Dynadot

This is what triggered my gut feelings.

NameSilo
Watch

Digital Nomad

Top Member
Impact
Yo,

I got an offer for virtualglasses//net for $15k , is it worth more?

How did you get an offer if the domain is set at WHOIS privacy and no sales form on the site?

Sell this quick, its not often you will get a x,xxx offer on a .net domains

You can still get Sedo, Afternic, Godaddy offers etc

Sell and run imo

I checked and it was not listed on any of them, the name is parked with no contact info or sales banner, is it then still possible to get offers with a private WHOIS? Edit: maybe and outbound.

I have previously received offers via email through private whois, so it's definitely possible. But I don't think the average end user buyer would know how.

The account of "TheResurrection" has just been closed. Have asked management (after following my gut feeling) to check if it is a duplicate account of "maybe" someone who owns the .com version here on NP.
And yes, just got a message back from management stating that indeed it was a duplicate account which has now been closed and that the original account of user "mrcurly" just got a warning, believe it or not, the OP of this whole virtual reality thread! It is now 100% confirmed that the accounts of "mrcurly" and "TheResurrection" belong to the same person, and it seems "mrcurly" owns the .com as seen on his website, go to virtualglasses.com redirects to highfivestudio.com "A MrCurly Venture"

So this is what triggered my gut feelings, just before "TheResurrection" posted about the offer he "supposedly" got of the .net yesterday, I was trying to buy the .com 4 days ago and trying to come up with a deal even today. That is why I was questioning how "TheResurrection" got the offer of $15k for the .net if his WHOIS is private, no sales banner, no contact info, no listings on the big reseller sites like GD Sedo Afternic etc. I asked as seen above in the QUOTES because I was not sure at all but had a strange feeling and still hope I am wrong. But now after confirming the link of duplicate accounts, I guess he was trying to trick me and others into offering higher for his .com version by increasing the perception of the $15k offer for the .net.

This is the only thing I will say, everybody please be very careful what you read guys, do not just believe everything by anyone blindly, because they say it is so and so (do not even believe me blindly, nobody, not even the best of the best of all domainers or anyone else), follow your gut feelings, seek facts and proof, find out for yourselves what is true and what is not, be open minded, but cautious.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
5 figues, lol......sure you did #fakenews

•••
•••
•••
5 figues, lol......sure you did #fakenews
Of course it was and the buyer is here at NP. GoDaddy actually owns the singular and has it listed at $35k. You might want to warn them of the TM...

•••
•••
This is getting very funny. Oh boy domaining is going so obscure....
tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

#EveryoneHatesLowballOffers

•••
You have been offering me cheap money then rubbishing the domains on the next email.......such a nasty piece of work!
your the scammer, trying to get a good domain for cheap, say all you want on namepros........i will publish your emails then we can all have a laugh!
You make numerous attempts to get my domain cheap and didn't succeed! Don't be bitter!

Sermons preached by @mrcurly in the VR THREAD April 29th, 2015

upload_2017-6-16_9-21-46.png

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

Last edited:
•••
Looks like @mrcurly likes to 'scam' others by offering $150 for domains worth more.

•••
Please refrain from personal attacks and name calling. This thread was created to discuss a situation that took place, but it may not be used to bash and nitpick each other on unrelated matters.

Thanks for understanding,

•••
Im done! I'll see you all out and about.......soon!

:)

Curly lives on!

•••
Hyping a product has been done forever and will continue forever. I'm not much for the details of who did what and why but in the end it all boils down to who wants the domain and what they are willing to pay for it.

I don't think what happened is too much different from everyone else saying they turned down 30k etc. I see so much exaggeration that this has become the norm. I usually say good luck with that and call me when you come down to earth.

Sure there has been some sneaky stuff done and I am not in favor of it but it is a sales industry and I bet half of everything reported has to be taken with a grain of salt.

I think there will always be games when it comes to .net & .com with someone wanting to manipulate the price. We will probably get more of that with all the new extensions so we need to expect the fact that hype is hype.

@mrcurly (TheResurrection) hyped the domain and made up sales offers but how many times do you think that is done here?

@URLU wanted a domain and had to play games to try and get it, which I find about the norm. I made offers trying to get domains and I was played only to find out the domain I wanted was listed for cheaper on a different website. The owner was milking me for every penny possible and in the end he lost the deal because I caught him.

However..... the lesson for me has always been to expect the unexpected and to understand the world of sales is cut throat and always will be.

So I will stay neutral on this, I can see both sides of the coin. I don't agree with how it played out but I can see why it happened.

•••
There's so much BS in the domain industry, it's almost unbelievable. (Not that there isn't BS everywhere where money is involved.) Tells something about the difficulty of making money in this industry. Newbies might wanna take note.

•••
@Grilled just burned mrcurly (got it? lol)

•••
•••
So if you respond like that they close your account?
No. If you create a support ticket and ask us to close your account, we will close your account. ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back