Dynadot

status-resolved This website should be renamed "Chaos!"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

OliveOil

Established Member
Impact
What a Zoo this site appears to be! Trying to simply figure out how to list some domain names. It's no wonder SEDO rules. Land on their site for one minute and they're all about Business. Just stopped by here to see about selling : OpenSourceCarts.com. For such a brilliant site design, you'z guys should get better at the business side of things and put away the ZOO. Then, maybe you'll soon be about 1/3rd as big as they are ... OliveOil.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We want to personally welcome you to the site and the domain industry!

We have many resources that are designed to help you get started:
Additionally, the following guides will help you navigate the marketplace to sell your domains:
  • The Marketplace Guide will help you with listing your domains for sale on NamePros.
  • The Domain Name Listing Guide will help explain the different sections on NamePros for domain sales and how to use them.
  • The Auction Guide will help walk you through starting an auction on NamePros.
Last but not least, please check out our brief welcome guide that shows you all the great resources we have on NamePros: Click Here

Please feel free to contact us anytime if you need anything. We’re always happy to help and answer any questions that you may have.

•••
It's no wonder SEDO rules. Land on their site for one minute....

Sedo has been stuck in 1999

They need to upgrade many things, not least, design.

DN Verification at Sedo is a nightmare, THAT'S chaos.

•••
Your friends at Sedo also dont have weekends hours.

•••
SEDO? LOL. I think you meant to say SEDO is the ZOO.

•••
My brother Elephant disagrees, he says in a zoo they feed you and they take care of you and visitors give you snacks. Does that happen at NP?

•••
Sedo has been stuck in 1999

They need to upgrade many things, not least, design.

DN Verification at Sedo is a nightmare, THAT'S chaos.
... true, i recently deleted 188 domain names that i had only listed a week ago with them. i am living in a tent in the woods (jungle) in Florida with only a small solar charger and a cheap smart-flip phone to operate with. i will try this site again on my HUAWEI when i return to civilization. Dynadot works best across the board with this little phone. searching, listing, buying, etc. Guess i will list : MAGNIFIEDS.com ... wIth them later today.

•••
My brother Elephant disagrees, he says in a zoo they feed you and they take care of you and visitors give you snacks. Does that happen at NP?
... the only mf-ing snack i need is a big +Sell-it Now+ button on the landing page.

•••
Comparing NamePros to Sedo is kinda like comparing Atlanta to Walmart.
This is a community with many neighborhoods, one being the marketplace.

I've been a member since 2012.
I don't think I've sold any domains here.
I have bought a couple.

You will, most likely, only be able to sell at reseller pricing here.
On Sedo, you have more likelihood of selling at end-user pricing.

•••
What a brilliant quote @Chris Wright and an apt analogy!! (y) Just as in a city, not everything done at every corner is of interest to everyone, same here. I think the secret of getting the most from NamePros is learn how to get around and the rules, prioritize what sections you want to interact with and why you are here, and then remember as in any community we all have a responsibility to be good citizens. Thanks again for a great quote.

@OliveOil first welcome to NamePros. I do understand how at first it can seem difficult to find way around and how things work, but links super moderator gave have lots of great suggestions to get started.

This is not a marketplace like Sedo, DAN or Afternic, in that it is not only a place to sell domain names. As such, and with one million members, it is a really diverse place. If you are looking mainly to sell domain names, you can do that via a fixed price, make offer or auction. Keep in mind that people here are buying at wholesale prices. What that is depends on type of domain name, but varies from 10% of retail and down, typically.

Welcome to NamePros @OliveOil.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Comparing NamePros to Sedo is kinda like comparing Atlanta to Walmart.

I've been a member since 2012.
I don't think I've sold any domains here.
I have bought a couple.

You will, most likely, only be able to sell at reseller pricing here.
On Sedo, you have more likelihood of selling at end-user pricing.
... i'm starting to get it. with this fab-site-tech and all of the zealous members, let me CEO for a year. priority number 1 : bring down Sedo. lol.

•••
What a brilliant quote @Chris Wright and an apt analogy!! (y) Just as in a city, not everything done at every corner is of interest to everyone, same here. I think the secret of getting the most from NamePros is learn how to get around and the rules, prioritize what sections you want to interact with and why you are here, and then remember as in any community we all have a responsibility to be good citizens. Thanks again for a great quote.

@OliveOil first welcome to NamePros. I do understand how at first it can seem difficult to find way around and how things work, but links super moderator gave have lots of great suggestions to get started.

This is not a marketplace like Sedo, DAN or Afternic, in that it is not only a place to sell domain names. As such, and with one million members, it is a really diverse place. If you are looking mainly to sell domain names, you can do that via a fixed price, make offer or auction. Keep in mind that people here are buying at wholesale prices. What that is depends on type of domain name, but varies from 10% of retail and down, typically.

Welcome to NamePros @OliveOil.

Bob
thankyou Sir. a real Gent you are. this is exactly my point. just the name "Name Pros" leads me to believe they are just as good as the competition regarding/being "Professionals" in the "Names" business. Live up to your Name Pros! ...Or, change this website name to : NameCarnival. it's probably available. Dynadot $10.00 ... lol.

Last edited:
•••
@OliveOil,

Please let us know if you have any specific suggestions about things we could change or improve. For example, it sounds like you might like us to provide landing pages for domains?

We are working on a lot of changes that will hopefully make NamePros easier to navigate and use, but your feedback could help us speed up that process by explaining which parts of the site cause new visitors the most confusion.

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

•••
with only a small solar charger and a cheap smart-flip phone to operate with

Are you able to provide a screenshot, by any chance? We're not currently testing with such devices, so I'm curious what it looks like.

•••
Are you able to provide a screenshot, by any chance? We're not currently testing with such devices, so I'm curious what it looks like.
firstly Paul, you're doing a FAB job with the framework. it's more about the content and the necessities, using a "less is more" approach for small screens. example 1/10 : On Broadway, the display in the store window should be Gems, the most beautiful of Eye Catchers. Show off your best 10 - 15 domains (paid ads, and/or percentage agreements) on a clickable rotating window or button, boom! right on top of screen. i will be your first paying client. no domains under a $5,000. value should be considered. Remove all junk, faux and fakes forever from the window (landing pg.) it's really a no-brainer ... 9 more later. (Using Verizon Kazuna eTalk Smart Flip phone from WalMart). PS. Can U give me a more attractive avatar please? She appears to be stand-off-ish...

Last edited:
•••
•••
firstly Paul, you're doing a FAB job with the framework.

Thanks!

Show off your best 10 - 15 domains

Well, they're not really our domains. We're not the ones selling the domains, and we don't make any money when domains are sold here. There's no commission.

On Broadway, the display in the store window should be Gems, the most beautiful of Eye Catchers.

We're not a retailer--we're not the ones selling the domains. We do offer a marketplace of sorts, but we don't earn any money from domains sold there. I'd say the main attraction of NamePros is the community; the marketplace is just a portion of the site. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here, and even if they don't always agree, they often have excellent advice to share.

We do have ads at the top of the screen, but they might not be suitable for selling a single domain unless it's quite valuable. Feel free to ask our advertising team if you're interested, though; if you're looking for something specific, they may be able to accommodate.

percentage agreements

As far as I'm aware, we don't do those, but that's not my department. I think the advertising team has fairly strict rules as to what they'll allow.

on a clickable rotating window or button, boom! right on top of screen

We have one of those, and you can add your domain to it for free if it qualifies:

upload_2020-5-14_1-46-35.png

Remove all junk, faux and fakes forever from the window (landing pg.)

That's not really our call. NamePros itself doesn't offer appraisals; we just provide the tools for the community to offer such services on their own. We want to give you the tools to succeed, but we generally pride ourselves on being neutral and objective, and we try to stay out of the way. That allows us to be a platform where competing opinions can be expressed.

Some members of the community have asked that we weed out some of the "junk," but how would we do that? Until a domain is actually sold, there's no way to know for certain what it's worth.

•••
SEDO? LOL. I think you meant to say SEDO is the ZOO.
yes, today i requested deletion of my 2 weeks old Sedo account. I'm truly beginning to really love NamePros with all my heart, but not my soul - Yet.

•••
Imagine being this upset that you can't figure out how a forum works

•••
Imagine being this upset that you can't figure out how a forum works
it was late at night peak. i was not feeling well and frustrated. a noob in a tent in the woods just before midnite, using a Verizon Kazuna eTalk $20.00 flip phone. like w3school would say: "Try it yourself..." and then you'd know why Pete. please don't be upset with me. if i had a man in my life, things would be different, better. Cherish your loved ones daily. Gotta go, i am trying to figure out who has the most translated website in the world : with the most accurate available languages readily built in. ... Olive

•••
What a Zoo this site appears to be! Trying to simply figure out how to list some domain names. It's no wonder SEDO rules. Land on their site for one minute and they're all about Business. Just stopped by here to see about selling : OpenSourceCarts.com. For such a brilliant site design, you'z guys should get better at the business side of things and put away the ZOO. Then, maybe you'll soon be about 1/3rd as big as they are ... OliveOil.

Why are you comparing a forum with a marketplace.

•••
@OliveOil I respect it, welcome to the forum, thanks for sharing the additional perspective and it's nice to have you on board :)

•••
it was late at night peak. i was not feeling well and frustrated. a noob in a tent in the woods just before midnite, using a Verizon Kazuna eTalk $20.00 flip phone. like w3school would say: "Try it yourself..." and then you'd know why Pete. please don't be upset with me. if i had a man in my life, things would be different, better. Cherish your loved ones daily. Gotta go, i am trying to figure out who has the most translated website in the world : with the most accurate available languages readily built in. ... Olive
Let me know what you find out about that last part....Translation

•••
Let me know what you find out about that last part....Translation
... yes, Apple/130, Google/160, JW.org/1004 ... and the winner is: JW.org! ... just looking at JW.org/en and JW.org/ar

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back