Dynadot

Thoughts: People Invest In Penny Stocks...Why Not Penny Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So hear me out. Many of us may never see the money that the big guys pull in . Does that mean we cant still have steady income coming in? Many on here do very well with longtail, geo related keywords in the $100-$500 range from outbound sales. So maybe the same thing could work with keyword domains and geo domains for less $25-$60

So lets say you do $100 in hand reg domains. Don't just buy brandables but both geo and keyword related. Do some outbound sales with bin of again $25-$60 each. Quick no brainer sales to people who may not even need the domain but cant pass up a cheap deal to help move traffic.

$100 may get you 80 domains. 80 x $25 (not including paypal fees) is $2,000 and that is again if it is done at $25 Many of us could use that. In fact even if you failed to sell those 80 domains at $25 then you could sell them at other places (here, ebay etc) for $5 and up. Either way I see it as an avenue to generate funds for other things bigger or ramp up so you constantly have a few hundred coming in daily.

What are your thoughts on this idea?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its relatively the same concept as registering a domain for $8 and reselling it here for $15. Alot of domainers do this on the forums and make a profit everyday....But what's the profit vs the time put in for the work?

Thats my issue with these concepts.

Time is money....

While these sales practices work, its the profit margin that is the issue with the time spent making them happen.

My 2 cents.
Kevin

•••
Its relatively the same concept as registering a domain for $8 and reselling it here for $15. Alot of domainers do this on the forums and make a profit everyday....But what's the profit vs the time put in for the work?

Thats my issue with these concepts.

Time is money....

While these sales practices work, its the profit margin that is the issue with the time spent making them happen.

My 2 cents.
Kevin

True that is why I would look at $1 or up to $3 for a min profit of $25 $8 to $15 is only $7 profit and I agree to that. I only suggest this if the quality of the domains could warrant $25 min pay otherwise would scrap the deal

•••
It assumes there is a buyer for everything.

And your top end sales are obliterated

And imagine the never ending "I already have a website" responses.

Domainers already tend to do this with domain they dont want. (sell at any price a few months before renewal) And if that was a great success they would do that with all their domains, rinse and repeat.

Got to have top end sales, and you cant always predict which ones in your port they will be.

•••
It's an interesting concept but I don't think it can work, because you need a lot of time for outbound (you must factor in the time you spend for non-sales too).

•••
I did - I registered some xyz names for pennies. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back