Dynadot

question Transfer before 60-day lock

NameSilo
Watch

SCP Foundation

Established Member
Impact
Hi fellas
Does anyone know a registrar which accepts domain transfers between 2 accounts in the same registrar before the 60 day lock and which allow new accounts to do this transfer ?
Namecheap is doing this but i would like to know if there is another registrar doing it

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I THINK YOU CAN DO TRANSFER WITH ALL OR MOST BETWEEN THE SAME REGISTRA

•••
It should work fine for accounts with the same registrar for almost all I believe.
I have tried this with NameCheap and Sav and both worked fine.
When I searched about this earlier I got the same answer that its fine to transfer within the same registrar accounts before 60 days.

•••
I THINK YOU CAN DO TRANSFER WITH ALL OR MOST BETWEEN THE SAME REGISTRA
With name.com you cant do it before 60 day lock and with dynadot you can transfer only to account who are more than 90 days old

•••
•••
Most registrar allow to move domain from one account to another account with same registrar

•••
•••
•••
As others have said, I think all registrars let you do internal transfers before 60 days. You just can't move it externally from one registrar to another.

I've done this at both DynaDot and NameSilo and can tell you it works fine at both.

•••
With name.com you cant do it before 60 day lock and with dynadot you can transfer only to account who are more than 90 days old
This is a good bit of info, the part where transfer to account has to be more than two months old for Name and three months for Dynadot.

I haven't had this issue with other registrars like Namesilo or Porkbun where often a buyer will create an account to gain immediate ownership of his newly acquired domain, via account transfer.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back