IT.COM

My 1st domain sale experience with Uniregistry.

NameSilo
Watch
My 1st domain sale experience with Uniregistry.

This is not about who is wrong or right ,maybe it's because this is my first domain sale at uniregistry .
But it left a negative impression on me ,so much so that I disabled all my 1240 domain being brokered by uniregistry from now .I also send 3 Tweets to Frank Schilling without getting a reply
I also will move any renewal domains away from uniregistry .
You make your own judgement on this or maybe you have simular story .
-----------------------------------------------------------
Here is why .
I recieved an email from Christopher Aguilar,from Unireg.
Offer of $100 for domain ....com
I countered with $300----The buyer agreed and i would get $255
This opportunity will be subject to our standard 15% commission. Please price your domain accordingly to include the commission as it will be deducted from the final purchase price.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Then I received another email from Chris .
Message from Christopher Aguilar at Uniregistry.com:
Buyers offer $400.00
Commission rate 15%
"""" Net price $340.00*""""
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Chris
I am just wondering why the buyer and i agreed on $300 for the domain in the first place
and you still tried to get a higher price ?I did NOT ask you to get a higher price !!!
He was just about to cancel the deal because of this .
----------------------------------------------------------
Message from Christopher Aguilar at Uniregistry.com:
Hi Frank,
The buyer is maxed out at 400. You would net 224.80.
What do you think?
Buyers offer $400.00
Commission rate 43.8%
"""""Net price $224.80*""""
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations! Your transaction to sell ....com is complete!
The domain has been transferred to the buyer and we've credited your account with your earnings from the sale. Should you have any further questions, please contact our support team. Thank you for using the Uniregistry Market!

Domain: .......com
Sale price: $400.00
Commission: $190.52
Earnings: $209.48
=======================================================
In all our 10 or so conversations the line " Brokers fee is $175 " has only been mentioned ONCE.
I also told Chris that i wanted to be paid via Paypal but they still used Credit Card ,because
I am being charged $25 fee.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One thing puzzles me ,but maybe i dont understand the procedures .
Money was sent to my Paypal account as requested but I still had to pay $15,52 Credit Card fee.
PayPal charges a fee, for processing the buyers payment, that got debited from you, as is the norm.

I think the confusion comes from godaddy sedo having one fixed broker fee, but since it was your first time you didn’t realize there is a broker fee, and a checkout fee, it can be bypassed by the broker going thru escrow.com, as you were specific what you were needing to net, they should have explained that to you. No point aggravating things further, what is done is done, lesson learned.

•••
PayPal charges a fee, for processing the buyers payment, that got debited from you, as is the norm.

I think the confusion comes from godaddy sedo having one fixed broker fee, but since it was your first time you didn’t realize there is a broker fee, and a checkout fee, it can be bypassed by the broker going thru escrow.com, as you were specific what you were needing to net, they should have explained that to you. No point aggravating things further, what is done is done, lesson learned.

escrow does not transfer funds to overseas sellers,as i understand

•••
escrow does not transfer funds to overseas sellers,as i understand
Are you saying escrow.com does not disburse funds via intl. wire transfer? That sounds silly, but if that is the case then that is what is called the cost of doing business. You have to use what works, and usually less options, means higher costs. I have worked with Chris on a few 5 figure deals, he’s a honest young guy, I really think the whole platform fee got overlooked, as he was trying to get what you wanted. Speaking from my experiences, I haven’t had any where I can say I was amen advantage of.

My biggest pet peeve is maybe when they use the line, would you be interested in another domain more so in your budget to my lead that they are following up on.

Another pet peeve is after the broker is done with your lead, and given up on it, you have no way to bring it back into your inventory. It keeps getting recycled, and even if brokers pas it up, and shelf it, you can’t get it back into your inventory.

Hopefully some good positive dialogue can come from this, I feel if you are paying a broker 15 percent, maybe they should cover the payment processing charges I guess would be the consensus of this conversation. Sellers would be all for this, the house would be against as each has their economic constraints for it.

Last edited:
•••
What happened is that Jeff has a namepros account which he hasn't used in a long time, and does not remember what the login was. So for the purpose of replying in this thread, he created a new account. Detecting two accounts, Eric shut off the new one, instead of the old one.
This is correct.

@Eric Lyon - would it be possible to close the old unused account instead, so that Jeff can address the questions here?
We worked with Jeff to recover his main account.

His account is open and verified: @Jeffrey Gabriel

Hope that helps,

•••
To All
I just would like to state here that no employee of uniregistry has done anything wrong or has been dishonest in dealing with me with the sale of my domain .
I sincerly apologise if I have created that impression .

•••
I liked Uniregistry until I sold a domain there and they have a hidden credit card swipe fee of $25 that I wasn't aware of.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back