IT.COM

Tracking your emails using SideKick app...pretty useful for outbound!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
The Sidekick app by Hubspot Sales is an excellent tool for outbound marketing.
I personally have found it pretty useful for my outbound sales.

It tracks your email and notifies you when your email has been opened. This helps you track what would be the best time to follow up with your prospect.
If a prospective client opens your email more than twice or thrice, you know that he might be interested in acquiring that name and may be thinking about it.
A gentle follow up at the right time may do wonders.

I am sure there would be other tracking tools as well.
I personally find this tool very useful while doing outbound marketing and keeping a track of the number of emails sent, number of those opened, and what percentage of the email were left unopened.
That gives me an idea about when to change the subject line as well.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is it a free app? Is it available for android?

•••
Is it a free app? Is it available for android?
It's free for the first 200 browser notifications. If you want more, you have to pay. However, I'm using it for around 2 years, and if you want to check the reports, just go to their website, instead of checking the browser notifications.

•••
It's free for the first 200 browser notifications. If you want more, you have to pay. However, I'm using it for around 2 years, and if you want to check the reports, just go to their website, instead of checking the browser notifications.

Hi, I'm not clear what you meant by this part? "if you want to check the reports, just go to their website, instead of checking the browser notifications"

I'm also using it for some times and is there any other way to see after first 200 notification without paying?

•••
Hi, I'm not clear what you meant by this part? "if you want to check the reports, just go to their website, instead of checking the browser notifications"

I'm also using it for some times and is there any other way to see after first 200 notification without paying?
Well, there is a browser extension that shows you the notifications. But it will show you only 200 notification per month. If you have more, they will just not pop up in your browser. Still they are visible online, in your Hubspot account, that can be accessed through their website, hubspot.com.

If you installed the extension using you Google email, then for Hubspot account you just have to use it for authentication.

Last edited:
•••
Well, there is a browser extension that shows you the notifications. But it will show you only 200 notification per month. If you have more, they will just not pop up in your browser. Still they are visible online, in your Hubspot account, that can be accessed through their website, hubspot.com.

If you installed the extension using you Google email, then for Hubspot account you just have to use it for authentication.

I'm not checking notification through browser extension but hubspot account itself. As far as i know after it exceed 200 limit all notification going "blur" and you can't see notification (new or old) until start of next month.

•••
•••
•••
So you can have it on your android phone too, its not just for desktops?

•••
remember that by adding any third party app to your Gmail you authorize it to have full access to your emails

another thing is all those mail tracking apps are very primitive in how they operate - they insert an invisible 0x0 px image into every email sent.

if a recipient's email client does not allow automatic image showing by default the image will never get requested even thou the email was read - resulting in false negative.

if a recipients email client is behind a firewall that download/cache images the image gets fetched even if the recipient never opened the email - resulting in false positive.

if an email is forwarded thru multiple corporate mail gateways/servers (probably even in different geo locations if it's a big complex intranet) the image may be fetched many times on its way to the recipient's inbox by intermediate caching/antivirus middleware - which leads to multiple false positives making you think your email was opened 10 times in 5 remote offices around the world...
you get excited, while in reality your email silently went into trash bin unnoticed..

...in return you have to give them full access to your email, allow 3-rd party cookies, turn off your Ghostery etc.

imho

•••
remember that by adding any third party app to your Gmail you authorize it to have full access to your emails

another thing is all those mail tracking apps are very primitive in how they operate - they insert an invisible 0x0 px image into every email sent.

if a recipient's email client does not allow automatic image showing by default the image will never get requested even thou the email was read - resulting in false negative.

if a recipients email client is behind a firewall that download/cache images the image gets fetched even if the recipient never opened the email - resulting in false positive.

if an email is forwarded thru multiple corporate mail gateways/servers (probably even in different geo locations if it's a big complex intranet) the image may be fetched many times on its way to the recipient's inbox by intermediate caching/antivirus middleware - which leads to multiple false positives making you think your email was opened 10 times in 5 remote offices around the world...
you get excited, while in reality your email silently went into trash bin unnoticed..

...in return you have to give them full access to your email, allow 3-rd party cookies, turn off your Ghostery etc.

imho

So are you basically saying we shouldn't track outbound emails?

•••
So are you basically saying we shouldn't track outbound emails?

..that's up to you
just be aware of potential pitfalls and limited reliability of the reports

•••
..that's up to you
just be aware of potential pitfalls and limited reliability of the reports
I think the risks associated as mentioned by you are real, I am sort of an outbound guy and I track emails. I think one needs to look at tracking realistically and not overthink about it. However, I do find tracking useful as quite a few times it indeed is accurate and in other times it is just a mishap which makes you believe its been read over and again which is not true.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back