Dynadot

advice Unsolicited offer comes in - Who blinks first?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheBlueprint

Established Member
Impact
Over the weekend I received an offer from an end-user who is looking to buy a domain I hand reg last Spring, and only have a coming soon landing page on it. I replied and asked what was his offer, and he said what's my price.

I had plans originally to develop this domain, but decided against after the New Year, so this comes as a pleasant surprise. On the other hand, I rather the potential buyer to make the first offer, than I to potentially cost myself hundreds.

Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Many buyers don't like to negotiate or their brain lack wisdom for that. Most times they just disappear without trying to beat down the price to where they want it lol

I must be lucky in that case.

•••
Over the weekend I received an offer from an end-user who is looking to buy a domain I hand reg last Spring, and only have a coming soon landing page on it. I replied and asked what was his offer, and he said what's my price.

I had plans originally to develop this domain, but decided against after the New Year, so this comes as a pleasant surprise. On the other hand, I rather the potential buyer to make the first offer, than I to potentially cost myself hundreds.

Any thoughts?

•••
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I was unaware of the GoDaddy tool. I often used Valuate/Estibot, and more recently NameBio. I find it interesting the value of the domain are quite different.

Valuate/Estibot = $45
GoDaddy = $1882

Mike Mann:
GoDaddy appraisal tool values humanability.com at $3,197 even though I sold it @$40 K
( USD )

Last edited:
•••

Any thoughts?

why not tell him, I already have plans with the domain, but if you want to buy for $15k, maybe I will consider, but just like I said, I don't have any intention to sell it! :xf.grin: if he really serious, probably he will offer a half, something like 7-8k! :xf.grin:

•••
Update - The potential buyer came back this morning after going quiet with a "last and final" offer of 800.00. I declined.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back