Domain Empire

domain UNABLE TO SELL MY DOMAIN OVER A YEAR / autotechcars.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

akobunduemmanuel

Established Member
Impact
Please house, ever since registered my domain over a year, and it has end-users, i have not been able to get a buyer. Please what could be the problem?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good value added to the thread. Appraisal forum turned into "How to sell your domain name"

•••
Spot on. Even Billion Dollar companies do aggressive marketing for their products I never understood the sitting and waiting technique for ends users seems like a lazy way only makes sense when you are sitting on ultra premium domain names with a lot of cash flow.
Also for less valuable names. I prefer inbound only, because you have the upper hand when the end user contacts you.
And timing is important. End users usually buy a domain only when they need it, for an upcoming project. Your domain name could meet the perfect end user not now but in 3 years or more. Yes, I am in for the long haul...

•••
Also for less valuable names. I prefer inbound only, because you have the upper hand when the end user contacts you.
And timing is important. End users usually buy a domain only when they need it, for an upcoming project. Your domain name could meet the perfect end user not now but in 3 years or more. Yes, I am in for the long haul...
In my humble opinion One only has the upper hand when they are financially in a strong position to begin with and doesn't really matter who contacts who first, a skilled negotiator can make contact first and land a good deal the waiting game works for some but again if you need cash you could accept low ball offers or wait for years for things to happen. I am more about making things happen fast controlling the "when" to some extent.
Lets take apple for example they could just sit back and expect their products to just sell with no marketing why not? but you just have to reach out to the human psychology let them know is there if they are not interested now they at least know is there if they change their mind.
I also never felt in a weaker position doing outbound In-fact my biggest sale was an Outbound Call to a Director. A few sales on here have been reported via outbound eg hatred.com selling for xxx,xxx. The soft touch marketing approach reaching out to potential buyers letting them know a domain is available causes no harm. But I am no Guru is just what works for me to each his own, Obviously if I was a Mike Mann or Rick Schwartz then is probably safe to say no outbound required they can afford to just take trips all year, eat , relax, play golf all day and send tweets. The Grass isn't that greener yet on this side of the aisle hopefully soon for all of US. Anyway Just my View.

Last edited:
•••
Really good domainers sell maybe 5% of their portfolio each year.

If domaining was as easy as many thinks, we would all be rich as hell.

Exactly. If you’re netting $50k per year per 1000 domains you’re doing fine. Some might make more but many will make less or even lose money.

•••
Wow, Thank you my good people on this forum. I will keep bombing end-users proposal. once again thank you, together we shall get there

•••
Thanks for the head up @gilescoley I learned something new:xf.smile:

•••
@Kate

I totally agree, but Im referring to this name in particular. The OP has registered it so whether its good or bad is irrelevant now, they need to try and sell it. Waiting for buyer won't get a sale with this one, they will have to be proactive with a name like this.

I agree with what you say though, domainers need to look for end users before buying names, have a list of people who might want the name before buying a name. Dont register names because you like it or you think it will sell, register names because you have at least 20 people who could use it.

As you get better at it, collecting end users doesnt take much time at all if you know what you are looking for and where to find it. You can get a list of potential buyers in a couple of hours. You're right though, when new to doing it, it is very time consuming and can be overwhelming when you arent sure if you are doing it right.

Hello @gilescoley
What are the most efficient ways to look for end users of a domain name?
What are the things to look out for and things to disregard when looking for possible end users.

Pardon me if my question seems a little broad, I'm a newbie and I need help in this area. Thanks.

•••
How to find end users for brandables? Something broad like Firefox? Or some new area like crypto currency?

•••
Hello @gilescoley
What are the most efficient ways to look for end users of a domain name?
What are the things to look out for and things to disregard when looking for possible end users.

Pardon me if my question seems a little broad, I'm a newbie and I need help in this area. Thanks.

Pretty much what I said below works for me. The most important thing is to not email the WHOIS email address when emailing an end-user, it will be ignored most of the time and when you get a reply, its usually "not interested"...you must contact a person who sees the value in a name and can make the decision right there and then. Its really easy to find these people online without having to call the company.

A bit of advice that will increase your sales

The most important thing is to contact the right person at the company, the decision maker..
Check the company exec team on their website, if you find nothing there, try Google, Bloomberg, LinkedIn, Yahoo finance etc and find someone who can make the call on whether to buy the name (ie the business development manager)

Using the WHOIS often just gets someone who will delete the email and cant make the decision

If you email the [email protected] or the WHOIS, it really reduces your chances of a sale, because most of the time the email will not make it to any decision-makers inbox, it will just get deleted as spam. If a receptionist, marketing or sales person gets the email, 95% of them will delete it and that is a waste of everyones time, especially yours.

If you are say approaching Cisco for example, just google this "cisco exec team"

The first few pages are below and from this I have the names of the following positions, you are more than likely going to make a sale if one of these people sees the value in the domain, then work out the email format. type in "Cisco email format" in Google as well and it will show you

http://www.email-format.com/d/cisco.com/

http://newsroom.cisco.com/exec-bios
http://newsroom.cisco.com/press-release-content?articleId=1646947
http://investor.cisco.com/investor-relations/governance/executive-officers/default.aspx

http://www.networkworld.com/article...new-ceo-s-executive-team-more-departures.html

Chief Digital Officer
Chief Executive Officer
SVP, Chief Digital Officer
Vice President, Growth Initiatives and Chief of Staff
Executive Chairman
Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer
Senior Vice President, Services
Executive Vice President, Worldwide Sales
Senior Vice President, Operations
SVP and Chief People Officer
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
EVP and Chief Development Officer
SVP and Chief Strategy Officer
SVP, Chief Technology Officer, Platforms and Solutions
SVP and Chief Marketing Officer
Senior Leadership Team
Senior Vice President, Global Service Provider
Senior Vice President, Service Provider Business, Products, and Solutions
Senior Vice President of Advanced Security Initiatives - Cisco Security and Trust Organization
Senior Vice President, Cisco Services Platforms Group
Senior Vice President, Global Partner Organization
Senior Vice President, Cisco Research and Advanced Development
President, Latin America Theater
Senior Vice President, Software Strategy & Operations
Chairman and CEO, Cisco Greater China
Senior Vice President, Software, Enterprise Networking Group
Senior Vice President, Office of the Chairman and CEO
Strategic Advisors
Senior Vice President and CIO
Senior Vice President, Cloud, Software and Managed Services
Senior Vice President, Worldwide Services Sales and Global Customer Success
Senior Vice President, Global Cloud and Managed Services Sales
Senior Vice President, U.S. Public Sector Organization

Hope this helps, it does for me

•••
Someone posted on another thread about hunter. Io as a email locator for decision makers. Iv’e used it a bit.

How to find end users for brandables? Something broad like Firefox? Or some new area like crypto currency?

Thats why I got out of those, the brandable markets are where you can try, they have SEO rank, but you compete with 40,000 other names on their websites.

•••
Pretty much what I said below works for me. The most important thing is to not email the WHOIS email address when emailing an end-user, it will be ignored most of the time and when you get a reply, its usually "not interested"...you must contact a person who sees the value in a name and can make the decision right there and then. Its really easy to find these people online without having to call the company.
All those positions mentioned are Good candidates for an outbound email Yes?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back