acquiring the name at the same time or just before me. Network solutions made a big mistake and now they wont honor the agreement.

if anyone can advise me, i would like to talk more about this, on messenger or alternative.

send me a quick pm if possible anyone

•••
It's hard to understand the situation from the details you gave.

Possibly a case of a domain not being available? (such as two character .org's or one letter domains)

If there was a technical error, they may be liable, but only to the extent of how much you paid them. (Meaning, you'll have the right to get your money back) Is there more to it than just a technical glitch on their part?

They are protected from liability in their service agreement by stating that your order is subject to the domain name registry's acceptance of your registration. It sounds like the registry did not accept your registration.

•••
[/Moving to the "Domain Discussions" Forum for consistency ... as there is no specific domain to be Appraised].
Thanks and Welcome to Namepros, davedave.

•••
You should wait and see if you've actually been billed or not...did you try contacting your credit card company?

•••
ah yes they did bill me

ok i will explain what happened. as i started yesterday i did not know d character names are impossible, so i bought 75.org and 5c.org. i was obviously excited :)

well anway, network solutions accepted the rgistration and took money off my card. today the deleted from my account , it was there last night, and they said they cannot give me those names, they will just refund the money.

they made a mistake, but wont be responsible according to them,
not fair but i guess thats life :)

After a long expensive call to the usa and numerous emails this was the conclusion. they admitted they made an error in another email, but will not honor the contract. here is last email, i have not replied.

'With regard to your inquiry, we understand your concern Mr. Lynch,
please accept our most sincere apologies for this situation that both of us
are in. We do not claim that we have a perfect system, errors
sometimes occur, and we thank you for your trust in our institution.

We are always trying to improve our services, a solid example would be
the recent changes in our web site and policies, and we are always here
to listen to your concerns. I will submit a report on this instance so
that management would become aware of the situation.

As for the domain names, again, we sincerely regret that we could not
offer you these domains as they are restricted by the dot ORG registry'

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back