DU

Secret SantaTop Member
Impact
SUCK IT PENGUINS!

f3c18ded4737b99fb47ab33d42ba.jpg

and

Vancouner___Casucks___logo_by_Ronburgandy.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Where is briguy to explain all this hockey stuff to a guy that lived in sunshine all his life? lol

Yes-women-can-play-hockey.jpg

•••
Where is briguy to explain all this hockey stuff to a guy that lived in sunshine all his life? lol

Yes-women-can-play-hockey.jpg
lol
Put a few UFC type fighters in heavy padding add a little "end to end" play like in basketball add a little finese play (Micheal Jordan, basketball) and you have the basics of Hockey!

GO DETROIT GO

•••
Code:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012-04-15/chippy-nhl-playoffs/54299518/1

Whats chippiest in hockey? Fighting I would think. And do the refs still let them fight for a while before breaking them up.

•••
Hockey is like the one sport below the level of NASCAR for rednecks to watch.

Maybe on par with professional wrestling?

•••

Maybe salary wise...sure not the big bucks that the NFL/NBA/MLB players get.

•••
Code:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012-04-15/chippy-nhl-playoffs/54299518/1

Whats chippiest in hockey? Fighting I would think. And do the refs still let them fight for a while before breaking them up.

Chippiest is not about fighting.. fighting is the solution. Chippy is the slashing, stick hitting, love taps that usually go unnoticed. The fights are usually when the enforcer is needed to send a message it won't be tolerated.

A lot of the things mentioned in the article aren't really chippy as much as they are cheap shots.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Have you ever watched hockey? It's one the most fast-paced high-energy sports around. It requires huge amounts of dexterity, speed, fitness and coordination.

•••
Well, better Ice hockey than American Rugby.

•••
•••
Will NHL’s Spring of Shame continue?

Code:
http://nhl-red-light.si.com/2012/04/18/will-nhls-spring-of-shame-continue/

•••
And what were your thoughts watching the games last night?

Canucks in 7!

•••
And what were your thoughts watching the games last night?

Canucks in 7!

I wasn't able to watch the games but I will admit that 3-1 leads are never comfortable.

But to answer the question:

"Typical Flyers"

"Damn... I still hate the Casucks"

But I'm going for Ottawa over NYR so I'm not anti-Canadian!

:)

Flyers in SIX.
Canucks in SEVEN (unless Quick has a monster).

Is my prediction.

J.

•••
oh my, this is going to set forth ridicule, shame and possibly ignores from np hockey elite. But I just figured out my "team" in the playoffs. Go Sharks!

sharks-choke-bb.jpg

•••
•••
Today's NEW thoughts....

Flyers?!? WTF are you doing?

and

losertown.jpg

•••

You wouldn't have too much luck staying alive up here...

Sens are my team. Finally got to go to my first game this year. I was pretty stoked and a 2-2 series in which both teams are playing exceptionally well makes for some great games.

•••
Raffi Torres of Phoenix was suspended 25 games by the NHL on Saturday for a late hit that resulted in Chicago's Marian Hossa being taken off the ice on a stretcher.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2mX7LqBGo4"]Raffi Torres hit on Marian Hossa. Phoenix Coyotes vs Chicago Blackhawks 4/17/12 NHL Hockey - YouTube[/ame]

•••
Yeah my team (Detroit)been eliminated...Nashville goalie played great!

•••
•••
Some New Thoughts.

What Eurorealtor said!

Come on Caps - you can beat the annoying Bruins... and fingers crossed for Kings over Casucks (who are aggravating to watch).

Come on Blackhawks!

Sidney Crosby can take even MORE time off now. Time he needs to get his head together. On the bright side he won't have that embarrassing play-off fluff on his face.

•••
Some New Thoughts.

What Eurorealtor said!

Come on Caps - you can beat the annoying Bruins... and fingers crossed for Kings over Casucks (who are aggravating to watch).

Come on Blackhawks!

Sidney Crosby can take even MORE time off now. Time he needs to get his head together. On the bright side he won't have that embarrassing play-off fluff on his face.
Just a thought, defaultuser..maybe start a "second round NHL thread", once the first round done???

•••
Just a thought, defaultuser..maybe start a "second round NHL thread", once the first round done???

Isnt one thread enough? LOL

Looks like my sharks are gone

I should have shut up and picked a ringer team from somewhere else

•••
Isnt one thread enough? LOL

Looks like my sharks are gone

I should have shut up and picked a ringer team from somewhere else

Really no "ringers" in playoff hockey...Canucks and Rangers are having a hard time against "weaker teams".

•••
Really no "ringers" in playoff hockey...Canucks and Rangers are having a hard time against "weaker teams".

Understatement with the Canucks! It's not so much HAVING a hard time but HAD a hard time....

Na na na na.. Na na na na na... Hey Hey Goodbye.

No second round thread.... but soon I will resurrect the Le Douche thread!

I think Philly could go all the way to the 2nd round of the playoffs this year.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

I also hope that Prongs continues to make a recovery.

250px-Chris_Pronger_2010-03-27.JPG

•••
Understatement with the Canucks! It's not so much HAVING a hard time but HAD a hard time....
lol..still didn't play when I posted!
(As of this posting) hoping Ottawa takes it on home ice..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back