domain Triple Crown "Justify".... Domain Justification - Justify.ntld

Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
With Justify winning the Triple Crown at Belmont Park, i justified taking a leap of faith, and bought a half dozen two word .coms like, JustifyRacing.com (not mine). I also bought a few strategic one word Justify.ntld's that compliment the .com's.

This may be stink'n think'n, but professional gamblers may want to own domains with "Justify" as part of the name. Maybe I need to sell them in Vegas or at the track:xf.wink:

Anyone ever justified a strategy like this? Ideas or suggestions? Thanks,

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
With Justify winning the Triple Crown at Belmont Park, i justified taking a leap of faith, and bought a half dozen two word .coms like, JustifyRacing.com (not mine). I also bought a few strategic one word Justify.ntld's that compliment the .com's.

This may be stink'n think'n, but professional gamblers may want to own domains with "Justify" as part of the name. Maybe I need to sell them in Vegas or at the track:xf.wink:

I'm sure a lot of newbies have fallen for a strategy like that. Not a great keyword.

I would really spend more time studying sales. For this one, justify:

0 reported sales
https://namebio.com/?s==YTOwcDO2cTM

4 here but:
from $10 - $220.
One was the same keyword, bought for $65 to be sold for $10 the next year.
http://dnpric.es/?q=justify

Don't think it really works combined with any money keywords. justify + ?. Probably why lack of sales with that keyword.

Last edited:
•••
I'm sure a lot of newbies have fallen for a strategy like that. Not a great keyword.

I would really spend more time studying sales. For this one, justify:

0 reported sales
https://namebio.com/?s==YTOwcDO2cTM

4 here but:
from $10 - $220.
One was the same keyword, bought for $65 to be sold for $10 the next year.
http://dnpric.es/?q=justify

Don't think it really works combined with any money keywords. justify + ?. Probably why lack of sales with that keyword.
Thanks so much for your input, however I already knew all the info you shared. As a renaissance domainer/guy, similar to the likes of a Leonardo Di Vince or a Ben Franklin, I tend to think outside the box. Pretty much anything in life can be justified, thus I see Justify winning the Triple Crown as an opportunity to exploit the name in the form of domains....just look at "FakeNews" as an example.

Knowing there have been no sales, I needn't waste my time studying sales. The one thing I have found interesting is that each of my JustifyXXX.com domains appraise for over $1,000 and one for over $2,000.
While we all know these appraisals are pretty much an industry joke, they provide added value to my domains that I also intend to exploit.

Thanks again for your input, but the word Justify was just enhanced by the horse by that name winning the Triple Crown yesterday. Breeding rights, ie. stud fees, according to Sports Illustrated, value Justify in excess of $75 Million dollars. I'm just hoping my domain naming rights for Justify domains are in excess of $1,000 each. Stay tuned, and thanks again for the encouragement:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Thanks so much for your input, however I already knew all the info you shared. As a renaissance domainer/guy, similar to the likes of a Leonardo Di Vince or a Ben Franklin, I tend to think outside the box.

Might as well throw in Issac Newton, Einstein, Edison and Tesla as well. It takes a true brilliant mind to register a bad domain. :facepalm:

Brad

•••
I tend to think outside the box.

VR, AR, or Crypto is thinking outside the box, not "Justify" IMHO :xf.wink: Good luck tho.
Just out of curiosity, have you ever made any domain sales in your domain investing career?

•••
Might as well throw in Issac Newton, Einstein, Edison and Tesla as well. It takes a true brilliant mind to register a bad domain. :facepalm:

Brad
LMAO....are you insinuating the domains I've registered are bad domains without even seeing them? Speaks VOLUMES:xf.grin:

•••
LMAO....are you insinuating the domains I've registered are bad domains without even seeing them? Speaks VOLUMES:xf.grin:

No, I am inferring it based on your other registrations I have seen. It seems like an easy assumption.

Also, unless it is a .COM/NET/ORG then "Justify" is not going to have any real value in any other extension (outside maybe .horse :xf.smile:)

Brad

•••
VR, AR, or Crypto is thinking outside the box, not "Justify" IMHO :xf.wink: Good luck tho.
Just out of curiosity, have you ever made any domain sales in your domain investing career?
Sure...being European, do you even know about the Triple Crown? If you want to know specifics I would suggest you reach out to me on a more personal level. You can reach out either via Linkedin or my personal email, and you'll find me to be charming, gracious and accommodating.

•••
Sure...being European, do you even know about the Triple Crown?

Seen on ESPN when I lived in the US. I believe in your great hospitality, just don't understand all the domains you register and present here on NP since you joined the forum. In my opinion you spend so much money for registering domains which may (most likely) never sell.

•••
each of my JustifyXXX.com domains appraise for over $1,000 and one for over $2,000.
While we all know these appraisals are pretty much an industry joke, they provide added value to my domains
This pretty much qualifies as an oxymoron of a statement! ....wow!

•••
No, I am inferring it based on your other registrations I have seen. It seems like an easy assumption.

Also, unless it is a .COM/NET/ORG then "Justify" is not going to have any real value in any other extension (outside maybe .horse :xf.smile:)

Brad
Brad...i've registered 1,750 names in the last 12 months of which you may have seen less than 10%. And you do know what happens to you when you assume anything:xf.wink: Case in point, you're so hung up on the .com's vs. the nTLD's you didn't even notice my first post that started this thread where i CLEARLY stated i'd bought a half dozen .com's using the word justify compared to a few one word nTLD's using the word justify. So not knowing any of the .com's i own, according to you,there's a chance they might have some "real value". Brad...before you criticize,you really should do your homework. If I were you i'd be embarrassed. Hint...I'm sure I could learn from you, but I know you're way to close minded to learn anything from me. Sad....very sad:xf.sick:

•••
Seen on ESPN when I lived in the US. I believe in your great hospitality, just don't understand all the domains you register and present here on NP since you joined the forum. In my opinion you spend so much money for registering domains which may (most likely) never sell.
That's your "opinion", and we know what that's worth. Suggestion for you too eurorealtor, if you don't have anything positive to say, I'd recommend you say nothing at all.

•••
•••
Thinking outside the box, but just a bit, not too much.
Because end users are not thinking outside the box when choosing domains to buy.

Now if you've registered 1750 domains over the last 12 months you should have sold at least a few, just by virtue of statistical probability. There is no escaping the quality > quantity rule.

•••
Brad...i've registered 1,750 names in the last 12 months of which you may have seen less than 10%.

Registering domains is the easy part. 1,750 domains registered; how many sales?

And you do know what happens to you when you assume anything:xf.wink: Case in point, you're so hung up on the .com's vs. the nTLD's you didn't even notice my first post that started this thread where i CLEARLY stated i'd bought a half dozen .com's using the word justify compared to a few one word nTLD's using the word justify.

I am saying even as the pure 100% keyword, without any additional terms, really only COM/NET/ORG would have any resale value. I don't think the exact term in any new gTLD or adding a word in .COM really has much, if any, resale value.

I mean come on, you really think a horse winning the triple crown is going to lead to a paradigm shift in people using the term "justify" when it comes to branding?

Best of luck.

Brad

•••

I wish you luck. But for me I cannot justify doing this.

•••
@Bulloney

There is no value in these "Justify" names, you can tell that without seeing the names, it doesnt matter what word you put before or after "Justify", it doesnt increase its value.

You really need to start listening some advice before you start struggling to pay all these renewals. Its really not worth spending you life savings on them. Rather try and focus on one thing and see it through to a stage where you start making sales/money from it.

With $17,500 in renewals costs each year, and that a conservative estimate at $10 a name each, money will vanish fast

•••
@Bulloney In your opinion, what is the best advice you've got so far from a member here on NamePros?

Last edited:
•••

No. Stop registering broadcast based domains. The audiences that watch TV are shrinking faster than any market ever, and these famous events have never been so irrelevant to commerce. Not to mention you aren't thinking of the business application for any of these. Who would want to utilize the name for their business? Building a site is a ton of work, why are you assuming anyone would want to pawn off the horse that won one time at an event that happens yearly? Zero sense, stop at all costs.

Unless of course you like to collect old newspapers, then your strategy is self-gratification, not business based.

Ideas? Grace delete all the domains you've registered in the past few days. With this level of market dissonance, I would be willing to bet none of the domains you registered would be worth anything to anyone but you. My honest suggestion is to try to sell your names before you buy another one, or at least ensure the continuation of the good domains in your portfolio by renewing them for a few years instead of compounding your losses with new registrations. Good luck!

•••
Good 💭 thought
Register a few and try selling.

•••
Thinking outside the box, but just a bit, not too much.
Because end users are not thinking outside the box when choosing domains to buy.

Now if you've registered 1750 domains over the last 12 months you should have sold at least a few, just by virtue of statistical probability. There is no escaping the quality > quantity rule.

So Kate....or is it Jen? While you've shown your true colors by NEVER apologizing to me for FALSELY ACCUSING me of cyber squatting, I owe you absolutely NOTHING! However, that said, unless you're afraid to reach out to me personally, I'm more than happy to share with you the sales I've made to investors in me personally, and my company in the last 12 months. Your FALSE ACCUSATIONS are a matter of written record, so if you think you can hide from them....think again:xf.wink:

•••
Registering domains is the easy part. 1,750 domains registered; how many sales?

I am saying even as the pure 100% keyword, without any additional terms, really only COM/NET/ORG would have any resale value. I don't think the exact term in any new gTLD or adding a word in .COM really has much, if any, resale value.

I mean come on, you really think a horse winning the triple crown is going to lead to a paradigm shift in people using the term "justify" when it comes to branding?

Best of luck.

Brad
Again Brad....i wasn't born yesterday...far from it:xf.wink: I started this thread by saying I was taking a "leap of faith" by registering, "a half dozen two word .coms like, JustifyRacing.com (not mine)." I was careful not to say exactly what I registered for it would be considered advertising and self promoting in violation of the TOS. Brad...seriously, do you know what a "Stud" is? Justify, yes the horse, will be generating $75M in just stud fees over the next several years. Ever heard of Gallop Magazine Brad? I didn't think so, but you can check it out here;https://www.gallop-magazine.com/. So instead of my listing my domains on sites where no one other than maybe you might see them, what do you think about me listing them for sale in Gallop Magazine where readers/breeders worth hundreds of millions of dollars will see them?

Brad, I can't imagine your retort, but I'm sure you'll have something negative to say....Next Play!

•••
I wish you luck. But for me I cannot justify doing this.
It took a "Leap of Faith" my friend, and a total investment of less than $100. Compare that bet to the return on a hundred dollar bet placed on Justify in the Belmont (last race of the Triple Crown). A hundred dollar bet would have yielded $190 to win, $175 to place and $140 to show. I'll let you do the math, but thanks for wishing me luck, but I sincerely believe you make your own luck:xf.grin:

•••
@Bulloney

There is no value in these "Justify" names, you can tell that without seeing the names, it doesnt matter what word you put before or after "Justify", it doesnt increase its value.

You really need to start listening some advice before you start struggling to pay all these renewals. Its really not worth spending you life savings on them. Rather try and focus on one thing and see it through to a stage where you start making sales/money from it.

With $17,500 in renewals costs each year, and that a conservative estimate at $10 a name each, money will vanish fast
Like Kate and others you assume an awful lot Giles....would you bet your life on there being "no value" in the name Justify? And as far as my, "struggling to pay for renewals? In case you haven't been listening, around 300 of my domains have dropped because they were bought for reasons other than "name investing". That said however, with a few exceptions, most of my names are set to drop after a year anyway.

Regardless, those who have invested in me and my company "own" domains that come as part of the deal. Unlike you, they happen to believe in me and my plan to sell their names to help offset their investment.

Giles, finally I'll share with you the FACT that my domains appraise for well over a million dollars. My .Golf and .Club domains alone appraise for over 250K. That said however, I've set a goal to monetize from 10 to 20% of my domains within 24 months. And if you think I'm going to try and sell them the traditional way domainers try and sell their domains, you really don't know me:xf.grin:

Again, thanks for the encouragement Giles....if you only knew:xf.wink:

•••
No. Stop registering broadcast based domains. The audiences that watch TV are shrinking faster than any market ever, and these famous events have never been so irrelevant to commerce. Not to mention you aren't thinking of the business application for any of these. Who would want to utilize the name for their business? Building a site is a ton of work, why are you assuming anyone would want to pawn off the horse that won one time at an event that happens yearly? Zero sense, stop at all costs.

Unless of course you like to collect old newspapers, then your strategy is self-gratification, not business based.

Ideas? Grace delete all the domains you've registered in the past few days. With this level of market dissonance, I would be willing to bet none of the domains you registered would be worth anything to anyone but you. My honest suggestion is to try to sell your names before you buy another one, or at least ensure the continuation of the good domains in your portfolio by renewing them for a few years instead of compounding your losses with new registrations. Good luck!
Wow!...you said, "you aren't thinking of the business application for any of these" Are you kidding me?. I've started, named, bought and sold more businesses in my lifetime than you ever dreamed of. I'd seriously suggest you check me out before you fly off at the mouth about something you know absolutely NOTHING about. Thus, I take all your advice and suggestions and file them in the "round file" assuming you know that that is:xf.wink:

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back