Domain Empire

.Top Gains 422,000 Domain Names In One Day

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
The .Top registry added a mind blowing 422,133 domain registrations in one day according to RegistrarStats.com.

.Top gained 422,133 domain registrations yesterday and now sits at 3,215,489 domain names making it the 6th most registered gTLD.

Only .com, .net, .org, info and .xyz have more registrations.

According to new gTLD stats .TOP has 3,266,487 registered domain names with the domain name registrar Alpnames having 1,116,264 or 34.17% of all .Top registrations followed by Chengdu West Dimension Digital Technology Co., Ltd with 929,253 registrations representing 28.45%.

Source

Most of the registrations in .TOP are from China. There were many people from China approaching me on Facebook and LinkedIn, to buy the .TOP domain name. So, I guess heavy promotional activity contributed to the popularity of the extension!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I had to pick .top, .info and (.biz is better)

•••
.info is safest investment among those... especially in case of German words...

.biz is hard to sell... and it usually sells in 3-figure range...

.top - just for fun as of today...

•••
There are registrations but no sales.
Also, .top is a Chinese extension. People will think twice before they develop on a Chinese-controlled extension. Better yet, they'll stay away.

•••
First there must be registrations, then there can be sales.

Also, there are sales already - although most of them are registry sales, no matter, someone has to start with sales:
https://namebio.com/?s=AM2cjN0QzN

Like other nP members stated already, this wasn't a '1 day add' - that's simply a misunderstanding.

You can find / see (scroll down) the real, almost evenly constant of .top's growth here:
https://namestat.org/top

.top
will blowww all TLDs awayyy

Comes time, comes .top
Why?

Because there is no other TLD which have a more ultimate meaning than the term 'top'.

Seriously, tell me one if you know one!

Last edited:
•••
•••
anyway of knowing if these sales at sedo go thru brokers? I'm not having any luck there myself.

•••
and personally I declined an offer of $200 usd for travelinsurance.top
and a $60 usd offer on fencing.top

and many offers on

bustier.top
corest.top
vneck.top

•••
•••
Afternic rejecting .TOP listings.

No luck with the few I have.

•••
•••
At first I thought maybe @KINGOF.TOP sold his 63 char for more than 1 billion USD and went on a .top registration rampage....

Last edited:
•••
lol, you have to give it to kingof.top He should be .top tld salesman of the year. I appreciate his enthusiasm for the tld, he persuaded me into the .tops I have now.

•••
Such outdates on RegistrarStats.com are happening regularly... so this thread is about nothing and can be easily closed.

Last edited:
•••
This thread is not about nothing - it's about .top and can be easily continued.

•••
KingOf.smoke

As soon as i heard major companies were blocking mail from these spam extensions, i knew they were toast.
I see reg numbers are down to a normal level today. Less than xyz
Maybe the found out we figured out the numbers are to good to be true. It's .tops in spam and leads in false sales. You may not be smoking anything, but i would put a medication review at the .top of your things to do list.
Only +1500 today. Doesnt .top usually run about +25000

http://www.thedomains.com/2016/08/23/according-registrarstats-top-gains-422000-domain-names-one-day/
Troll

Last edited:
•••
KingOf.smoke

As soon as i heard major companies were blocking mail from these spam extensions, i knew they were toast.
I see reg numbers are down to a normal level today. Less than xyz
Maybe the found out we figured out the numbers are to good to be true. It's .tops in spam and leads in false sales. You may not be smoking anything, but i would put a medication review at the .top of your things to do list.
Only +1500 today. Doesnt .top usually run about +25000

http://www.thedomains.com/2016/08/23/according-registrarstats-top-gains-422000-domain-names-one-day/
Troll

I am not concerned, MasterOfYourDomains / smo.king.

Also 1500 @ one day is good, we should not be conditioned from daily high numbers.
But, it will go up again (I am 100 % sure) - just visit www.namestat.org tomorrow or the day after tomorrow or the day after the day after tomorrow to see.

.top will be top.

So you can stop smoking* against me ;)

*trolling

Last edited:
•••
•••
But when all people on Earth will be connected - then, maybe, we will see some higher results...

this will never happen,
you will always have this 3 billions+ out of the equation

•••
•••
Really ?? Did tghey give any reason ?

with a not supported TLD, you can not go beyond that, as the domain is not eligible for listing.

I just had to abandon other attempts.
Never contacted support on the issue. I think i should find out what reason they have to offer.

•••
Tons of them are listed on Sedo and already dropped...
So relax... zero-effect from those listings...

•••
•••
Because there is no other TLD which have a more ultimate meaning than the term 'top'.

That's precisely why I believe it'll be hard for .top to break through, it's not generic.
'top' alludes to something exceptional when in fact the vast majority of sites will be nowhere close to being 'top'. If you associate 'top' with enough things that are not really top, the word loses it's meaning.
It'll work well for certain specific word/keyword combinations but will definitely clash with most regular names, especially brandables.

•••
That's precisely why I believe it'll be hard for .top to break through, it's not generic.
'top' alludes to something exceptional when in fact the vast majority of sites will be nowhere close to being 'top'. If you associate 'top' with enough things that are not really top, the word loses it's meaning.
It'll work well for certain specific word/keyword combinations but will definitely clash with most regular names, especially brandables.
I completely understand what you mean - but from a psychologic view this is not crucial.
It is already 'the wish to stay on top (with the own goods / products / services)', which makes this TLD desirable for more and more endusers.
Also, it's natural in economy, that companies are stating that they are 'the best in their field' - so it works with every name / brandable.

•••
I'm not totally convinced, yet. I've been wrong before, and maybe it works in different languages, but in English, .top doesn't really work that well.

Keyword.top doesn't translate as well as topkeyword(s).com. Plus, com is more widely known and has longevity as a whole compared to any other tld. There's a reason it's referred to as "king".

Just my opinion...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back