Dynadot

poll Travel.Agency what will it sell for

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Travel.agency has to be one of the most relevant new gTLDs and therefore one would expect it to be one of the most valuable. It has 110,000 exact match searches per month on Google.
The question is what would the name now sell for?
I’m going to estimates in today's market it will sell for $7000
I think the downside of this name is that travel agencies use brands and not keywords. Keywords have lost favour over the last few years due to Google's change in the search algorithm.
Interested to see what other members think it will sell for and why and seeing who is the closet.
Also think it will be sold to a domainer and not to an end-user. And at $7000 I think there will be little upside when trying to remarket it to an end user.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My friend:

IN WHICH LANGUAGE MAY I WRITE IN ORDER TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT DOMAINS ARE COMPOSED BY LEFT & RIGHT OF THE DOT ???

What´s on the LEFT of the DOT is/are keyword(s) and what´s on the RIGHT of the dot is/are extension(s) ...

Following your criteria to take the whole URL as a single phrase than:

Travel.agency becomes TravelAgency

Travel.com becomes TravelCom (a worthless domain)

Travel.info becomes TravelInfo

enough examples or you need more ???

Domains can be READ on both sides of the dot, that does not mean the MONEY is on both sides of the dot.

•••
2nd biggest opportunity since creation? No... Here's the difference. When .com came out it was possible to for REG FEE get things like elephant.com tiger.com

This "opportunity" has the registry eliminate the best names immediately. Call.mom is $15,000 PREMIUM name. Will an enduser even pay that much?
If you read all my comments, you´ll see I said that there are things related to the New gTLDs that I don´t like or don´t agree with them like PREMIUM pricing/renewals ... this is their bad side, but there is a good side as well: the opportunity to grab high value domain names; opportunity you won´t have in .COM extension unless you registered .COM domains 25 years ago :) New gTLDs are the present and the future, internet is changing so up to you to cash on the opportunity or watch others cashing ...
Like I said, you don't understand extensions like .com, .net, .xyz, future .web are more neutral in which any keyword can go with them, unlike these niche extensions. Somebody in the business shouldn't be struggling to understand this basic stuff.

Can you answer this question for me:

travel.agency
shoes.agency
sex.agency
beer.agency
waterheaters.agency

Can you tell me which one you would put first and why.

Comparables for travel.agency

would be
travelagency.com - it's this one

travel.com - you think it's this one
I´m buying and selling .COM domains since 1997 without understanding them. I´m just lucky. Poor you ...

•••
I´m buying and selling .COM domains since 1997 without understanding them. I´m just lucky. Poor you ...

Which is more shocking why you've said some of the more stupid things I've read. Like travel.agency will be worth more than travelagency.com. Somebody running a brandable marketplace not understanding branding. And based on your posts, I don't think you've really been selling that much.

•••
Domains can be READ on both sides of the dot, that does not mean the MONEY is on both sides of the dot.
Definitelly there is plenty of money to be made selling New gTLDs, but one has to be smart. Investing in new gTLDs is not the same as investing in .COM

•••
If you read all my comments, you´ll see I said that there are things related to the New gTLDs that I don´t like or don´t agree with them like PREMIUM pricing/renewals ... this is their bad side, but there is a good side as well: the opportunity to grab high value domain names; opportunity you won´t have in .COM extension unless you registered .COM domains 25 years ago :) New gTLDs are the present and the future, internet is changing

I guess you missed out then as you don't own brand.club.

Look, the major companies don't give a shit about these new extensions.

We will not see Face.book, sound.cloud, google.earth

The most (which is rarely at best) is a redirect. There is no change. It's the same thing that always happens. People hoard domains. 99% never sell. Rinse and repeat.

I checked .bet before launch
88888.bet - taken
888888.bet - taken
8888888.bet - taken
88888888.bet - taken

It's all speculation. No logical or sane person will start a business with the domain 888888888888.bet

•••
Which is more shocking why you've said some of the more stupid things I've read. Like travel.agency will be worth more than travelagency.com. And based on your posts, I don't think you've really been selling that much.
Travel.agency is already more valuable than TravelAgency.com
I have not talked about sales on my posts so I don´t know who´s posts you read ...

•••

That's all you need to read. Some of your posts about stuff like that are just out there.

•••
I guess you missed out then as you don't own brand.club.

Look, the major companies don't give a sh*t about these new extensions.

We will not see Face.book, sound.cloud, google.earth

The most (which is rarely at best) is a redirect. There is no change. It's the same thing that always happens. People hoard domains. 99% never sell. Rinse and repeat.

I checked .bet before launch
88888.bet - taken
888888.bet - taken
8888888.bet - taken
88888888.bet - taken

It's all speculation. No logical or sane person will start a business with the domain 888888888888.bet
I´m not investing in numerical and CHiPS domains and not mentioned them on my posts.
"Major companies don't give a sh*t about these new extensions" you are talking about today, right ? you forget that in the future things may change ... 20 years ago nobody was giving a sh_t about the .COM and things changed. Your loose !!!

•••
That's all you need to read. Some of your posts about stuff like that are just out there.
Same as yours ... blind vision.

•••
I have not talked about sales on my posts so I don´t know who´s posts you read ...

This is insanity.

•••
I want to find out how fit my domain estimate skills according to this domain are and so now I make a clear and public estimate for what it will sell in my opinion - let's try:
I think travel.agency will sell for exact 123,456.78 USD if nothing unexpected happen.

I just read that this domain includes also 5 major social madia accounts:

Facebook.com/TravelDotAgency
Twitter.com/TravelDotAgency
Linkedin.com/in/TravelDotAgency
Pinterest.com/TravelDotAgency
Instagram.com/TravelDotAgency

And the 'backup' domain/s traveldotagency.com / .co / .net / .org / .info

And I think a branding / logo also.

All the best!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
I´m not investing in numerical and CHiPS domains and not mentioned them on my posts.
"Major companies don't give a sh*t about these new extensions" you are talking about today, right ? you forget that in the future things may change ... 20 years ago nobody was giving a sh_t about the .COM and things changed. Your loose !!!
There's a big difference.
.com is a standard. It's like gold. Gold will always have value. Many materials are trendy for a while and then are worthless.

I've seen it all. .tel was hyped so much before launch. It was suppose to revolutionize the way we viewed the internet.

#1 reason the GTLD's will never work is that there will never be an infinite # of extensions.

GTLD's are trendy. So I'm going to type smoke.alarm. But .alarm doesn't exist.

However the standard (.com) will always exist.

And as for travel.agency. Sorry but it's a terrible domain. Because it's generic. An end user will simply redirect it to their .com branded company.

•••
There's a big difference.
.com is a standard. It's like gold. Gold will always have value. Many materials are trendy for a while and then are worthless.

I've seen it all. .tel was hyped so much before launch. It was suppose to revolutionize the way we viewed the internet.

#1 reason the GTLD's will never work is that there will never be an infinite # of extensions.

GTLD's are trendy. So I'm going to type smoke.alarm. But .alarm doesn't exist.

However the standard (.com) will always exist.

And as for travel.agency. Sorry but it's a terrible domain. Because it's generic. An end user will simply redirect it to their .com branded company.
All this thinks you are posting are valid as yesterday ... today and tomorrow things are different!

•••
•••
•••

Purchase the name.

Obviously, it's a 6-figure name and right now it's only in the 4-figure range. If I'm living in the past and you're right... why have you not bought it yet?

•••
All this thinks you are posting are valid as yesterday ... today and tomorrow things are different!

Let's examine some posts about .tel and let's see if there is any similarities to your hype

post 1
Potential is there for this extension, why, because its universal and different....

I am VERY VERY excited, I pre-regged names and I hope I get every single one....

post 2
Why .tel?

1 - A .tel plays a fundamentally different role than a traditional .com,.net,..., has very specific and unique content, and is published in a different format and medium (DNS instead of Web). Therefore, Google and other search engines will want to index .tel content in addition to .com content, and will not penalize a company for having both a .com and a .tel, as opposed to those that multiply websites under .com, .biz, .co.uk, etc... This will give companies double presence, with both a .com and a .tel.

2 - The .tel data is fully structured, and therefore very easily readable and understandable by search engine crawlers, as opposed to standard web page content that needs advanced parsing algorithms that often misunderstand the content (reading a fax number as a main number, for example).

3 - .tel communications content is very easy to maintain, and can be updated at significantly shorter intervals than .com informational content. This gives search engines more incentive to re-index .tel content at shorter intervals as well.

4 - Local search engines will index by preference .tel data thanks to .tel's focus on communications and location information.

5 - Finally, .tel has the best ROI in the SEO/SEM business, being extremely cheap ($15-$20/year) given all the features above.

We've seen this movie before

•••
Let's examine some posts about .tel and let's see if there is any similarities to your hype

post 1

post 2

We've seen this movie before
You are a waste of time my friend, bye ...
(Buy a membership at DnAcademy to learn a bit about domain investing ...)
nothing personal!

•••
You are a waste of time my friend, bye ...
(Buy a membership at DnAcademy to learn a bit about domain investing ...)
nothing personal!
Sure, I will. But first I got to renew my membership with DNF college. Oh wait..

Your view is quite similar to these people in the stock market who do one thing.....

PUMP and DUMP

I'm not going to be a bag holder.

Your job is to convince us that it's worth something. And leave us as the bagholder. No thanks.

•••
Purchase the name.

Obviously, it's a 6-figure name and right now it's only in the 4-figure range. If I'm living in the past and you're right... why have you not bought it yet?
I have a business model and only buy New gTLDs on EAP
Hope that helps.

•••
•••
Do so, you really need it. Good luck.

For anyone reading this thread look up PUMP and DUMP.

BrandClub is running one of these schemes.

Nothing new. He knows what he is doing. His job is convince us that he knows what he is talking about. His real motive is to get our money and leave us with fools gold.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back