Domain Empire

Totally Free And Unique Way To Park Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Badger

Ravaged By AgeVIP Member
Impact
1plus.net - The ONLY way to park and sell your domains for free and earn 100% of the revenue - is now ready for general release..

The site concept is a "for domainers, by domainers" site and my thanks go out to the likes of -RJ-, Grrilla, Cyberian and the dozen or so others who have helped test the site with their parked domains....

So you have some domains, you haven't yet developed them, you may not trust other mini site or parking page providers and you want a little more control...Yes....??

If so, then 1plus.net is the site for you..

Whats it all about?

1plus.net was born in the Spring of 2006 and, at time of writing, provides automated websites for nearly 20,000 domains and over 500 registered users. 1Plus is a site designed equally for the benefit of the domain holder and the visitor alike. Unlike those horrible 'advertisement only' parking sites - which ensure visitors stay for just about as long as it takes for them to hit the 'Back' button - 1Plus can either be a content rich news site providing multiple and unlimited pages for each of the domains it serves, a fully functioning blog or a traditional parking page. Constantly improving and developing, we provide free hosting for all, a free domain sales service and also multiple language feeds in addition to English. The site has been written by domain owners, for domain owners, it is fully customisible and totally FREE.

So, first up! How does it work?

1. Very simply, you upload your domain names (once you have created your free account) in your user admin panel at www.1plus.net - Our bulk upload tool allows you to do this in a matter of minutes. Simply upload your domains without the "www" etc i.e. YourDomain.Com
2. Then, insert your chosen global banner code into your profile - this can be done using a code from any of the ppc or affiliate program (adsense, YPN, CJ.com, tradedoubler or your own custom made banners etc etc). You may use multiple banner codes, alternate banner codes (when your PPC server cannot serve them) or use your very own banners. Basically, the choice is yours. You may even customise different banners for individual domains in addition to using the global option. If this all sounds confusing, a simple solution is to just enter your adsense merchant id number ( This site recommends Google AdSense for targeted ads) on your "customize" page and the site will do the rest.
3. Set the main "keyword" and/or "keywords" on each of your domains (this is shown as "Main KW") in your 'domain manager'
4. And finally, set your domain Nameservers at your domain registrar to : ns1.1plus.net and ns2.1plus.net.

(Alternatively, you may also simply set your domain A records to 69.73.150.25 or you may Url redirect each of your domains to www.1plus.net/your_domain_name/ (you may mask your domain if you require). If you use URL redirection please DO NOT forget to re-direct using the correct address, in particular forgetting the "/" at the end of the URL is a common mistake.)

And thats it.... Your site will be live, hosted and (hopefully) earning you money straight away.. :)

Reported click throughs have been up as high as 20% and one user has reported his adsense earnings are up from $62 a month to $290

Why should I bother...?

1. You have 100% control and also get 100% of your revenue from whatever advertising supplier you choose.
2. The site writes all its own content based upon the keywords you enter. Two examples of our different news skins can be found <Here> and <Here> These are sites showing latest news and links and ads from adsense. YourDomain.com shows you an example page with user defined custom banners. We also now have a blog skin <Here>, or a regular parking page <Here>
3. The site writes further open ended optimised pages for you so that a single domain of yours can have additional web presence. See www.golf.sc/travel
4. Each verified domain marked as "for Sale" is listed on our domains for sale page (a page that is indexed by the search engines numerous times a day) - this ensures even a newly registered domain is indexed and listed within a matter of days
5. The site also offers a free escrow domain sales service with no commission - thus ensuring you receive 100% of any domain sale values.

Questions...

1. What size banners can I have?

On our news pages, two banner spaces are provided for. 468X60 Headline/leaderboard banner and 120X600 skyscraper. You may also use additional banner codes of your choice or customization provided they are of the ppropriate size. For our Blog and Parking pages, all you need to do is insert your adsense merchant and / or your "revenue pilot" id numbers.

2. What about your straight parking page?

We did beta test an adsense for domains straight parking page (which we have been approved for) but this involves creating a bona-fide business and paying users etc - a decision we have left on the back burner for now. For all those who prefer the parking page as a first choice, this is available with the feed coming from Revenue Pilot. Simply apply to them using your 1plus.net parked domain.

3. Whats in it for you?

Very little. And we intend to keep it this way. However, in chat with our testers, they suggested and we agreed to use the house banner code once every 10 page views.

4. Can I customise my banners for individual domains instead of having a global banner code?

Yes.

5. Can i simply advertise my domains without hosting them with you?

Yes. Although we cannot see any reason why you would still want to park elsewhere, you may still create a 1plus account and upload your domain names "for sale". These will show on our domains for sale page. The only difference between hosted domains and those parked elsewhere is that domains not hosted by us incur a 10% sales handling fee if or when you receive and accept an offer to sell. Also, domains not parked on the site will also not show users banners.

6. Can I advertise my domain on the 1plus home page?

Yes. Each registered user gets 1 free "featured" domain which will appear on our home page (in rotatation with others).

7. Are there any restriction/s on ccTLD's and or type and style of domains?

No. You can park any name you want. All we ask is that offensive and/or adult related domains do not get featured (and appear on our home page). Non-english related domains are supported but certain column headers and text remains in English.

8. Are the mini sites against adsense or yahoo's TLA's ?

No. All the pages are full of content and not "made for adsense"

9. Can I use URL masking if I use URL redirection?

Yes. No problem whatsoever. The only drawback using this technique is that you will have to set your own metatags and titles at your registrar.

10. Will my domains be indexed in their own right or as a sub domain of 1plus.net?

If you point your domains using a change of nameservers, you will have a fully hosted, optimised and indexed domain in its own right. Some domains already have 300 indexed pages.

11. Can i advertise my products, services and or websites on any other of the 50,000 page views per day?

Yes. To help pay for hosting, we are allowing horizontal keyword text link adverts to appear on all our pages for a very small fee, click here to place your order

12. When do you pay me?

We dont pay anyone.. All the ads you choose to serve on our site are provided by 3rd party companies, the likes of which you decide. You must create an account with the likes of revenue pilot, adsense, yahoo, CJ.com yourself - and these guys pay you for the traffic/sales you provide. Once you have created your 1plus account, links to these providers are available in your user control panel.

13. I have applied for an account but havent received the confirmation email?

Certain email clients such as AOL (in particular) auto bounce server generated emails. If you havent received your confirmation link, check you spam box. If it isnt in there, send an email to support from the email you registered with. We would be grateful if users did not try and register from AOL email accounts in particular.

And thats about the long and short of it...

I hope you will enjoy your experience with the site and earn some decent revenue as a result...

As a footnote, obviously if you have any problems in your set up or questions that go unanswered feel free to email [email protected] or visit the 1plus blog. There is also a long discussion thread going on at NamePros.com

Regards

Ian Collier

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi, I would like to try this but, I am just a little confused. I checked Google AdSense Program Policies. https://www.google.com/adsense/policies

No Google ad or Google search box may be displayed on any domain parking websites, pop-ups, pop-unders, or in any email.
No Google ad may be placed on pages published specifically for the purpose of showing ads, whether or not the page content is relevant.

Just thought I better ask first.

Thanks
deet

•••
Sure, no problem Deet.

Whilst I coin the term parking page - each page is actually an extremely relevant and content rich mini news site..

But regard adsense TOS, adsense have been in constant comms with us since conception and are more than happy with what is generated. As I wrote above, they were indifferent with the original parking page and suggested adsense for domains program.

But there again, if you still have concerns, dont forget you can place any ad code on your site, you are not restricted to adsense... :)

•••
I'm trying out 1plus.net with my domain www.buyrealty.com and I'm pleased with the way it looks. It's a nice alternative to a parking page. Minisites are the way to go. :tu:

•••
Now thats what i call high quality parking/mini sites.

Not to like "adsense sites" and 100x better than parking pages.

i'll be joining very soon,

Best of luck to you.

•••
It looks outstanding. I'm leaving for vacation within a couple days but when I get back, I'll be sending 100+ domains your way..

How is the stats package? Is there a way to view page views / click thru's etc?

Last edited:
•••
--- forget those questions, it's easier just to try it out for myself lol ---

Last edited:
•••
Badger said:
Sure, no problem Deet.

Whilst I coin the term parking page - each page is actually an extremely relevant and content rich mini news site..

But regard adsense TOS, adsense have been in constant comms with us since conception and are more than happy with what is generated. As I wrote above, they were indifferent with the original parking page and suggested adsense for domains program.

But there again, if you still have concerns, dont forget you can place any ad code on your site, you are not restricted to adsense... :)

OK, Great. Thanks!

•••
B33R said:
I have a question. Can you provide relevant content for any domain? For example, the sites in my sig. Can you provide relevant content for all of them?

And all you ask in return is that ONE out of TEN page views is your ad code? Seems like a very good deal. :)

I dread to think what proportion of revenue my current parking company is taking, and they can't even provide ads for at least 2 of my domains.

If you can provide relevant content for all my sites, you can count me in!
Around a dozen domains to start. :)

For sure, the beauty of the site is that YOU are in control.

For instance, if you are an adsense or Yahoo Publisher e.g. YOU can set the keyword that will generate not only the relevant news and the overture suggestions on your mini site but also the relevant ads.

So, for your sites, you might set the keyword/s for "drinkingden.com" as 'alcohol' or 'drinking' or 'pubs' or 'UK pubs' - the choice is yours. Only you really know what your sites really is all about... There is no limit.

heres an example of what it might look like using "pubs" as the keyword :
http://www.1plus.net/?news=DrinkingDen.com&term=pubs

You can play around with different examples using the same format as the above url to get to where you wanna be... :)

Alternatively, you might set the keyword for 'drinkingden.com' as something completely unrelated - Again, the choice is yours.

Furthermore, if you dont want to / cant use adsense etc you may use ANY ads you want... If you have a CJ.com account, you can with their SmartZone feature create a single code and rotate multi ads on your pages, as detailed above, www.1plus.net/YourDomain.com/ shows how this works.. refresh the page to see a different set of ads... :)

Hope that answers your question..

•••
I'm just trying it out. Looks pretty good. :)

•••
EXCELLENT idea Badger!!

Is it possible to "do" the minisite thing without having to list your domain for sale? Am not interested in selling at this time. Just want to earn some $$$ off them for the foreseeable future.

Thanks!

•••
TestCase said:
EXCELLENT idea Badger!!

Is it possible to "do" the minisite thing without having to list your domain for sale? Am not interested in selling at this time. Just want to earn some $$$ off them for the foreseeable future.

Thanks!

Sure. Just follow the principals as detailed above.

unfortunately, it will take me a few weeks to allow the option to remove the "for sale" banner - but i guess receiving offers via the site is no hardship.. After all, if the price is right ;)

Once you have created you account, simply do not click the "for sale" option and when the feature is added, the for sale banner will be replaced automatically...

•••
Am waiting to receive my email confirmation as I type this.

One thing I did notice in checking out -RJ-'s link is that the page loaded slowly both times I checked it out. Is this just a momentary issue on my end or is there additional work needed on the server side to speed things up?

In case it's of any relevance, I am located in the US (west coast) and have broadband connection.

Last edited:
•••
Looks good, will have to try it sometime! :)

Ed

•••
TestCase said:
One thing I did notice in checking out -RJ-'s link is that the page loaded slowly both times I checked it out. Is this just a momentary issue or is there additional work needed on the server side to speded things up?

Yes, this is an observation we have noticed that occurs from time to time.

Its not a server related problem, the issue lies with the overture suggestions tool. When grabbing content from overture, if their suggestions tool is busy there is a noticeable slowing of loading speed.

This is something we are working on and we are coding the site right now to load the overture suggestions into the DB (on first load) and script it so that it updates these from time to time. We find the overture suggestions column a handy and unique feature and one which we dont really want to drop unless absolutely essential.

The honest answer is, the slow load rate only occurs very infrequently and 90% of the time its fine

Last edited:
•••
Last question, the domains I've uploaded use Whoisguard. Is there anything I can do to help verify them without turning off the Whoisguard?

The messages that I'm getting when I click on the "No" under Verified are:

1Plus.net have found the following Registrant, Administrative or Technical email
in WHOIS entry for this domain :
[email protected],[email protected]

This email is not verified yet. We have sent you verification link on this email. Please click on it to complete domain verification process. Thanks.
I've gotten them through Whoisguard in the past so I'm wondering if there is a delay in Whoisguard passing them through to me or ???.

Please let me know what I can do to help get things moving along... Thanks!

•••
TestCase said:
Last question, the domains I've uploaded use Whoisguard. Is there anything I can do to help verify them without turning off the Whoisguard?

The messages that I'm getting when I click on the "No" under Verified are:

I've gotten them through Whoisguard in the past so I'm wondering if there is a delay in Whoisguard passing them through to me or ???.

Please let me know what I can do to help get things moving along... Thanks!

Not a problem, if you PM me your user id, I'll verify your domains via admin

•••
On the customize park page:

If I enter my Google Adsense code, is it still necessary to enter the horizontal and vertical banner code?

If I don't enter anything in the horizontal and vertical banner fields, will they be filled with ads using my Adsense code (assuming I've entered it)?

Thanks.

•••
Great idea.. will possibly give this a shot in the coming weeks!

•••
Insert your chosen banner code into your profile - this can be done using any code from any ppc or affiliate program (adsense, YPN, CJ.com, tradedoubler or your own custom made banners etc etc)
B-man,
I wanted to finally put my YPN acct to use so I went ahead and used the banner codes from it, but in the page I'm looking at I see that the Google search box is on the page along with a Google skyscraper that I'm guessing is your "one-tenth cut", plus one of the Yahoo banners across the top.

Isn't displaying both Google and Yahoo ads and or search boxes on one page at the same time a violation of both programs TOS's?

•••
What are the "TOP" and "NEWS" checkboxes for on the Domain Management page?

Sorry for all the ?'s.....

•••
I've also got another question:

For my test site: www.drinkingden.com (DNS still propagating)
On the settings page, I've got "news" ticked and both adsense newspage codes filled in.
On the site both adsense banners show fine but the "beer related news" left hand column has links using a different adsense code. Are they supposed to be like that?

Also, while I think about it, is there any way to change the "hits" in the control panel to unique views?
Mine shows 102 hits but pretty much all of them are me! :)

EDIT: NameClerk - the "news" tick adds news to your page. I've no idea what "top" does - seemingly nothing.

•••
Jeepers, teach me to live in a different time zone as everyone else...

Right, lets take these as the come...

1, If I enter my Google Adsense code, is it still necessary to enter the horizontal and vertical banner code?

If youve entered your adsense merchant number in your profile, this is all that is required.

2, Isn't displaying both Google and Yahoo ads and or search boxes on one page at the same time a violation of both programs TOS's?

Hmm, Im not sure .... But i will check. If you have google banners and yahoo banners displayed on the same page I guess this could be a problem. I will configure it so that this doesnt happen.

3, What are the "TOP" and "NEWS" checkboxes for on the Domain Management page?

Ok, the domain management page is a little scruffy now and needs tidying up. Some features are from our now defunct parking pages. "top" was a feature that allowed you to list your other 'top' domains on your parking page, so ignore that. "news" creates the page you require....

The site will continually develop and Im hoping to offer further pages and alternate ad positions as this goes. Next job is to tidy up the backend though me thinks.

4. On the site both adsense banners show fine but the "beer related news" left hand column has links using a different adsense code. Are they supposed to be like that?

No. And this will be fixed. If youre right, it must be showing the house ad code. I will investigate and fix if necessary.

5. Also, while I think about it, is there any way to change the "hits" in the control panel to unique views?

Sure, i'll add this feature as well. May take a few days with this - what with the other priorities and all - but it will be done.

Thanks for all your questions guys, will start de-bugging and adding the features you requested straight away..

:)

•••
Any chance of us having control of how our domain names appear at the top of the page? I think it would make the page look a little more professional - and possibly make it "stickier" - if we could capitalize letters as appropriate. (Though there will ALWAYS be the ones that insist upon capitalizing every letter...)

Instead of displaying "somesitename.com", we could have it display "SomeSiteName.com" which looks (at least to my eyes) a bit more professional and authoritative.

1, If I enter my Google Adsense code, is it still necessary to enter the horizontal and vertical banner code?

If youve entered your adsense merchant number in your profile, this is all that is required.
The only place I saw to add an Adsense code was under "Page Parking". Is this what you are referring to, or is there another place? Had changed the displayed code to mine but noticed the different Adsense code (as mentioned above) being used in the left hand columns on my pages.

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
TestCase said:
Any chance of us having control of how our domain names appear at the top of the page? I think it would make the page look a little more professional - and possibly make it "stickier" - if we could capitalize letters as appropriate. (Though there will ALWAYS be the ones that insist upon capitalizing every letter...)

Instead of displaying "somesitename.com", we could have it display "SomeSiteName.com".

This is possible already..

When you Url redirect your domains, set your caps at this point...

i.e. www.1plus.net/YourDomain.Com/
or www.1plus.net/YoURdOmaIN.cOM/

Hopt that helps.. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back