Dynadot

tips Tips on How to Hand Register Good Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
Any experienced veteran domainer will tell you that it’s best to buy a better quality domain name on the aftermarket or on the drops than to hand register a lot of subpar and useless domains and I tend to agree with this considering that by buying domains on the aftermarket and on the drops you are actually tapping into the creativity and brain power of many people that have dabbled in to domains before you instead of just relying on your own perhaps limited knowledge and abilities to think of good domains.

But if you are going to hand register domains anyway at least you might want to sharpen your skills so perhaps you won’t just waste your money on collecting a lot of low quality and useless domains.

There are some websites that can help you come up with new domain ideas and perhaps those who have had good results with them can mention some of them in this thread, but it might take a little longer for automated websites to really understand every aspect of what they are suggesting, maybe in the near future AI can help us find some good domains, but until then I think that it might be best to rely on our own intuition and research to come up with some good domains or at least learn how to pick the gems in a long list of automatically generated domain suggestions.

Since most good domains are already taken it might be best to concentrate your efforts on new trends where there might still be some good opportunities left to find a nice domain, I personally like new technology trends and have noticed that a lot of good domains that were registered many years ago are becoming available again because the original registrants didn’t have the patience to wait for these new technologies to mature or that they just couldn’t bear the renewal charges and let their domains drop too soon, of course any domain that is worth its while is going to be grabbed by the bigger companies and those who have more resources available to them, but there might still be some good domains that fall through the cracks and don’t get noticed by anyone.

Another area of interest might be brandable domains in which you have to come up with a made up word or a variation or play on an existing word that can stand out amongst the thousands of other possibilities that are out there. There are a few threads about brandable domains that you might want to read first before getting involved in this category of hand registered domains.

As far as new trends go pick a popular keyword in a certain field which we can call the Root or Base, or Key element in your domain and then try to add words that complement it in the front of it or after it in order to come up with some RootElement+Word or Word+RootElement ideas for your domain (keep in mind that RootElement can be in the form of abbreviations like EV for electric vehicle and Word can be Noun, Verb, and Adjective or some of the more popular suffixes or prefixes in some cases) you shouldn’t be discouraged by the fact that many of your ideas might already be taken, after all if it was a good enough idea that occurred to you then you can bet that other people have also thought of it too, but if you check 20, 30, or 50 (or even 100) combinations eventually you might come across one that has fallen through the cracks and that has gone unnoticed by others.

When hand registering domain names its important not to go overboard and end up with too many domains that are hard to manage, ideally you might want to keep your portfolio very small and work on upgrading its quality by letting some of the lesser quality domains to drop and replacing them with better domains, but keep the size of you portfolio the same, because if you let it get too big then it will become very frustrating to sort it out and keep up with renewals.

Also don’t go too deep into a category that is only going to make sense to a small group of people, some technical terms even though might make sense to you in your field of expertise, but it might not make that much sense to the general public, so try to register domains that the average person can understand and appreciate.

When doing research to see if a domain is available be aware that there are a lot of prying eyes out there, some registrars and registries even give out the lists of domain and whois look ups and if you don’t register a domain name quickly someone might grab it before you have a chance to think about it or come up with the money to register it. This has been a problem in the domain Industry for a long time now and as unfair as it is for others to wrongly take advantage of your research (which amounts to insider trading), but apparently it continues to go in to this day.

Also don’t just give a Like for new hand registered domains just to please others, because you are not doing anyone a favor if you are not honest about the quality of their domains, and by liking the less quality domains you might be encouraging some to go down the wrong path and keep registering more useless domains.

If you have any tips concerning hand registering domains please feel welcomed to share it here, but keep in mind that this is not about whether hand registering domains is a good idea or not, this is more about teaching those who are wasting their money on low quality domains to be able to find better domains to hand register if they are going to do it anyway.

Thread Rules:

Everyone’s opinions, tips, and analysis are welcomed, but keep your comments constructive, professional, and on topic. Personal attacks and belittling of others are not tolerated. If your domaining model and strategy don't agree with hand registering domains and that you don’t believe that anyone should be hand registering domains then this thread is not for you, this is to help those who already are going to hand register domains by teaching them how to come up with better ideas so that they won’t end up wasting their money on a lot of low quality and useless domains. Also If you provide any stats or info concerning domains or anything else that pertains to this thread be sure that they are factual and please indicate the source, otherwise if it's just your opinion then put IMO at the end of your post. (In My Opinion)

IMO

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You know whether you're creative or not

I believe that you can train your brain to become more creative, thinking about finding good domains can be a good exercise for your brain which can help create more synapses and connections over time and in my case as an Oldtimer it might help delay or prevent memory loss.

IMO

•••
Beware...this week I crossed over to the darker side. From being a budget limited hand regger I bought some domains on the drop.

It was just as satisfying to be honest. I enjoyed the thrill of racing to get them registered before someone beat me to it. I guess my future in domain name investing will be a little of both sides of the coin...in moderation of course.

I try to keep up to date with world news and the like and I am aware of technological advances even if I don't know what they are or how to spell them.

This is how one of my hand regging adventures began. I saw an article about how classic blue interiors were set to become even more popular than they are now. I checked to see whether there were any available domain names for classic blue in dot.com or dot.blue but nothing was available. I then tried using the keywords 'sky' and a combination of varying forms of 'blue'.

Still nothing, so I was about to give up but then the clever little algo robot suggested "Sky.Builders". I loved the name immediately and hand regged it for less than $12. I also have it hyphenated in dot.com for good measure.

It also made it to the top of my guesstimated appraisal valuation top 10 and still means that 7 out of my top 10 are not dot.coms.

The appraised GD value was $3550.

I know..I know..I need to start selling a few to back up my adventures with statistical.facts.com.

Enjoy your journey.
So you're a BiDomainer now. I'm afraid if I go to an auction I may never come back. You're obviously a pretty creative guy. I saw that classic blue was the new color for 2020, and was thinking about regging something classic blue, but I never got around to it. It's fun to hear stories like yours. Like you, I get ideas everywhere I go. I was driving behind a car whose vanity tag read umm2021, and that somehow translated to Yum21.com followed by YumNames.com, YumDesert(s).com and a small portfolio of "Yum" domains....yummy and funny go well together, but I couldn't get anything there to work. Are we having fun yet:xf.eek:

•••
Beware...this week I crossed over to the darker side. From being a budget limited hand regger I bought some domains on the drop.

It was just as satisfying to be honest. I enjoyed the thrill of racing to get them registered before someone beat me to it. I guess my future in domain name investing will be a little of both sides of the coin...in moderation of course.

I try to keep up to date with world news and the like and I am aware of technological advances even if I don't know what they are or how to spell them.

This is how one of my hand regging adventures began. I saw an article about how classic blue interiors were set to become even more popular than they are now. I checked to see whether there were any available domain names for classic blue in dot.com or dot.blue but nothing was available. I then tried using the keywords 'sky' and a combination of varying forms of 'blue'.

Still nothing, so I was about to give up but then the clever little algo robot suggested "Sky.Builders". I loved the name immediately and hand regged it for less than $12. I also have it hyphenated in dot.com for good measure.

It also made it to the top of my guesstimated appraisal valuation top 10 and still means that 7 out of my top 10 are not dot.coms.

The appraised GD value was $3550.

I know..I know..I need to start selling a few to back up my adventures with statistical.facts.com.

Enjoy your journey.

now go and build the sky

•••
So you're a BiDomainer now. I'm afraid if I go to an auction I may never come back. You're obviously a pretty creative guy. I saw that classic blue was the new color for 2020, and was thinking about regging something classic blue, but I never got around to it. It's fun to hear stories like yours. Like you, I get ideas everywhere I go. I was driving behind a car whose vanity tag read umm2021, and that somehow translated to Yum21.com followed by YumNames.com, YumDesert(s).com and a small portfolio of "Yum" domains....yummy and funny go well together, but I couldn't get anything there to work. Are we having fun yet:xf.eek:

There is no algorithm on this planet, nor indeed the guys and gals from The Big Bang Theory who can predict the best way to be a domain name investor. We are all different and the things that we do are different. At different time in my life I will probably not take on any more domain names and at other times, when funds allow I will probably buy less but better quality. I will also always hand reg as I just have a feeling which I can't explain that the future is changing right before our eyes. In less than a year, Bitcoin has pretty much halved in value. Great if you want to buy it now and have six grand lying around, but not so good if you bought it at 12 grand. I try to keep away myself.

If I go Horse Racing (I never win BTW...they have 4 legs) I could bet on six races and lose every one. The money that I bet with is gone forever. However, domain name investing lets me dream my little dreams and I do get mad sometimes when some (not all) domainers try to burst my little.bubble. OK, have an opinion and offer me guidance, but if you don't know me or my situation, pat me on the back and wish me well.

I have the pioneering spirit within me and I will keep on until I have enough little wins to say...yeah, done that, moving on now.

Onwards.and-upwards.com.ngtld

•••
now go and build the sky

Thank you for your encouragement. It's a good place to start.

Build the sky and maybe the stars and the moon will come too.

•••
•••
Seems the site is still under development?

•••
There is no algorithm on this planet, nor indeed the guys and gals from The Big Bang Theory who can predict the best way to be a domain name investor. We are all different and the things that we do are different. At different time in my life I will probably not take on any more domain names and at other times, when funds allow I will probably buy less but better quality. I will also always hand reg as I just have a feeling which I can't explain that the future is changing right before our eyes. In less than a year, Bitcoin has pretty much halved in value. Great if you want to buy it now and have six grand lying around, but not so good if you bought it at 12 grand. I try to keep away myself.

If I go Horse Racing (I never win BTW...they have 4 legs) I could bet on six races and lose every one. The money that I bet with is gone forever. However, domain name investing lets me dream my little dreams and I do get mad sometimes when some (not all) domainers try to burst my little.bubble. OK, have an opinion and offer me guidance, but if you don't know me or my situation, pat me on the back and wish me well.

I have the pioneering spirit within me and I will keep on until I have enough little wins to say...yeah, done that, moving on now.

Onwards.and-upwards.com.ngtld
Thanks again Reddstagg....we do think a lot alike at least in the way we create domains. You've probably noticed where I've been on a mission to create a portfolio of two word domains, first word "Epik". Why Epik? https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=epik is why:xf.wink: Some might say... why that's just the "Urban Dictionary", but when you read this as the definition; "When something is so incredibly unbelievably unforgettable that words fail you, that is epik." It's basicially something fuking awesome." Regardless of what anyone says, that's one powerful description of for "anything". I've recently created about 40 two word domains that use "Epik" as the first word with practically "anything" being the second word. Actually "anything" is a misnomer since my second words generally describe multi billion dollar industries like like EpikMortgage, EpikMedical and EpikMotors. Just as an aside, after seeing your Sky.blue domain I went to reg EpikBlue.com only to realize it leads to a great site for Epik.blue. Not finished with your lead for Sky.blue, I checked to see if EpikSky.com is available. It is, and I may reg it later if it's still available and I'm pretty sure it will be.

Finally, it turns out that "Epik" has also led me to hand reg some one word brandables like EpiKiss.com and Epikin that I think are pretty cool:xf.cool:, but what do I know....not much according to my critics:xf.rolleyes: Have an Epic EpikDay(y)

•••
Thanks again Reddstagg....we do think a lot alike at least in the way we create domains. You've probably noticed where I've been on a mission to create a portfolio of two word domains, first word "Epik". Why Epik? https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=epik is why:xf.wink: Some might say... why that's just the "Urban Dictionary", but when you read this as the definition; "When something is so incredibly unbelievably unforgettable that words fail you, that is epik." It's basicially something fuking awesome." Regardless of what anyone says, that's one powerful description of for "anything". I've recently created about 40 two word domains that use "Epik" as the first word with practically "anything" being the second word. Actually "anything" is a misnomer since my second words generally describe multi billion dollar industries like like EpikMortgage, EpikMedical and EpikMotors. Just as an aside, after seeing your Sky.blue domain I went to reg EpikBlue.com only to realize it leads to a great site for Epik.blue. Not finished with your lead for Sky.blue, I checked to see if EpikSky.com is available. It is, and I may reg it later if it's still available and I'm pretty sure it will be.

Finally, it turns out that "Epik" has also led me to hand reg some one word brandables like EpiKiss.com and Epikin that I think are pretty cool:xf.cool:, but what do I know....not much according to my critics:xf.rolleyes: Have an Epic EpikDay(y)

Thanks again,

All I would say is to be Epikly careful with some of your domain names and to be not less than 100% sure there is no TM issues, especially considering there is such a major league player in this arena, namely Epik.

Don't poke the sleeping Epik Monster as it might just bite you.

I am not a lawyer or a TM expert but I would be cautious with your quest. Maybe you could reach out to NP Members who have more experience.

Never gamble with what you cannot afford to lose.

•••
Thanks again,

All I would say is to be Epikly careful with some of your domain names and to be not less than 100% sure there is no TM issues, especially considering there is such a major league player in this arena, namely Epik.

Don't poke the sleeping Epik Monster as it might just bite you.

I am not a lawyer or a TM expert but I would be cautious with your quest. Maybe you could reach out to NP Members who have more experience.

Never gamble with what you cannot afford to lose.
Thanks for the advice...just to let you know I never do anything in "Bad Faith", and if you go to USPTO and check "live" and "dead" TM's, I think I'm OK with most of my reg's. The one thing I do know is if I ask 10 different lawyers I'll most likely get 10 different answers:xf.wink: Also, I trust the Monster to understand the mutual benefit I'm creating, thus all the Epik domains are registered in the Monsters home. Make sense?....I hope and pray so:xf.smile:

•••
'Shoot the Moon', 'Poke the Sleep', and now 'Build the Sky' - Nice ones - b.t.w what's epikiss?

•••
'Shoot the Moon', 'Poke the Sleep', and now 'Build the Sky' - Nice ones - b.t.w what's epikiss?
EpiKiss
Epikiss 1.jpeg

•••
I trust the Monster to understand the mutual benefit I'm creating, thus all the Epik domains are registered in the Monsters home. Make sense?....I hope and pray so:xf.smile:

Have you reached out to @Rob Monster to see how he feels about this.

At first glance this might look like as if you are diluting the Epik brand,

Although it might be legal for you to register and promote these domains, but you also have to consider if it is ethical for you to do this as one domainer to another, after all @Rob Monster is an Oldtimer here and a domainer at heart even though he might be operating at a much higher level now.

Finally there has to be some honor amongst pirates and you have to also consider what others think of what you are doing here, as I said you might legally have the right to do this, but you also have to consider whether it's ethical to do so or not.

This is not meant to be legal advice in either way, but just to point out a few things that has come to mind.

IMO

PS: I don't want this thread to be dominated by this subject, but because you are hand registering these domains, perhaps exploring this situation could benefit others as to what the right thing is to do in cases like this. I also don't want this situation to end up in hostility and attacks towards anyone, so as required by the thread rules all interactions and comments must be kept on the constructive and professional side, everyone can express their opinion as long as they don't use foul language (not even as a joke or casual expression) and keep things on the friendly and respectful side.

•••
Any experienced veteran domainer will tell you that it’s best to buy a better quality domain name on the aftermarket or on the drops than to hand register a lot of subpar and useless domains and I tend to agree with this considering that by buying domains on the aftermarket and on the drops you are actually tapping into the creativity and brain power of many people that have dabbled in to domains before you instead of just relying on your own perhaps limited knowledge and abilities to think of good domains.

But if you are going to hand register domains anyway at least you might want to sharpen your skills so perhaps you won’t just waste your money on collecting a lot of low quality and useless domains.

There are some websites that can help you come up with new domain ideas and perhaps those who have had good results with them can mention some of them in this thread, but it might take a little longer for automated websites to really understand every aspect of what they are suggesting, maybe in the near future AI can help us find some good domains, but until then I think that it might be best to rely on our own intuition and research to come up with some good domains or at least learn how to pick the gems in a long list of automatically generated domain suggestions.

Since most good domains are already taken it might be best to concentrate your efforts on new trends where there might still be some good opportunities left to find a nice domain, I personally like new technology trends and have noticed that a lot of good domains that were registered many years ago are becoming available again because the original registrants didn’t have the patience to wait for these new technologies to mature or that they just couldn’t bear the renewal charges and let their domains drop too soon, of course any domain that is worth its while is going to be grabbed by the bigger companies and those who have more resources available to them, but there might still be some good domains that fall through the cracks and don’t get noticed by anyone.

Another area of interest might be brandable domains in which you have to come up with a made up word or a variation or play on an existing word that can stand out amongst the thousands of other possibilities that are out there. There are a few threads about brandable domains that you might want to read first before getting involved in this category of hand registered domains.

As far as new trends go pick a popular keyword in a certain field which we can call the Root or Base, or Key element in your domain and then try to add words that complement it in the front of it or after it in order to come up with some RootElement+Word or Word+RootElement ideas for your domain (keep in mind that RootElement can be in the form of abbreviations like EV for electric vehicle and Word can be Noun, Verb, and Adjective or some of the more popular suffixes or prefixes in some cases) you shouldn’t be discouraged by the fact that many of your ideas might already be taken, after all if it was a good enough idea that occurred to you then you can bet that other people have also thought of it too, but if you check 20, 30, or 50 (or even 100) combinations eventually you might come across one that has fallen through the cracks and that has gone unnoticed by others.

When hand registering domain names its important not to go overboard and end up with too many domains that are hard to manage, ideally you might want to keep your portfolio very small and work on upgrading its quality by letting some of the lesser quality domains to drop and replacing them with better domains, but keep the size of you portfolio the same, because if you let it get too big then it will become very frustrating to sort it out and keep up with renewals.

Also don’t go too deep into a category that is only going to make sense to a small group of people, some technical terms even though might make sense to you in your field of expertise, but it might not make that much sense to the general public, so try to register domains that the average person can understand and appreciate.

When doing research to see if a domain is available be aware that there are a lot of prying eyes out there, some registrars and registries even give out the lists of domain and whois look ups and if you don’t register a domain name quickly someone might grab it before you have a chance to think about it or come up with the money to register it. This has been a problem in the domain Industry for a long time now and as unfair as it is for others to wrongly take advantage of your research (which amounts to insider trading), but apparently it continues to go in to this day.

Also don’t just give a Like for new hand registered domains just to please others, because you are not doing anyone a favor if you are not honest about the quality of their domains, and by liking the less quality domains you might be encouraging some to go down the wrong path and keep registering more useless domains.

If you have any tips concerning hand registering domains please feel welcomed to share it here, but keep in mind that this is not about whether hand registering domains is a good idea or not, this is more about teaching those who are wasting their money on low quality domains to be able to find better domains to hand register if they are going to do it anyway.

Thread Rules:

Everyone’s opinions, tips, and analysis are welcomed, but keep your comments constructive, professional, and on topic. Personal attacks and belittling of others are not tolerated. If your domaining model and strategy don't agree with hand registering domains and that you don’t believe that anyone should be hand registering domains then this thread is not for you, this is to help those who already are going to hand register domains by teaching them how to come up with better ideas so that they won’t end up wasting their money on a lot of low quality and useless domains. Also If you provide any stats or info concerning domains or anything else that pertains to this thread be sure that they are factual and please indicate the source, otherwise if it's just your opinion then put IMO at the end of your post. (In My Opinion)

IMO
Thanks for sharing your opinion, some nice points there.

•••
Have you reached out to @Rob Monster to see how he feels about this.

At first glance this might look like as if you are diluting the Epik brand,

Although it might be legal for you to register and promote these domains, but you also have to consider if it is ethical for you to do this as one domainer to another, after all @Rob Monster is an Oldtimer here and a domainer at heart even though he might be operating at a much higher level now.

Finally there has to be some honor amongst pirates and you have to also consider what others think of what you are doing here, as I said you might legally have the right to do this, but you also have to consider whether it's ethical to do so or not.

This is not meant to be legal advice in either way, but just to point out a few things that has come to mind.

IMO

PS: I don't want this thread to be dominated by this subject, but because you are hand registering these domains, perhaps exploring this situation could benefit others as to what the right thing is to do in cases like this. I also don't want this situation to end up in hostility and attacks towards anyone, so as required by the thread rules all interactions and comments must be kept on the constructive and professional side, everyone can express their opinion as long as they don't use foul language (not even as a joke or casual expression) and keep things on the friendly and respectful side.
OLDTIMER....in all due respect I've been attacked ever since I arrived here two years ago. You may recall me saying that Rob Monster greeted me with open arms when I first learned about this industry. While we don't agree on everything, we are both brothers in Christ meaning if we've sinned and acknowledge it, we will be forgiven. I've been hoping to partner with Rob in some capacity since we are brothers, but unfortunately that hasn't happened.

Like Beauty being in the eyes of the beholder, Ethics is the same so much so that I even own the domain DomainEthics.com. I've been falsely accused of being a cyber squatter here on NP, a narcissist, a liar, and I'm none of these things.

oldtimer...i feel that you've made a judgment call about me too, and that's sad:xf.frown:

•••
oldtimer...i feel that you've made a judgment call about me too, and that's sad:xf.frown:

I have not passed a judgment about this either way at least not yet, I only replied to your comment:

"I trust the Monster to understand the mutual benefit I'm creating, thus all the Epik domains are registered in the Monsters home. Make sense?....I hope and pray so"

It seemed to me that you were a little worried about what Rob might be feeling about this and I was wondering if you had reached out to him to find out.

This is a tricky situation where it might not be very clear as to whether you are doing anything wrong or not, but if Rob doesn't feel good about this, then you might want to reconsider what you are doing as a professional courtesy to another fellow domainer (Rob) who seems to share the same Christian ideals as you.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
My top tips for handregging:

1. Studying domain sales thoroughly and making decisions mainly based on that.
2. Using popular prefixes and suffixes to create new words, if you're into brandables.
3. Taking advantage of discounts whenever possible. This was easier in the past with absolutely insane deals that allowed mass registrations for as low as $1-$2, but occasionally you can still find decent deals.

As for Urban Dictionary- it's a crowdsourcing site with little oversight that's meant mainly for entertainment purposes. Anyone can submit a definition, anyone can vote, and suggested definitions are often accepted whether the term exists or not, as long as the submitter follows the guidelines of submissions. There are a lot of definitions there that people made up that no one ever used or will use. So unlike a proper dictionary, when seeing a definition there- it can belong to a teenager who was bored one day and felt like inventing something. Quoting from Urban Dictionary's terms of service:

"The Company does not and cannot review all Content published to the Website or created by users accessing the Website, and is not in any manner responsible for the content of any Content or the activities of any such users."

So basing any domaining related decisions on Urban Dictionary should be done with caution.

Last edited:
•••
btw Krish....BrandProdigy.com is that you? I'm guessing it is, and ironically this am I was looking to start another portfolio using "Prodigy" as the second word. Initially I was looking to register WordProdigy (which i did) to go with Wordvest and Wordinvestigator, and when I checked to see if BrandProdigy.com was available....it wasn't so I moved on. btw, great name for your marketplace Krish and I wish you all the best(y)

•••
I have not passed a judgment about this either way at least not yet, I only replied to your comment:

"I trust the Monster to understand the mutual benefit I'm creating, thus all the Epik domains are registered in the Monsters home. Make sense?....I hope and pray so"

It seemed to me that you were a little worried about what Rob might be feeling about this and I was wondering if you had reached out to him to find out.

This is a tricky situation where it might not be very clear as to whether you are doing anything wrong or not, but if Rob doesn't feel good about this, then you might want to reconsider what you are doing as a professional courtesy to another fellow domainer (Rob) who seems to share the same Christian ideals as you.

IMO
You were right Oldtimer....i should have checked with Rob first, but now that I have, he said something about imitation and flattery to which I assured him, he's a gentleman and a scholar and a domainer:xf.wink: Seriously, thanks for the push!

•••
Got another beaut...

was looking for an "easy.life" (already taken by some lucky person) and the kindly robot suggested an alternative, which now makes it into my top 10 of guesstimated appraised values. Incidentally, there are now only 2 dot.coms in my top 10.

I now own:

www. Easy.Photos

Say dot.cheese

•••
•••
If you are talking about .COM, the extension has been around for 30+ years and has 140M+ registrations.

The quality hand registrations are slim pickings.

I am not saying you can't turn a profit, but it requires an extremely sharp eye and/or good business model.

Brad

•••
If you are talking about .COM, the extension has been around for 30+ years and has 140M+ registrations.

The quality hand registrations are slim pickings.

I am not saying you can't turn a profit, but it requires an extremely sharp eye and/or good business model.

Brad
Brad...i know i'm not your favorite person, but I thought you might enjoy this story. You may or may not recall I had purchased the domain StealthLegal.com last June, and you actually commeted complimented me on it. Just a few minutes ago, a lawyer Sandy Schwartz of NYC who I do business with confirmed he's sending me his 1099S to process for his firm for the year 2019. That's when I happened to notice his firms logo;

I told him of course StealthLegal.com isn't nearly as cool as Schwartz Levine, but he may want to talk to me about it. This just happened a few minutes ago, and I thought I would share the story that involves hand registering two-word domains Enjoy!

•••
btw Krish....BrandProdigy.com is that you? I'm guessing it is, and ironically this am I was looking to start another portfolio using "Prodigy" as the second word. Initially I was looking to register WordProdigy (which i did) to go with Wordvest and Wordinvestigator, and when I checked to see if BrandProdigy.com was available....it wasn't so I moved on. btw, great name for your marketplace Krish and I wish you all the best(y)

Yes, I regged that name, and did the site myself a year ago, still refining it. Time is the constraint, due to my 10hrs factory work, I'm aiming to provide some real value to the entrepreneurs (end users) since I am on multiple startup groups, and also to make some small but consistent income, since I am not good at one-off/speculation businesses. Thanks... @ThatNameGuy

•••
Yes, I regged that name, and did the site myself a year ago, still refining it. Time is the constraint, due to my 10hrs factory work, I'm aiming to provide some real value to the entrepreneurs (end users) since I am on multiple startup groups, and also to make some small but consistent income, since I am not good at one-off/speculation businesses. Thanks... @ThatNameGuy
While I'm not sure, i think the "small but consistent income" you're talking about might be made by leasing/renting domains. I just hand reg'd StealthTire.com singular and plural, and I find it hard to believe it's never been reg'd:xf.rolleyes: With the definition of "stealth" being what it is and as large as the tire industry is, I would think any tire company worth it's salt would luv to own Stealth Tire or Stealth Tires. If I've learned one thing since I arrived on the domain scene, to just sit and hope someone finds my domain is truly absurd.

I did register one more domain this evening, and this is a fun one. It's Jeopar.com
I regg'd this while watching the prime time game show Jeopardy. What's a Jeopar? Well it's a Jeopardy contestant of course:xf.wink:. With over 8,000 episodes aired I figure there have been 24,000 contestants from the US and Canada since 1970. I figured it's about time these contestants have a name they can call themselves, and they do now...they're Jeopar's(y) Actually, I wasn't the first one to think of it for it had been registered 6 of the last 12 years, and it was just dropped in November.

That's enough of my domain pontification...Good Luck!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back