IT.COM

Time to invest .xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
After google decision is it worth investing in xyz extension? Will it's value increase?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Remember the XYZ collision list release in december? That was the last opportunity to invest in great XYZ domains.

It is time to invest way before people decide it is time to invest.

•••
I have some good ones

record /
tap /
wearables /
jeu /
nfc /

•••
I wouldn't invest in .xyz if it was free (which it was at one point and then like $1 to reg) hence how they got over 1 million registered names. Once Alphabet starts rolling out stand alone products and solutions, I'd be surprised if they stuck with .xyz. You'll be seeing Alphabet Car and Alphabet Drones etc searched not abc.xyz hell, they may buy Alphabet.com from BMW or create a .alphabet gtld or just use one of the many gtlds they own who knows. Google has been known to just drop an idea or two with poor performance. I think the restructuring was long planned after the Google Glass debacle and that the .xyz was a very very smart marketing ploy by Negari to get his extension and GTLDs as a whole in front of the masses. It's been done many a times before in this industry. But at ~$9 a piece get yourself a meaningful .com. If you must have a GTLD, I would leave .xyz alone. Go get a .news or something.

•••
abc.xyz is domain Hack - sortoff. And it's just short for alphabet (a-z).
Also, abc.xyz is not service or some kind of app. Just simple info site. So there is wont be any Rush of buisness to.Xyz. Your end users won't visit abc.xyz site, so they wont get used to Xyz tld.

•••
After google descision is it worth investing in xyz extension..will its value increase

Not me. Nope. Google has money to throw in the trash, I dont, most of us dont.

•••
Everyone said the same thing about .CO when ..

Amazon bought A.co
Twitter bought no_url_shorteners
Google bought G.co

Great point.

•••
ABC.XYZ

- Google might bought / registered in the idea of A,B,C to X,Y,Z.. It covers entire Alphabets. Nothing special in .xyz. I don't think .xyz keyword domains sell morethan reg fee :P

IMO.

•••
XYZ is a horrid thing to type, IMO.

Just sayin'.

•••
XYZ is a horrid thing to type, IMO.

Just sayin'.

Agreed, but it involves the same basic movements as typing C-O-M. Quite similar actually.

•••
•••
I do not see any reason for any domainer to rush for .xyz for the sake that Big G just have only one .xyz. They are using the extension for just only one of their investment and it does not have anything to do with Google.com.
I could only be worried to buy or reg xyz if big G change their major search engine extension to BIG G.XYZ if that is the case it could change the whole internet of a thing.
Secondly, I expected them to go for alphabet.xyz or take alphabet.com from the owner.
It does not have any influence on internet game at all. I saw many have hand regs many keyword.xyz and any names that have to do with alphabet because of the big G new invention.
Well all I have.said are IMO. I f anyone has enogh money to tye down such person should go ahead and do so, but I'm very optimistic that in the next ten years there is no any cause for alarm on good .coms.

Cheers.

Last edited:
•••
It's worth buying one REALLY good one if you can find it-we did. It's like a loto ticket because if they do happen to hit you'll be kicking yourself if you didn't buy at least one and there's no telling what Google might do. There's also a reason why a guy like Andrew Rosener from Media Options owns a high grade .xyz.

•••
Well ! I know one can buy it for blogging or for your buziness, but you may not find a buyer for it as a domain and it will cost you lots and lots of money to rank them on big G.ranking list.

•••
Just put X7X.xyz for sale on BIN here lets see if it sells (this isn't the name we ref. to above-had this for a while)

•••
•••
•••
Has anybody thought that they purposely chose the unfamiliar extension (abc.xyz). I believe they are saying - people, do not pay attention to 'Alphabet' or bother going to the website, just look out for our products. Imagine, how much hype Alphabet would have got and taken attention from its products/product websites if they had Alphabet.com site and had content more than a landing page. They have one of the strongest brands and it would be stupid to dilute those. Alphabet is not a brand and will never be a brand. It is just a holding company. It will be just a landing page site just like many companies have offices in Delaware or Ireland. You never call a Delaware or Ireland number. There is a reason why they just chose this particular name abc.xyz becuase it perfectly fits into 'what they are trying to say/convey'.

Think - what else they could have chosen, would it have conveyed the same (funky kind of) meaning?

•••
invest in .xyz is useless

•••
So Google have decided to adopt the .xyz .business model for .domains
Either .it .works or .fails.

•••
I'm assuming all the LLL .xyz domains are gone?

•••
Has anybody thought that they purposely chose the unfamiliar extension (abc.xyz). I believe they are saying - people, do not pay attention to 'Alphabet' or bother going to the website, just look out for our products. Imagine, how much hype Alphabet would have got and taken attention from its products/product websites if they had Alphabet.com site and had content more than a landing page. They have one of the strongest brands and it would be stupid to dilute those. Alphabet is not a brand and will never be a brand. It is just a holding company. It will be just a landing page site just like many companies have offices in Delaware or Ireland. You never call a Delaware or Ireland number. There is a reason why they just chose this particular name abc.xyz becuase it perfectly fits into 'what they are trying to say/convey'.

Think - what else they could have chosen, would it have conveyed the same (funky kind of) meaning?

Whoever owns Alphabet.com is going to do well, I think..

•••
•••
•••
That could be a trade mark worldwar or a titanic battle between the two giants.

Already the BMW is checking if it contradicts their trade mark but according to information there are more.than 300 companies using the alphabet and related keywords as trademark--- dailymail.co.uk news.
Let's wait and watch from the sideline.

Cheers.

•••
cashed
conclude
crashed
crushed
degeneracy
exclude
filling
reluctant

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back