IT.COM

Time to invest .xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
After google decision is it worth investing in xyz extension? Will it's value increase?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've got a few one word XYZs. Hoping to get one of those $xxx offers myself.

Several I'm holding were won at auction during the launch of .xyz therefore these low ball figures don't even break even. It's early, I don't mind holding on. And who knows maybe another large company might get onboard with .xyz.

•••
.xyz is a good extension for Chinese I think, no vowels

•••
Over 13,000 new domains have dropped in the last 2 days and over 12,000 of those dropped in less than 24 hours. The only extension around a year old that could have that many drop is .xyz safe to assume the majority of those drops is in fact .xyz so renewal time is not going to be too good for them as many of us on here had thought.

•••
where did you get that info? visit ntldstats.com or registrarstats.com they have good stats about new tlds and actually xyz is recovering

•••
Not mine but a good sale.

Sedo - Paul.xyz $1,999

I also just checked 8.xyz Domainfest Asia auction, it's currently at 71000 Yaun with one day left. If I converted this right thats $11,132.19 U.S..

Last edited:
•••
8.GIF

I'm thinking the auction has ended but I could be wrong so this could go higher.

8.XYZ @ DomainFest Asia currently at 339,888 yuan.

$53,214.35 please correct me if I'm wrong. If not this is the highest reported public .XYZ sale, if in fact the auction has ended.

Regardless congrats .XYZ!

https://www.4.cn/auction/new-event/tag/69

•••
I'm thinking the auction has ended but I could be wrong so this could go higher.

8.XYZ @ DomainFest Asia currently at 339,888 yuan.

$53,214.35 please correct me if I'm wrong. If not this is the highest reported public .XYZ sale, if in fact the auction has ended.

Regardless congrats .XYZ!

https://www.4.cn/auction/new-event/tag/69

Yeah, the number 8 will always sell for a good price, it doesn't matter what extension it is. The sale is about the number, not the extension

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbers_in_Chinese_culture

You only have to look at past sales to see that

358.com 480,000 USD
800.com 250,000 USD
88888.com 245,000 USD
880.com 188,889 USD
248.com 175,000 USD
458.com 140,000 USD
w8.com 140,000 USD
8788.com 106,000 USD
84.net 100,000 USD
8008.com 58,889 USD
8808.com 51,111 USD
f88.com 39,000 USD
s88.com 35,000 USD
9888.com 26,258 USD
848.com 24,000 USD
888.ca 20,000 USD
8988.com 16,300 USD
888.be 16,200 USD

•••
Wow I'm waiting for the movie! :xf.grin:

In the 80s and 90s, how many people thought it was ridiculous buy a ..com ?.....is not about to remove an extension it's about what always happens in any market, any company and / or product not have a monopoly forever, and the dot .com today is in the limit of its capacity to offer good options.

There is no product that survive without demand, the problem is that demand is higher than the .com can offer, and if you can offer, then the value is simply too high, so it is normal of .com owners not want to share a piece of cake and even less if it is possible competitors ( any new extension today is a .com competitors )

Today .xyz is guilty of going for the head of dragon, something that was going to happen sooner or later, then it is time to invest in .xyz ? - Yes!...it is time to develop ? - always has been. it's time to sell..- NO.

•••
8.xyz was sold for 81,741 USD apparently to a Chinese buyer

•••
There is much interest in .xyz domains.

I received so many offer page views to my premium .xyz domains at Sedo.
Though I set minimum offers of $5k and $10k, far too costly for most resellers xD.
So I'm prepared to wait for a few years.

•••

Though I set minimum offers of $5k and $10k, far too costly for most resellers xD.

What names do you own?

•••

XYZ registrations are dropping like flies. So what are your premium xyz domains?
Is it possible that you have so many views because people cant believe what sort of prices you are asking?

•••
xyz regs are dropping, but time is running out. IMO now is the best time to take advantage of that by picking whatever good hack, typo, generic word you can. So far I have picked up 6 really good single word xyz's that I think in a couple of years will be worth something, all the other main extensions, .com, .net, etc are taken by large corporations.

It is getting harder and harder to come by these xyz's. I think people should be taking more advantage of this extension now, you have like nothing to lose. I already registered 3 of these 6 domains for a good 5 years each, they are that good imo. I'm not going to flip them for a few dollars, gonna hold out as long as possible.

.COM is king, but as someone mentioned earlier, they are all taken. Sure you can put down more money to buy the dot com you want and sit on it, or sit by and wait for something new to come where you can go register it, but it's easier to just invest in xyz now because I think in the end they will replace .net. In my eyes .net has always been #2 and I think xyz has the potential to take that away, hell maybe even compete with .com

Last edited:
•••
XYZ registrations are dropping like flies. So what are your premium xyz domains?
Is it possible that you have so many views because people cant believe what sort of prices you are asking?

actually this is not correct, please visit registrarstats.com or namestat.org they have stats about XYZ registrations and they are recovering from the expected initial fall, specifically I think from the abc.xyz initial news, the registations are growing again.

•••
Hmm seems like the exact same rhetoric in the heydays of mobi!

The only reason its hyped is one word - google

If they never got involved it would be just like any other new extension plain and simple

If u intend to hold xyz for long u will miss the profits if any which is now so sell them early!

•••
Hmm seems like the exact same rhetoric in the heydays of mobi!

The only reason its hyped is one word - google

If they never got involved it would be just like any other new extension plain and simple

If u intend to hold xyz for long u will miss the profits if any which is now so sell them early!

miss the profits - I ask myself what that means?

•••
I registered 600 .xyz names after the google news. I sold 4 names and almost covered my registration cost of the 600+ names. I can't expect this type of profit from any other new tlds or even from .com names or from any other business.

I registered .com names and kept with me for more than 10 years, and never received any queries for most of the names. I understood, no meaning to keep the names with me forever as I am not the end user. I dropped most of the names and started to register ngtld names. Now I think, I took good decision.

.com is King. No doubt. But how many companies can register a particular name? Only 1 company. But thousands of other companies in the world are doing the same business and waiting to drop the .com domain!. They should have to find other tlds like .net, org, .info...etc or new gtlds for their current use. Also they can use "comapny name + location + ownername+.. .com", as most of the companies use now.

For example, I own pharma.xyz. I searched for "pharma companies" in the world, found thousands, ten thousands companies....most of the companies with meaningless domain names. (sunlightandsoundpharma.com, evergreenmoneypharma.com?....). I am sure, pharma.xyz is far better than their current names. What do u think?

I never had interest on .gtld names before, after reading some forum posts/advise (especially from Mr. Chad. -Thank you Sir for your advise-), I started registering .gtld names from January 2015. I already got offers, but rejected and keeping the names for future. If I don't register .xyz names, who cares? Some other smart domainers will register the names and make money. I am not an end user. I just register and resell, there are lot of buyers for .xyz names. So, Why I have to stay away from .xyz? and blaming others after seeing they register names? I received 6 offers for my .xyz this week only thru dns, 2 of them are end users and we are negotiating with them. I can easily sell the names for $$$ but trying for more. Please note, my cost is only $1.88.

For me, .xyz is the best. Please advise me, if I am wrong.

•••
I hope after 8.xyz sale..we the domainers see some good sale of .xyz
I got only 4 .xyz.. planning to buy some..
I got these names
Invoice.xyz
Designs.xyz
LearningABC.xyz
CloudBrowser.xyz

•••
Hey I'm not saying you won't make $ in xyz I'm saying it won't last like mobi didn't.
I'm sure many domains will sell but imo it won't be long term

Profit now while the hype is high but what do I know I just see it as a trend.

•••
For example, I own pharma.xyz. I searched for "pharma companies" in the world, found thousands, ten thousands companies....most of the companies with meaningless domain names. (sunlightandsoundpharma.com, evergreenmoneypharma.com?....). I am sure, pharma.xyz is far better than their current names. What do u think?

I never had interest on .gtld names before, after reading some forum posts/advise (especially from Mr. Chad. -Thank you Sir for your advise-), I started registering .gtld names from January 2015. I already got offers, but rejected and keeping the names for future. If I don't register .xyz names, who cares? Some other smart domainers will register the names and make money. I am not an end user. I just register and resell, there are lot of buyers for .xyz names. So, Why I have to stay away from .xyz? and blaming others after seeing they register names? I received 6 offers for my .xyz this week only thru dns, 2 of them are end users and we are negotiating with them. I can easily sell the names for $$$ but trying for more. Please note, my cost is only $1.88.

For me, .xyz is the best. Please advise me, if I am wrong.

Well, XYZ is certainly the cheapest, often free to register.
I agree with you that many people/companies ( probably a vast majority) are not happy with their current domain name.

There will be a good market for those companies to have a better brand, but Dot XYZ??? I just cannot take this extension seriously. Google puts up a 2 dollar blank web page on it and people go nuts. Google has purchased names in many different extensions.

What are your 4 XYZ sales? Still, wish you the best of luck and i hope you make a killing.

•••
Well, XYZ is certainly the cheapest, often free to register.
I agree with you that many people/companies ( probably a vast majority) are not happy with their current domain name.

There will be a good market for those companies to have a better brand, but Dot XYZ??? I just cannot take this extension seriously. Google puts up a 2 dollar blank web page on it and people go nuts. Google has purchased names in many different extensions.

What are your 4 XYZ sales? Still, wish you the best of luck and i hope you make a killing.
Its not just about google, its about the meaning of xyz. IMO.

•••
What names do you own?

Inventory (dot) xyz
Invasion (dot) xyz

Popular generic single words worth much more than 8 IMO.
Though number/s (dot) xyz is perhaps more appealing to the Chinese domain market.

Last edited:
•••
I can't reveal the names, which I sold. (numeric domain names to a domain investor).

For me, below are the reasons for the success of .xyz domain names.

1) .xyz is a generic tld, which will suit with any words. It can be use same like .com, .net...etc. (.ooo is also a generic tld, but they kept all good names with them. If I want to register any good name, eg, pharma.ooo, they charge thousands of dollars to register and hundreds to renew). Pharma.xyz is ok, but nobody can think pharma.tyres or pharma.christmas.

2) Chinese like .xyz and as per my knowledge 60% of total registrations by them. ie, big % of world population is in China and they started to use internet and websites.

3) abc.xyz registration by google.
abc.xyz is the main company now and google.com site is under this new company. I believe, Google has big future plans with the name, and they securing abc/alphabet on all other tlds. Note: Only abc.xyz appeared on their official blog and abc.xyz is the official site, all other abc/alphabet.tlds supporting abc.xyz.

4) Marketing by .xyz registry..xyz is the best in marketing, big players like donuts, rightside failed to market their tlds to end users.

•••
•••
Where would be the best place to list my one .xyz (developing)
I been looking at flippa, but have never used it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back