NameSilo

This Twitter Account has 47 million followers and shows .IN

Located in ccTLD Discussion started by LeDomain, May 24, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. LeDomain

LeDomain Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Ok, Twitter is all about followers and am sure there are very few entertainers, maybe some politicians who have this many - 47 million. Its pretty rarified territory to be honest.

How many have you seen that show a cctld website, in this case its shows .IN . That's a lot of eyeballs for the website and .IN . So regardless of your political inclinations, as an .IN domainer, this is great news.

I would venture out and say , in terms of eyeballs , .IN is probably in the Top 5 cctld already, climbing to Top 2 most likely. If TLD's were valued based on eyeballs, .IN will be doing pretty good.

And oh by the way, the account is Prime Minister (INDIA) Narendra Modi's - shows "NarendraModi.in" . You can look it up..

I am told there are other politicians in India who do the same and movie stars/entertainers

So if you know of any other cctld that show up on Twitter accounts (with atleast 5 million followers), feel free to list it below.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. OnlineDomainShop

OnlineDomainShop Restricted (Market)

insaf//pk on Imran khan Twitter account , He is currently Prime Minister of Pakistan.

3. LeDomain

Good one

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger

It is not in the 50M category, but thought I would point out that former Canadian astronaut Chis Hadfield (@Cmdr_Hadfield) has 2.4 million followers and his website is on a .ca. Our Prime Minister has about 4.5M and is on a .ca too @JustinTrudeau. Of course the Canadian with way most followers is Justin Bieber at about 106M, but he is on a .com I see. I've heard he is a musician :xf.grin:.
    Bob

5. offthehandle

offthehandle . VIP

Fiverr used to sell fake likes on FB and Twitter followers. Don’t believe everything you read.

6. LeDomain

Nice..

7. LeDomain

Agreed...keep it in perspective

8. LeDomain

Rahul Gandhi , the opposition party leader has a twitter account with 9 million followers, shows INC.in (INC - indian national congress)

9. domainpundit

domainpundit Established Member

he is also using rahulgandhi.in too

this is a common trend for political leaders and some celebrities using .IN , it was quite uncommon to see this trend almost 5 years before

10. Jv1999

Jv1999 Spamming Exo: Dark Merc of the Exo-Tower VIP

my friends on IG always say that their thousands of followers are mostly bots, and the same holds for twitter too :tightlyclosedeyes:

the thing is that the more fake followers you have, the more their algorithim makes sure that your content is only seen by 30% or less of your followers.

so what my friends do is they try to delete follower bots. .

so those millions of followers of these twitter accounts... there's probably a good chance that over 40% are fake...

11. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger

This tool says their research shows typically 5 to 30% of Twitter followers are fake with a 20% median. Note that as well as the bots and the paid for followers they count followers no longer active on Twitter as fake. I suspect it varies extensively with type of area with politicians, causes and celebrities having higher ratio.
    Bob

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice