NameSilo

question Those $1 registrations coming home to bite

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'd like to consider myself a fairly capable domainer. But equally in my 20 years of registering (and selling) I have held on to far more domains than was always common sense to do so. Held over 2,000 at my max years around 2007/8. I just wonder how those $1 registration offers have played-out with the registrants (they should be all coming up for renewal or thereabouts) Trust me, I know it's a fight to know what to let go at the best of times. I personally didn't take advantage of any of the offers. *To me a good domain investment takes at least 5 to 10 hours of research for each one, that time is worth far more than the Regular reg price anyway. Let alone a $1 offer
So have the likes of Godaddy and the rest made a killing in renewals and squeezing your finances today (as Godaddy and the like would wish) or have you just abandoned. ??

*been fortunate in breaking pretty much even. Even in the lean years. Now I just consider domains as a hobby/savings plan, nothing more

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back