IT.COM

.Top Gains 422,000 Domain Names In One Day

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
The .Top registry added a mind blowing 422,133 domain registrations in one day according to RegistrarStats.com.

.Top gained 422,133 domain registrations yesterday and now sits at 3,215,489 domain names making it the 6th most registered gTLD.

Only .com, .net, .org, info and .xyz have more registrations.

According to new gTLD stats .TOP has 3,266,487 registered domain names with the domain name registrar Alpnames having 1,116,264 or 34.17% of all .Top registrations followed by Chengdu West Dimension Digital Technology Co., Ltd with 929,253 registrations representing 28.45%.

Source

Most of the registrations in .TOP are from China. There were many people from China approaching me on Facebook and LinkedIn, to buy the .TOP domain name. So, I guess heavy promotional activity contributed to the popularity of the extension!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No budget = no any lists.
No pressure here. It was only my suggestion to you, as you mentioned you are going to drop at least 95% of your .TOP domains anyway, and I would like to buy some, but if you prefer to drop them, its fine.

•••
No any pressure, just aftermarket's law.
No budget = no domains.

•••
Ok Jurgen, unfortunately I do not understand you and your replies at all. You imply that I can not afford your domains which you want to drop anyway, which is funny proposal. But you have indeed achieved it: I have no interest anymore. Peace :)

•••
I also don't have time and interest to showcase... sorry.

•••
+++ UPDATE +++

Todayyy + 29,010 .top's registered.

THATS AGAIN MORE THAN ABOUT 10 TIMES MORE THAN ALL OTHER NEW TLDS TOGETHER

Source
https://namestat.org

.top namestat august 28 2016.png

•••
Do you plan to bump this thread every time when will be deleted 10 times more than all other together?

•••
•••
Domains seen: 414,728
Bad domains: 201,491 (48.6%)

Wowo, if someone can't believe these facts, and realize companies are blocking emails from this extension, and half of all sites are spam, they must live in a cave.
200,00 out of 400,000 are spammers buying these things by the thousands, or is the registry making up these sales to create a bubble that will pop.top and b urst your bubbles too KingOf.Smoke

•••
.top getting lots of publicity on this forum kingof.top
in fact, he should run his own forum dedicated to .top and 63domains.

•••
Maybe .top is proving to be a rather bad investment for flipping in the future. Or, maybe in time, things will improve (once the cheap reg prices disappear and renewal fees force the spammers to let go of them).

Who knows for sure. It will take a long time to stabilize value, if it survives long enough.

One thing is certain... If @KINGOF.TOP does not become a billionaire before it's all said and done, it won't be due to lack of effort. You have to give him that much credit.

•••
•••
Do you plan to bump this thread every time when will be deleted 10 times more than all other together?

Smart but suggestive question - thats why I will not answer it in another way than this.

•••
Todayyy again more than a quarter of 100,000 new .top's registered.

Source
https://namestat.org

Soon* .top will reach 3.5 million
Sooon* .top will reach 4 million
Soooon* .top will reach 5 million
Sooooon* .top will reach 10 million
Soooooon* .top will reach 100 million
Sooooooon* .top will reach 500 million
Soooooooon* .top will reach 1 billion

Sooooooooon* .top will reach more than 1,000,000,000 (more than one billion)

*we knowww time is relative

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back