Dynadot

Trademark Questions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have a few particular trademark questions that I intend to study up on. Some pertain to domains I own, or am thinking of registering. Any comments or links are appreciated.

1) A future candidates name, a past example would be: Bush04.net, or Kerry04.org. (I own various ext's on possible future republican nomination)
2) I'm thinking of buying a name based on a book written in the 1800's but has been redone many times. Can I buy a reference to the original book's title, even though later best sellers based on the original have the exact same titles?
3) Famous court cases I am assuming are ok, i.e.: smithvsjohnson.org (I own two on a case)
4) Paypalsucks.com. Paypal is obviously a trademarked name, but I am guessing this webmaster has a 1st amendment right to openly critiscize a product or service?

Does anyone have a link for rapidly checking trademark names? I've seen it referenced, but didn't think to bookmark, and now I forget where I found.

I'm still pretty new to the buis, and this group has been a great resource for learning.

Thanks NamePros!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
just go straight to the US trademak & pattent website

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back