IT.COM

question Domain name vocabulary list

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JoaoPT

Impact
Hi

I'm new in the domain names/parking/monetization realms. I came to your forum by learning about it in an online article. This probably is a great place to ask questions, if you respond. Instead of spend your and my time asking questions that may be answered many times, i'm asking you to consider creating a vocabulary/glossary/list of terms, whatever you want to call it... I'm asking some questions in this thread and, if you respond, you may consider put some of the answers in the "glossary". Now, if you want, of course, you can respond to some questions.

- What is G, Y, one click, two click ads, etc. What is the impact of such "things" in domain monetization ?

- It worts to set keywords for each domain (100 domains x 3 or 4 platforms... wow)? Platforms have algos that do that work?

- If i want to put domains in many platforms, i must perform ownership verification. If i want to park, i need to set up txt entries or nameservers. Is there a method that does the job? When i buy a domain (only, without disk space, etc), usually there's no cPanel. And after the moment you change the nameservers (for sedoparking.com or another), you are unable to insert TXT entries without cPanel. How you manage this mess, with the extra that i use 3 or 4 registrars (mainly namecheap, but i've used others because promos). Cloudflare needs their own DNS servers in their free service, otherwise you get out. There's any way to unify all together? This is truly a nightmare.

- I have domains parked in Sedo (about 100, some sh*tty. I'm in this from about 20 days), but i want to monetize it, if possible. It's possible a profitable strategy focused in BOTH selling and monetization? And renting? There are threads/articles/how to's with juicy information? Or advices...

- What are the best parking platforms for a beginner? voodoo.com informed me that my domains are "too young". I've earned 0.37 EUR at sedo since 15 days ago, with an average of 30 domains (i've bought the remaining 70 domains last few days only, and i've activated the premium advertisements only 3 days ago, but appears to have no impact). In bodis i've earned zero in 4 or 5 days until i take all the domains out. So... if you recommend me platforms/articles, i'll be delighted.

I know there's so much questions, but i think it's better than create many threads. And please, think about the glossary/vocabulary thing.

Thanks in advance.

Jo

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For some reason i don't saw the "Popular Beginner Resources". If you want to delete the thread, no problem. Sorry.

•••
Hi

when it comes to domain parking/monetization, then everything!!!!
depends on the "actual" domain names in question.

don't know what you're expecting from it,
if/when you register random domain names first, then think about how to monetize them after.

best for you to actually read thru the parking section and utilize the search feature to find related posts to your questions

Good luck!

imo...

•••
Sounds like a great opportunity to create your own blog.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back