IT.COM

domain UNABLE TO SELL MY DOMAIN OVER A YEAR / autotechcars.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

akobunduemmanuel

Established Member
Impact
Please house, ever since registered my domain over a year, and it has end-users, i have not been able to get a buyer. Please what could be the problem?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
name?

Hard to give constructive feedback without knowing the name. Sometimes, even experienced domainers sell some of their names after a couple of years + sometimes they drop some names after a few years, its part of domaining.

•••
•••
Option 1: Quit domaining.
Option 2: Drop it
Option 3: Have patience and wait.

So, ask for appraisal and see if it's worth to renew it.

•••
the name is the problem, it's not good, sorry

•••
•••
Alright am gona choose option 3. I renewed it 2weeks ago. Thank you

•••
Please how do i promote it, because all this while i have been waiting for potential buyers

•••
Maybe not good quality name ,or over estimated price.
If it is of good quality then wait for a chance.

•••
Please how do i promote it, because all this while i have been waiting for potential buyers
Use the link I gave you with users using similar names and read up on outbound selling here on the forum.

•••
Please how do i promote it
You don't.
When somebody needs your domain, thinks about the exact same domain, then they will find you.
Even good names can take a long time to sell.

•••
Use the link I gave you with users using similar names and read up on outbound selling here on the forum.
Alright, thank you

•••
You don't.
When somebody needs your domain, thinks about the exact same domain, then they will find you.
Even good names can take a long time to sell.
wow, Thanks, please can i send same proposal to those end-users I have sent before

•••
wow, Thanks, please can i send same proposal to those end-users I have sent before

Like Kate said if they want it they will come to you. Do you buy stuff over the phone when people call you over and over again?

•••
You dont wait..You'll never sell names that way. Thats the biggest mistake domainers make.

You have to actively chase end users with the name. How would they know this name is for sale?

Email them asking if they are interested in the domain.

•••
You dont wait..You'll never sell names that way. Thats the biggest mistake domainers make.

You have to actively chase end users with the name. How would they know this name is for sale?

Email them asking if they are interested in the domain.
mehnnn, you just boosted my moral. please do you have proposal letter or the format. Thanks man

•••
Really good domainers sell maybe 5% of their portfolio each year.

If domaining was as easy as many thinks, we would all be rich as hell.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Really good domainers sell maybe 5% of their portfolio each year.

If domaining was as easy as many thinks, we would all be rich as hell.
or we would be all poor as the church mice, because everybody would do it. :xf.grin:

•••

The biggest mistake is that they don't read up on spam laws. :xf.wink:

•••
The biggest mistake is that they don't read up on spam laws. :xf.wink:

Thats why you customize each email to the specific end-user. Make the person feel special and that you are offering it to them and only them :xf.wink:

A bit of advice that will increase your sales

The most important thing is to contact the right person at the company, the decision maker..
Check the company exec team on their website, if you find nothing there, try Google, Bloomberg, LinkedIn, Yahoo finance etc and find someone who can make the call on whether to buy the name (ie the business development manager)

Using the WHOIS often just gets someone who will delete the email and cant make the decision

If you email the [email protected] or the WHOIS, it really reduces your chances of a sale, because most of the time the email will not make it to any decision-makers inbox, it will just get deleted as spam. If a receptionist, marketing or sales person gets the email, 95% of them will delete it and that is a waste of everyones time, especially yours.

If you are say approaching Cisco for example, just google this "cisco exec team"

The first few pages are below and from this I have the names of the following positions, you are more than likely going to make a sale if one of these people sees the value in the domain, then work out the email format. type in "Cisco email format" in Google as well and it will show you

http://www.email-format.com/d/cisco.com/

http://newsroom.cisco.com/exec-bios
http://newsroom.cisco.com/press-release-content?articleId=1646947
http://investor.cisco.com/investor-relations/governance/executive-officers/default.aspx

http://www.networkworld.com/article...new-ceo-s-executive-team-more-departures.html

Chief Digital Officer
Chief Executive Officer
SVP, Chief Digital Officer
Vice President, Growth Initiatives and Chief of Staff
Executive Chairman
Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer
Senior Vice President, Services
Executive Vice President, Worldwide Sales
Senior Vice President, Operations
SVP and Chief People Officer
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
EVP and Chief Development Officer
SVP and Chief Strategy Officer
SVP, Chief Technology Officer, Platforms and Solutions
SVP and Chief Marketing Officer
Senior Leadership Team
Senior Vice President, Global Service Provider
Senior Vice President, Service Provider Business, Products, and Solutions
Senior Vice President of Advanced Security Initiatives - Cisco Security and Trust Organization
Senior Vice President, Cisco Services Platforms Group
Senior Vice President, Global Partner Organization
Senior Vice President, Cisco Research and Advanced Development
President, Latin America Theater
Senior Vice President, Software Strategy & Operations
Chairman and CEO, Cisco Greater China
Senior Vice President, Software, Enterprise Networking Group
Senior Vice President, Office of the Chairman and CEO
Strategic Advisors
Senior Vice President and CIO
Senior Vice President, Cloud, Software and Managed Services
Senior Vice President, Worldwide Services Sales and Global Customer Success
Senior Vice President, Global Cloud and Managed Services Sales
Senior Vice President, U.S. Public Sector Organization

Hope this helps, it does for me

•••
mehnnn we have a lot of gurus on this forum

•••

The thing is, if there is no buyer for this name, then he could spam the whole world and no-one will buy it.
Collecting leads and spammi... - ahem I mean doing outbound :xf.grin: - takes time (= money).
We all have to make our time valuable. The names have to be worth the time and effort.

Domainers put the cart before the horse, they buy domain names and then they try to figure out who could buy it. This is wrong, you need to do more research, gauge the market before you buy.

This is one is not so terrible, but I doubt there is a big pool of potential end users. The name has to be good enough, but it must also be relevant to the business of the end user or possibly fit with their future plans.

I see that the .com.au has expired and is scheduled to drop so there was maybe one potential end user but now he has gone.

•••
@Kate

I totally agree, but Im referring to this name in particular. The OP has registered it so whether its good or bad is irrelevant now, they need to try and sell it. Waiting for buyer won't get a sale with this one, they will have to be proactive with a name like this.

I agree with what you say though, domainers need to look for end users before buying names, have a list of people who might want the name before buying a name. Dont register names because you like it or you think it will sell, register names because you have at least 20 people who could use it.

As you get better at it, collecting end users doesnt take much time at all if you know what you are looking for and where to find it. You can get a list of potential buyers in a couple of hours. You're right though, when new to doing it, it is very time consuming and can be overwhelming when you arent sure if you are doing it right.

•••
@Kate

I totally agree, but Im referring to this name in particular. The OP has registered it so whether its good or bad is irrelevant now, they need to try and sell it. Waiting for buyer won't get a sale with this one, they will have to be proactive with a name like this.

I agree with what you say though, domainers need to look for end users before buying names, have a list of people who might want the name before buying a name. Dont register names because you like it or you think it will sell, register names because you have at least 20 people who could use it.

As you get better at it, collecting end users doesnt take much time at all if you know what you are looking for and where to find it. You can get a list of potential buyers in a couple of hours. You're right though, when new to doing it, it is very time consuming and can be overwhelming when you arent sure if you are doing it right.
Spot on. Even Billion Dollar companies do aggressive marketing for their products I never understood the sitting and waiting technique for ends users seems like a lazy way only makes sense when you are sitting on ultra premium domain names with a lot of cash flow. OP don't be scared to also make calls you have to be relentless in your efforts if you want to eat no easy meals in domaining I'm afraid.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back