IT.COM

.uk .UK domain name release

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Is anyone registering .UK domains? They opened registration for anyone and there's a bunch of great one-word domains up for grabs. I haven't heard much about this extension on this forum and wanted to know all of your take.

UK residents already owning the .CO.UK extension received first dibs of its equivalent but now it's open registration. These .UK names seems to be much more better and catchy than .co.uk, but we'll see how things go. I suppose it's still too early to say.

There's still many great domains up for grab.
ROR-Timeline-for-FAQs-872x357.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably cause they're not your average drop. They didn't drop as usual into the list of available names, they were available only to registrars.

I was spraying some wd40 on some hinges and I noticed the name wd40.co.uk on the side of the can. I checked wd40.uk and it's been snapped up by someone during this release. I'm astounded at the number of companies that didn't bother to get their .UK names.

Do you mean handregging (no backorders) is not possible?

•••
Do you mean handregging (no backorders) is not possible?
Backordering was possible, but it was only to registrars that had signed up and followed the process to be eligible. Plus they weren't expired names, they were newly created names, I wonder if that made a difference also.

•••
BitcoinGiftCards.uk
BitcoinSecurity.uk
Libra-Coin.uk
LibraDaily.uk
LibraGiftCards.uk
LibraPoker.uk
MyLibra.uk
MyLBR.uk
LibraTokens.uk
LibraKing.uk

•••
Does anyone know what was the final bid for coin /uk? I was bidding on this domain, but I wasn't home when the bidding ended and SnapNames mobile is useless, you can't see the highest bid over the phone, just your own bid. They also do not show auction history. GPS /uk sold for $1,004 tho.

•••
Probably cause they're not your average drop. They didn't drop as usual into the list of available names, they were available only to registrars.

I was spraying some wd40 on some hinges and I noticed the name wd40.co.uk on the side of the can. I checked wd40.uk and it's been snapped up by someone during this release. I'm astounded at the number of companies that didn't bother to get their .UK names.

Yes just shows you they don’t want .uk and co.uk is here to stay

•••
The

.uk

Domains that were bought a couple of days a go etc won't mean that much at the moment because those that didn't want them probably still don't want them but 10 years down the road assuming the Internet is still a thing etc Because technology may have moved on etc the uk digital website addresses will have shifted to. uk from. Co.uk etc and those that didn't want the. uk when they had the chance to buy it may not get the chance to buy it as it's price may have soared to proper dollars prices and or its seller may not want to sell on principle Eg doesn't need to sell etc

That's when the. uk Website addresses will be worth a few quid but it's a long term investment decision

Flippers will still make a few quid but the best dough is long term investing in. uk Website addresses

•••
•••
From my reading, it might take some time but .uk should do very well. Certainly .co.uk is much more widely recognized, but it shouldn't take too long for the shorter, attractive .uk extension to gain popularity.

I regged a few like...
paycrypto.uk
paywallet.uk

•••
•••
From my reading, it might take some time but .uk should do very well. Certainly .co.uk is much more widely recognized, but it shouldn't take too long for the shorter, attractive .uk extension to gain popularity.

I regged a few like...
paycrypto.uk
paywallet.uk

Best of luck but even in couk crypto domains don’t sell very well

•••
As

.uk

Website addresses are being bought by people all over the world so the uk digital property is actually leaving the uk to be registered in different countries etc which in turn itself is why digital land is worth more than actual land that can't move etc

But make sure you get the word you are typing in to a domain name registrar spelt right

Eg tires means rubber tin the states but in the uk it's spelt differently

Eg tyres

As is color

Color is a the word used in the states

But in the uk it's spelt colour etc

And as it's a uk cctlds the words in the website address will only make any sense in the uk if spelt as people in the uk would type them in to Google etc

•••

I regged a few like...
paycrypto.uk
paywallet.uk
I felt like that, but it's not looking very promising is it with big corporations failing to even bother to reg them.

Nissan, Spar, Umbro to name a few. Also new brands like Voxi that could probably get away with the switch didn't get their name. Other random ones that I noticed are WD40, Honeywell and probably many more.

•••
The auction has started on

Domainlore. uk

And you can now see the prices that have been bid and how many bids and auction expiry date etc

•••
Well I back ordered gadgetshop.uk on domainlore. It said caught with 2 bids. No auction showing so far. Seems kind off annoying that it will be a public auction even though only 2 bids but I guess this is how they make their money.

•••
I thought the £6 pre-bid was for a place in a private auction ?

•••
You'd think so but it does say on the page "We will aim to catch just released .uk domains for you at a fixed cost of £50 each. To secure your bid you will need to deposit £6 per domain you'd like to target. If we do not succeed - the deposit is fully refunded. If there are more bids for the same domain, you'll take part in a quick public auction."
I thought the £6 pre-bid was for a place in a private auction ?

•••
: (

Wish I had bid more in today's Snapnames auctions. I bought JUST over at dropped. Figure it will be good for marketing just/ UK/anything. Got one or maybe two more in sights at Godaddy this week

Last edited:
•••
@creature congrats. How much did it cost you?

Also, any insight into how much other .UK names are going for on Snap?

•••
As it's a

.uk

Website address thread etc

Crypto lawyer. uk

&

Crypto lawyers. uk

May be for sale

Subject to price

•••
As it's a

.uk

Website address thread etc

Crypto lawyer. uk

&

Crypto lawyers. uk

May be for sale

Subject to price

Don't spam your domains for sale in this thread, go start your own.

Also stop wasting your money on names like that.

•••

Names like that even in co.uk won't sell how on earth do people think they will in .UK :-P

•••
Names like that even in co.uk won't sell how on earth do people think they will in .UK :-P

Nominet and the .uk fiasco reeling in yet more suckers.

•••

Delete the post then

I could care less

I was also told to stop wasting money on gtlds

The Internet will decide which way it decides to go

I just guess approx 20 years ahead of reality I couldn't care where the Internet goes it will prove me right or wrong but I don't mind either way

If investment decisions make sense a person isn't think far enough ahead of reality

Last edited:
•••
What do you guys think of talentconnect/uk. The US, com and net and co extensions have all been developed into a website

•••
What do you guys think of talentconnect/uk. The US, com and net and co extensions have all been developed into a website

I wouldn't register it that's what i think

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back