Domain Empire

.TRADE Domain Names - Why I like them.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Since the 4 letter domain names were bought out 12 years ago, I have found it difficult to find a topic on Namepros that I was very invested into talking about. I have wanted but I don't trade domain names like I used to and hence it has been difficult for me to find a topic that I can align with situation.

I am thinking that my new interest in .TRADE domain names may be something that I can talk about. I am investigating the potential of this domain extension as a way to help build new trading routes on the internet through better consumer oriented technology. My hope is to attract young people to consider the potential of creating better communication systems between consumers and sellers so that consumers can get cheaper products and services and sellers can get higher levels of predictability of sales.

This keeps consumers happy because they save money and it keeps sellers happy because they have lower risks of losing money.

For me, I decided that I see this sort of technology useful for thousands of businesses and advocacy of this technology is a return to 1970's/1980's principles where heavy investment was made into high quality customer service through huge call centres and telephone technology and the idea of "The Customer Is Always Right" was from my memory a bigger issue than today.

For me, I like the .TRADE domain extension as a possible contender to advocate new extension for a bigger consumer-directed focus in trading due to the idea it helps bring focus to the notion that there are two main players in trading (The Consumer and the Seller) and the view that both members should be engaged in equal levels of participation for the best outcomes.

I personally see .COM puts too much focus on the commercial business as the main identity for this sort of transaction and in many ways this sort of service should be a conduit for both the seller and the customer and so it needs to provide for both of them.

I like the fact that they are not used a lot yet as I am hopeful to share my insight of the potential of these domains as I think that they have huge potential for this next upcoming decade being the 2020's.

I hope to share a bit more on this with time as I think that this is potentially an exciting opportunity that I am very interested in.

For reference, I don't have any of these domains at this point in time and have no current plans to get any. My interest is in the potential technology that I see that this domain extension could potentially align with and the context relevance of this extension being a high quality contender for the technology.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just another of 1,XXX nTLDs...
5.5 years elapsed - and just 16K domains are registered in .trade
In other words - it means ~0 aftermarket.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back