Dynadot

Uniregistry took my domain, which I bought from them

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
More info will be added later, but I will share main points now:

1. Today I bought .com name from @Uniregistry (on their site) for $xxxx;
2. Domain Registrant Organization: NAME ADMINISTRATION INC. (BVI) - REPORTED AS @Frank.Schilling, Uniregistry CEO;
3. Automatic PayPal payment, SSE, received domain instantly, Whois updated;
4. Changed nameservers to Dreamhost (domain was for my next project);
5. 2 hours later I received a short email regarding: "Registrant Change Approved" - NEVER REQUESTED;
6. Visited my Uniregistry account - DOMAIN IS MISSING;
7. Opened Whois, Registrant Organization: NAME ADMINISTRATION INC. (BVI) again - WITH MY NAMESERVERS;
8. Opened support ticket;
9. Started support chat;
10. Uniregistry staff Kirsty informed that: "Our market team have reached out and advised this domain was incorrectly sold. You will receive a refund within 24 hours.";
11. I asked: "Please explain what does "was incorrectly sold" mean?";
12. Reply: "This is all the information we have right now, however our market team management are currently working on this for you and we will be in touch shortly."

Most of you probably think why Uniregistry acts so unprofessionally. The only answer that I can assume right now is that the same domain was listed on several other marketplaces for $18.2k, even this is not some top name (past tense verb). Domain is under NS1.UNIREGISTRYMARKET.LINK again.

I have tens of print-screens for this transaction, therefore, every point can be proved.

I will wait for their move or refund and will update the post accordingly.

The most interesting point is that the project/site for which I bought this domain will be related to online security, phishing, scams, etc. - VERY IRONIC situation :)

Now I understand what Uniregistry means by "No one does domains like Uni."

Have a nice day, everyone!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-30 [Uniregistry Support].png
    Screenshot_2019-11-30 [Uniregistry Support].png
    27.8 KB · Views: 135
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you were a seller on Godaddy, you would not have that opportunity, BIN's can be very dangerous, a wrong keystroke, can cost tens of thousands.
@jberryhill This is the absolute truth.

A customer of the same platform would most likely be told, too bad, eat the loss. This is also the reason I never list domains for sale anywhere. Buyers will find you if they really want the goods.

•••
Ok. All understood. Nobody is perfect and mistakes do happen. This thread prompts, that a thrid party seller on Uniregistry platform, in similar circumstances (instant transfer SSE sale + genuine pricing mistake), should also be able to ask Uni to reverse everything. Showing them this thread as a reference. Amen.

Last edited:
•••
You have been WARNED

This transaction is in error :xf.wink:

•••
A customer of the same platform would most likely be told, too bad, eat the loss.

This was not a garden variety "pricing mistake". This was a technical error in which the platform did not import the correct prices when the accounts were merged. That's not a feature that a customer of the platform would be able to access in the first place. The affected names had been correctly priced. It was the account merge which generated the error.

But, yes, in the event that Uniregistry performs an account merge on a customer's portfolio which results in mispricing of thousands of domain names due to a technical error, any resulting sales would be reversed.

If someone does not update their previously-set BIN prices, or has seller's remorse, then, no, sales would not be reversed.

•••
A mistake either by their staff or caused by their internal system, shouldn't matter and the sale should've been honored. It was poorly managed and shocking to see it coming from Uniregistry. I'm very disappointed with their cheap behavior.

•••
This was not a garden variety "pricing mistake". This was a technical error in which the platform did not import the correct prices when the accounts were merged. That's not a feature that a customer of the platform would be able to access in the first place. The affected names had been correctly priced. It was the account merge which generated the error.

But, yes, in the event that Uniregistry performs an account merge on a customer's portfolio which results in mispricing of thousands of domain names due to a technical error, any resulting sales would be reversed.

If someone does not update their previously-set BIN prices, or has seller's remorse, then, no, sales would not be reversed.
Their domains, their error, not the customers problem. When sales aren’t honored it immediately gives the platform a black eye.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back