Payoneer

Toby Clements (DTrader) is back and he says...

Discussion in 'Warnings and Alerts' started by Addison, Jan 10, 2017.

Replies:
Views:

1. Addison

Addison Established Member

The parts I found most interesting:

DNW: Were all of the people that you owed money to eventually paid? Did you pay them or did your brother?

Toby Clements: Unfortunately, due to slowing sales and some personal issues, my company took on more debt than I could afford, and I ended up making some bad business decisions.

While not everyone has been fully paid back yet, the vast majority have been made whole. As of today, I have repaid over 80% of my company’s debt. I expect that number to be at 100% by Q2 of this year, and will do everything in my power to make sure that deadline is met.

DNW: Why should people trust you after what happened last time?

Toby Clements: 100% of all transactions moving forward will be handled through escrow (Escrow.com, Payoneer.com, etc.).

In line with this “fresh start”, I will be retiring my previous brand, TobyClements.com, and will relaunch the newsletter at DTrader.com

Ammar Kubba, a long-time friend of mine, has agreed to come on as an investor and advisor, providing guidance on the business, marketing, and strategy of DTrader.

I’ll be at NamesCon later this month​

Full article...

Is Toby Clements In The Domain Business Again? Yes, and I doubt he ever left. His brother, David Clements, could have been his proxy.

IMO, he should have waited until he paid back 100% of his debt to domainers before coming back.

What do you think?

The opinions expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Top Member VIP

People don't forget. New to the domain business might bite.
    Now back with known some "good" people behind him.

It's ok to come back for a second chance, but do the same business. I don't know.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  3. dmbroker

dmbroker NamePros Supporter NamePros Supporter

he(or his brother) paid me back in full.

4. creataweb

creataweb Top Member VIP

5. briguy

briguy Top Member VIP

First I ever heard of him, so my opinion doesn't really count but when I read it and your posting...my thoughts were..he is "testing the waters".

6. internext

internext Got Internet? VIP

Not a chance in hell.... a leopard can't change its spots

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  7. Addison

Addison Established Member

IMO, he's doing the same thing that got him in trouble the first time and that worries me.

He's still spending domainers' money to go to NamesCon. :greedy:

Every dollar he spends is someone else's money (stolen) until everyone is paid back. He must spend every dollar judicially right now. Wait until NamesCon 2018 when everyone is 100% paid back, IMO.

I'd merely eat Ramen noodles, drink tap water, shower less, sell my car, walk everywhere I needed to go, and anything else I could to save money and pay everyone back, but that's me. :stinkyfeet:

8. elevator

elevator Member VIP

He who messed up the atmosphere and disappeared soon forgets; but he who inhaled the mess can not forget so soon.
    You are still owing some people money and you still want to continue your shady biz - IMO.
    Sorry!

Adam Dicker will soon come back as well.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!