Dynadot

.Top Gains 422,000 Domain Names In One Day

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
The .Top registry added a mind blowing 422,133 domain registrations in one day according to RegistrarStats.com.

.Top gained 422,133 domain registrations yesterday and now sits at 3,215,489 domain names making it the 6th most registered gTLD.

Only .com, .net, .org, info and .xyz have more registrations.

According to new gTLD stats .TOP has 3,266,487 registered domain names with the domain name registrar Alpnames having 1,116,264 or 34.17% of all .Top registrations followed by Chengdu West Dimension Digital Technology Co., Ltd with 929,253 registrations representing 28.45%.

Source

Most of the registrations in .TOP are from China. There were many people from China approaching me on Facebook and LinkedIn, to buy the .TOP domain name. So, I guess heavy promotional activity contributed to the popularity of the extension!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Relax...
This stats for .TOP was not updated there ~1 month... that's why so huge numbers are shown today...

•••
•••
•••
.biz is top 7? What happened.

•••
•••
Nothing happened... .biz is within 2-2.2M range for many years...

•••
Lots of weird looking names sold?

•••
picked up chancellor.top today. head of the university, leader of higher education.

•••
Lots of weird looking names sold?
No, there are many good 1 word .biz are available right now...
No any reason to reg "weird looking names" there...

•••
Regarding .TOP
Most of them are Chinese variations... 75% minimum...

•••
I'm just talking in general. I seen few names that are sold for more than $1k.

•••
They were sold by Registry, so-called Premiums...

•••
•••
They were sold by Registry, so-called Premiums...
Some short .TOPs...

Many singular-keywords are also Premiums there (for low $x,xxx)... but their sales are very very rare...

•••
I think this goes to all extension; new and old?

•••
I'm talking about .TOP only...

No any Premiums in traditional gTLDs like .org or .biz

•••
•••
In short (after ~1.5 years since the beginning): some .TOP-aftermarket exists in China only...
Enduser-demand outside CN is ~0.

•••
.top vs Vip. I like VIP most.

•••
It depends on keyword and usage... what is better matching with TLD...
But in both cases enduser-demand is absent. )

•••
•••
I think that potential here is no higher than current demand on .info/.biz

•••
But when all people on Earth will be connected - then, maybe, we will see some higher results...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back