IT.COM

Totally Free And Unique Way To Park Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Badger

Ravaged By AgeVIP Member
Impact
1plus.net - The ONLY way to park and sell your domains for free and earn 100% of the revenue - is now ready for general release..

The site concept is a "for domainers, by domainers" site and my thanks go out to the likes of -RJ-, Grrilla, Cyberian and the dozen or so others who have helped test the site with their parked domains....

So you have some domains, you haven't yet developed them, you may not trust other mini site or parking page providers and you want a little more control...Yes....??

If so, then 1plus.net is the site for you..

Whats it all about?

1plus.net was born in the Spring of 2006 and, at time of writing, provides automated websites for nearly 20,000 domains and over 500 registered users. 1Plus is a site designed equally for the benefit of the domain holder and the visitor alike. Unlike those horrible 'advertisement only' parking sites - which ensure visitors stay for just about as long as it takes for them to hit the 'Back' button - 1Plus can either be a content rich news site providing multiple and unlimited pages for each of the domains it serves, a fully functioning blog or a traditional parking page. Constantly improving and developing, we provide free hosting for all, a free domain sales service and also multiple language feeds in addition to English. The site has been written by domain owners, for domain owners, it is fully customisible and totally FREE.

So, first up! How does it work?

1. Very simply, you upload your domain names (once you have created your free account) in your user admin panel at www.1plus.net - Our bulk upload tool allows you to do this in a matter of minutes. Simply upload your domains without the "www" etc i.e. YourDomain.Com
2. Then, insert your chosen global banner code into your profile - this can be done using a code from any of the ppc or affiliate program (adsense, YPN, CJ.com, tradedoubler or your own custom made banners etc etc). You may use multiple banner codes, alternate banner codes (when your PPC server cannot serve them) or use your very own banners. Basically, the choice is yours. You may even customise different banners for individual domains in addition to using the global option. If this all sounds confusing, a simple solution is to just enter your adsense merchant id number ( This site recommends Google AdSense for targeted ads) on your "customize" page and the site will do the rest.
3. Set the main "keyword" and/or "keywords" on each of your domains (this is shown as "Main KW") in your 'domain manager'
4. And finally, set your domain Nameservers at your domain registrar to : ns1.1plus.net and ns2.1plus.net.

(Alternatively, you may also simply set your domain A records to 69.73.150.25 or you may Url redirect each of your domains to www.1plus.net/your_domain_name/ (you may mask your domain if you require). If you use URL redirection please DO NOT forget to re-direct using the correct address, in particular forgetting the "/" at the end of the URL is a common mistake.)

And thats it.... Your site will be live, hosted and (hopefully) earning you money straight away.. :)

Reported click throughs have been up as high as 20% and one user has reported his adsense earnings are up from $62 a month to $290

Why should I bother...?

1. You have 100% control and also get 100% of your revenue from whatever advertising supplier you choose.
2. The site writes all its own content based upon the keywords you enter. Two examples of our different news skins can be found <Here> and <Here> These are sites showing latest news and links and ads from adsense. YourDomain.com shows you an example page with user defined custom banners. We also now have a blog skin <Here>, or a regular parking page <Here>
3. The site writes further open ended optimised pages for you so that a single domain of yours can have additional web presence. See www.golf.sc/travel
4. Each verified domain marked as "for Sale" is listed on our domains for sale page (a page that is indexed by the search engines numerous times a day) - this ensures even a newly registered domain is indexed and listed within a matter of days
5. The site also offers a free escrow domain sales service with no commission - thus ensuring you receive 100% of any domain sale values.

Questions...

1. What size banners can I have?

On our news pages, two banner spaces are provided for. 468X60 Headline/leaderboard banner and 120X600 skyscraper. You may also use additional banner codes of your choice or customization provided they are of the ppropriate size. For our Blog and Parking pages, all you need to do is insert your adsense merchant and / or your "revenue pilot" id numbers.

2. What about your straight parking page?

We did beta test an adsense for domains straight parking page (which we have been approved for) but this involves creating a bona-fide business and paying users etc - a decision we have left on the back burner for now. For all those who prefer the parking page as a first choice, this is available with the feed coming from Revenue Pilot. Simply apply to them using your 1plus.net parked domain.

3. Whats in it for you?

Very little. And we intend to keep it this way. However, in chat with our testers, they suggested and we agreed to use the house banner code once every 10 page views.

4. Can I customise my banners for individual domains instead of having a global banner code?

Yes.

5. Can i simply advertise my domains without hosting them with you?

Yes. Although we cannot see any reason why you would still want to park elsewhere, you may still create a 1plus account and upload your domain names "for sale". These will show on our domains for sale page. The only difference between hosted domains and those parked elsewhere is that domains not hosted by us incur a 10% sales handling fee if or when you receive and accept an offer to sell. Also, domains not parked on the site will also not show users banners.

6. Can I advertise my domain on the 1plus home page?

Yes. Each registered user gets 1 free "featured" domain which will appear on our home page (in rotatation with others).

7. Are there any restriction/s on ccTLD's and or type and style of domains?

No. You can park any name you want. All we ask is that offensive and/or adult related domains do not get featured (and appear on our home page). Non-english related domains are supported but certain column headers and text remains in English.

8. Are the mini sites against adsense or yahoo's TLA's ?

No. All the pages are full of content and not "made for adsense"

9. Can I use URL masking if I use URL redirection?

Yes. No problem whatsoever. The only drawback using this technique is that you will have to set your own metatags and titles at your registrar.

10. Will my domains be indexed in their own right or as a sub domain of 1plus.net?

If you point your domains using a change of nameservers, you will have a fully hosted, optimised and indexed domain in its own right. Some domains already have 300 indexed pages.

11. Can i advertise my products, services and or websites on any other of the 50,000 page views per day?

Yes. To help pay for hosting, we are allowing horizontal keyword text link adverts to appear on all our pages for a very small fee, click here to place your order

12. When do you pay me?

We dont pay anyone.. All the ads you choose to serve on our site are provided by 3rd party companies, the likes of which you decide. You must create an account with the likes of revenue pilot, adsense, yahoo, CJ.com yourself - and these guys pay you for the traffic/sales you provide. Once you have created your 1plus account, links to these providers are available in your user control panel.

13. I have applied for an account but havent received the confirmation email?

Certain email clients such as AOL (in particular) auto bounce server generated emails. If you havent received your confirmation link, check you spam box. If it isnt in there, send an email to support from the email you registered with. We would be grateful if users did not try and register from AOL email accounts in particular.

And thats about the long and short of it...

I hope you will enjoy your experience with the site and earn some decent revenue as a result...

As a footnote, obviously if you have any problems in your set up or questions that go unanswered feel free to email [email protected] or visit the 1plus blog. There is also a long discussion thread going on at NamePros.com

Regards

Ian Collier

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Badger,

Please correct me if I am wrong. From what I gather in these forums you are affiliated with 1plus.net?

I have done some testing. Viewing the source codes of any of the domains I have parked at 1plus.net, I keep seeing the google adsense code of pub-41xxxxxx9415025 appear randomly. It averages popping up 1 in 5 page views, with my adsense the other times.

Please explain. Thank you for your time.

•••
scottp26 said:
Badger,

Please correct me if I am wrong. From what I gather in these forums you are affiliated with 1plus.net?

I have done some testing. Viewing the source codes of any of the domains I have parked at 1plus.net, I keep seeing the google adsense code of pub-41xxxxxx9415025 appear randomly. It averages popping up 1 in 5 page views, with my adsense the other times.

Please explain. Thank you for your time.

I am nothing to do with 1Plus, however, I seem to remember that the way in which the parking program generates revenue is by randomly placing their adsense code every 10 times (or something similar). This would be what you're seeing.

•••
Thanks for the clarification. If it is printed, I missed it.

I guess this is what you are referring to:

3. Whats in it for you when you show news and blog sites?

Very little. And we intend to keep it this way. However, in chat with our testers, they suggested and we agreed to use the house banner code once every 10 page views.

Not very clear. I thought 1plus.net made money from selling advertising and the ads placed on every page. I found it to be more like 1 in 5 page views in testing. Oh well, at least now I know. I planned to develop most of the domains anyway, I thought it was a great idea (1plus.net) to leave them there as I develop them.

•••
i hope there is a way to do this - I just bulk uploaded about 100 domains - I typed in all the domain keywords but I would rather not do the same for all the meta stuff. Anyway to have the meta default to the domain keyword??

•••
August has come and gone... Any idea when Imodo is coming? I'm sitting on oodles of names that I want to set up there. Thanks... I can't wait to see it!

•••
Imodo

Imodo team,
How about a few simple questions while we wait for the release of Imodo?

1. Will there be a way for us to continue using our adsense accounts with Imodo, or will "you pay us" be the only method?

2. Will you keep 1plus up and running?

My only comment is that if you wait until Imodo is perfect, it won't ever get released... :)

Thanks guys.

•••
You're not wrong there... Sooo frustrating. Its such an adventurous platform, in retrospect it may have been better to launch with not so many (still buggy) features...

But hey, all good things come to he who waits...

To answer your questions, yes, iMODO will have 2 verticals. The first we are calling our "legacy" platform, basically 1plus.net as is now with a couple of small improvements. The new templates will be called our "premium" platform and this will be a "paid by us" vertical.

Secondly, we intend to move everyone over from 1plus.net to iMODO (when you see our domain manager tools you'll understand why) and run both platforms from there. The nameservers will remain as is currently.

What we do with 1plus.net is anyones guess. A site with over 70,000 indexed pages is hard to just shut down. In time I suspect it will be the pin that holds all our verticals together.

iMODO wont be perfect at launch, its different (to say the least) and we have numerous monetization streams available for you guys.

Im sure not every domain will work best at iMODO, like 1plus.net its a long term revenue growth platform where monetization at day 1 wont be perhaps as strong as you may find elsewhere. But (as ever) we intend to be 100% honest with you guys, up front and completely transparent. We wont accept everyone onto the program straight away and we will be heavy on suspicious traffic. We have a great partner in Yahoo and they are fully committed to our program both in terms of revenue share and flexibility.

What we do after iMODO launch +1 will be to get people involved in the maintenance, operation, moderation and management of our program and help us begin to make the foundations of a digital media company where our intent is to take on ze vorld.. :red:

Weve lots of plans, starting now... We'll almost now.. Be back soon and sorry for the delay..

•••
Badger said:
we intend to be 100% honest with you guys, up front and completely transparent. We wont accept everyone onto the program straight away and we will be heavy on suspicious traffic. ..

:tu:

I dont get much traffic so you have no probs with me :yell:

•••
Well I have seen the future and it is iMoDo.

Like Badger said, it is so much more than a simple parking program, it is a community within itself!

As new and innovative as 1Plus already is, iMoDo is the natural evolution of that great idea expanded to a domainers dream come true.

Thanks to everyone for putting up with the delays, they will only benefit us all in the long run.

Peace,
Cyberian

Last edited:
•••
Well, we look forward to seeing it Cyberian - any idea when it will be ready ?

•••
mellowmasher said:
:tu:

I dont get much traffic so you have no probs with me :yell:

Then, I doubt they will let you "in" during the first round!

Good luck!

•••
sf2010 said:

Good luck!

:o

•••
Lord knows when us outsiders will see this imodo so I'd like to know:

Why did the "TOP" option disappear for domains in the blog option at 1plus? Now your other domain links won't rotate onto your pages.

AND

Does anyone know how to block or bulk erase the thousands of spam comment entries on the blog option at 1plus?

Thanks!

Oh...and I'm looking forward to imodo...(sigh)

•••
sf2010 said:

Good luck!
Not true! According to an previous [ost by Badger, loyal, long term 1plus members will receive 1st priorty.
MM def qualifies for that. :)

Cy

•••
More Top Stories broken

On all the 1plus sites I've checked today (mine and other peoples) the more top stories links are very strange.

Here's a sample, keyword = affiliate
Code:
MORE TOP STORIES

* Affiliate
    * 000 Results
    * Affiliate Programs

Is this a known problem or something new?

•••
Hi Bruce, were just finalising the iMODO move and trying to make it for our 1plus users as seamless as poss... Please bear with us over the next 72hrs and more news should be forthcoming by then..

All the best

Ian

•••
Thanks Ian,

Good luck with the move

•••
I am trying hard to remove ALL my names from 1plus.net, beside the fact I can't find the way to remove a SINGLE name from my account, beside all the Mysql errors, nobody answer my emails.

I wonder if there is someone working on that site and WHY i can't receive an answer when I ask to remove my names, It's not really customer oriented.

Removing my names should be a regular option in the user control panel, instead it's a full time job hunting someone to answer and do his job.

What the f... is going on with you people?

You want to make money off other people's names, nothing bad with that but don't take them as hostage!

:(

•••
Simply check them in the column with the rubber above and update the page...??

Whats the big deal about having them deleted??

•••
Hey Badger... Could you give us a new deadline for the Imodo opening?

•••
I Am Just Using Bodis And SEDO
But Bodis Never Records Any Click
That Domain Recieves Lots Of Traffic

•••
where can I find my stats for my domains at 1plus?????
I just set one to imodo, but nothing yet

•••
ccm said:
where can I find my stats for my domains at 1plus?????
I just set one to imodo, but nothing yet

I would also like to know how to look at the stats in 1plus? Also, what is the iMODO checkbox for ?

•••
1plus doesn't provide stats. Use your Adsense account to tell you, or better yet get a Google Analytics account and paste the codes into your domain setup.

The Imodo column will be your indication to 1plus that you would like to transfer the domains to the new Imodo service that they are setting up. You can read about Imodo in the few pages prior to this post.

•••
hi, Badger:

i just registered a free account, but it showed :"You are yet to be approved as a Trusted user "

i cant upload my domains,please help me, thanks! :-/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back