Dynadot

This is what triggered my gut feelings.

NameSilo
Watch

Digital Nomad

Top Member
Impact
Yo,

I got an offer for virtualglasses//net for $15k , is it worth more?

How did you get an offer if the domain is set at WHOIS privacy and no sales form on the site?

Sell this quick, its not often you will get a x,xxx offer on a .net domains

You can still get Sedo, Afternic, Godaddy offers etc

Sell and run imo

I checked and it was not listed on any of them, the name is parked with no contact info or sales banner, is it then still possible to get offers with a private WHOIS? Edit: maybe and outbound.

I have previously received offers via email through private whois, so it's definitely possible. But I don't think the average end user buyer would know how.

The account of "TheResurrection" has just been closed. Have asked management (after following my gut feeling) to check if it is a duplicate account of "maybe" someone who owns the .com version here on NP.
And yes, just got a message back from management stating that indeed it was a duplicate account which has now been closed and that the original account of user "mrcurly" just got a warning, believe it or not, the OP of this whole virtual reality thread! It is now 100% confirmed that the accounts of "mrcurly" and "TheResurrection" belong to the same person, and it seems "mrcurly" owns the .com as seen on his website, go to virtualglasses.com redirects to highfivestudio.com "A MrCurly Venture"

So this is what triggered my gut feelings, just before "TheResurrection" posted about the offer he "supposedly" got of the .net yesterday, I was trying to buy the .com 4 days ago and trying to come up with a deal even today. That is why I was questioning how "TheResurrection" got the offer of $15k for the .net if his WHOIS is private, no sales banner, no contact info, no listings on the big reseller sites like GD Sedo Afternic etc. I asked as seen above in the QUOTES because I was not sure at all but had a strange feeling and still hope I am wrong. But now after confirming the link of duplicate accounts, I guess he was trying to trick me and others into offering higher for his .com version by increasing the perception of the $15k offer for the .net.

This is the only thing I will say, everybody please be very careful what you read guys, do not just believe everything by anyone blindly, because they say it is so and so (do not even believe me blindly, nobody, not even the best of the best of all domainers or anyone else), follow your gut feelings, seek facts and proof, find out for yourselves what is true and what is not, be open minded, but cautious.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The account of "TheResurrection" has just been closed. Have asked management (after following my gut feeling) to check if it is a duplicate account of "maybe" someone who owns the .com version here on NP.
And yes, just got a message back from management stating that indeed it was a duplicate account which has now been closed and that the original account of user "mrcurly" just got a warning, believe it or not, the OP of this whole virtual reality thread! It is now 100% confirmed that the accounts of "mrcurly" and "TheResurrection" belong to the same person, and it seems "mrcurly" owns the .com as seen on his website, go to virtualglasses.com redirects to highfivestudio.com "A MrCurly Venture"

So this is what triggered my gut feelings, just before "TheResurrection" posted about the offer he "supposedly" got of the .net yesterday, I was trying to buy the .com 4 days ago and trying to come up with a deal even today. That is why I was questioning how "TheResurrection" got the offer of $15k for the .net if his WHOIS is private, no sales banner, no contact info, no listings on the big reseller sites like GD Sedo Afternic etc. I asked as seen above in the QUOTES because I was not sure at all but had a strange feeling and still hope I am wrong. But now after confirming the link of duplicate accounts, I guess he was trying to trick me and others into offering higher for his .com version by increasing the perception of the $15k offer for the .net.

This is the only thing I will say, everybody please be very careful what you read guys, do not just believe everything by anyone blindly, because they say it is so and so (do not even believe me blindly, nobody, not even the best of the best of all domainers or anyone else), follow your gut feelings, seek facts and proof, find out for yourselves what is true and what is not, be open minded, but cautious.

Poof...Integrity, Gone with the Wind. Thanks, he's getting off easy...imo.

•••
Poof...Integrity, Gone with the Wind. Thanks, he's getting off easy...imo.
Now he is trying to sell the .COM for $6k to me which is valid for only 1 hour (he is pressuring, because he knows he has been caught), after his duplicate account got closed. I am willing to risk my whole reputation to show you guys the truth, to protect others from these kind of acts, as I was hesitating to say it in the open, but I have to do what is right even if I am wrong, but it seems pretty clear to me.

Last edited:
•••
Now he is trying to sell the .COM for $6k to me, after his duplicate account got closed.
I am willing to risk my whole reputation to show you guys the truth, to protect others from these kind of acts, as I was hesitating to say it in the open, but I have to do what is right even if I am wrong, but it seems pretty clear to me.

Obviously he's been here a long time, but I don't know him, as I just pass through every few months. If you reach a deal after all of this...be sure to use escrow.:) P.S I love the name, but believe I have better VR names for the money.

•••
Obviously he's been here a long time, but I don't know him, as I just pass through every few months. If you reach a deal after all of this...be sure to use escrow.:) P.S I love the name, but believe I have better VR names for the money.
I will never go for a deal after all of this, it is very disrespectful and sneaky.

•••

Damn! Seriously that is all kind of f+$&%d up stuff.
Can only imagine how many times he must have leveraged this thread to pump up his VR sales.
Guy is smart. But guess he took this song a lil too seriously.

It Aint Cheatin Til U Get Caught - T.K. Soul

•••
•••
Classic case of Whodunit
*grabs popcorn*

•••
@mrcurly tried to scam me a few months ago. Check his negative rating I left him. He also received a bad business infraction from management.

Be very careful who you deal with on here.

•••
don't mind buying good domains for cheap.
Thats the seller problem if he undervalues his names.

•••
don't mind buying good domains for cheap.
Thats the seller problem if he undervalues his names.

That's the whole point of domain investing, buy for cheap, sell for profit.

•••
@mrcurly tried to scam me a few months ago. Check his negative rating I left him. He also received a bad business infraction from management.

Be very careful who you deal with on here.

Well all I know is, he posted to all here on the board his fake .net offer, with his other ID. Thanks for more info on the poster.

•••

Thanks for the info. I think we all knew that supposed 15K offer looked WAY too high for that .net domain. It all makes sense now.

•••
Wow I thought anyone with a duplicate account got banned?

•••
I am very disappointed about the way @mrcurly treated me. I thought he was a good friend and one day he changed and let me down BIG TIME! it's not very nice using people. I don't trust domainers anymore because of this experience.

@mrcurly does have something special spotting great domains.

@mrcurly = tart without a :):):):):)

•••
For everyone wondering where the post has gone for the fake offer (by the OP of this whole virtual reality thread) "mrcurly" of $15k for virtualglasses.net with his fake account pls go to (it was moved because it is "off topic" still think it is very important for everyone in this thread to know to protect

You make numerous attempts to get my domain cheap and didn't succeed! Don't be bitter!

•••
You make numerous attempts to get my domain cheap and didn't succeed! Don't be bitter!
Buying good domains cheap is the name of the game and making low offers just makes sense. But what makes no sense is creating multiple accounts and posting fake offers. Can you explain that? The majority of members here wouldn't even think of doing something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Buying good domains cheap is the name of the game and making low offers just makes sense. But what makes no sense is creating multiple accounts and posting fake offers. Can you explain that? The majority of members here wouldn't even think of doing something like that.

Your the biggest scammer of the lot keith!

•••
Your the biggest scammer of the lot keith!
Really? You're the only one that's ever said that. In what way and who have I scammed?

I've been a member here for over a decade. Never had another account, never had a negative trade review, never created a thread that contained false info...

You're digging a deep hole. The mods should really ban your "real" account, assuming you don't operate under others as well. @Eric Lyon

Last edited:
•••
You have been trying to scam the domain from me for the last 2 days

@mrcurly Please explain to all of us NP members in detail how @URLU supposedly scammed you? Because from all the facts we see here, you used a form of pump and dump, to try and get more money for virtual/glasses/com by claiming virtual/glasses/net received a $15,000 offer. If this is true, please post a screenshot of the email offer for 15k from a few days ago, and try to regain some of your lost integrity.

It also doesn't help that a few other members have come here and said they have had bad dealings with you, so please clear this up! Thanks!

You should probably change your avatar too? or at least refresh yourself with the ten commandments! Oh, the irony of that avatar! :banghead:

Last edited:
•••

Publish the emails asap .. things are not looking good for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
@mrcurly Please explain to all of us NP members in detail how @URLU supposedly scammed you? Because from all the facts we see here, you used a form of pump and dump, to try and get more money for virtual/glasses/com by claiming virtual/glasses/net received a $15,000 offer. If this is true, please post a screenshot of the email offer for 15k from a few days ago, and try to regain some of your lost integrity.

It also doesn't help that a few other members have come here and said they have had bad dealings with you, so please clear this up! Thanks!

You should probably change your avatar too? or at least refresh yourself with the ten commandments! Oh, the irony of that avatar! :banghead:

Funny....lol

•••
Really? You're the only one that's ever said that. In what way and who have I scammed?

I've been a member here for over a decade. Never had another account, never had a negative trade review, never created a thread that contained false info...

You're digging a deep hole. The mods should really ban your "real" account, assuming you don't operate under others as well. @Eric Lyon

Keith your just bitter cause you bought 2 domains from me totalling $5,500 that have global trademarks and you cant sell! Thanks for the cash mate :)

•••
•••
Keith your just bitter cause you bought 2 domains from me totalling $5,500 that have global trademarks and you cant sell! Thanks for the cash mate :)
You don't understand TMs and 1 of those has already been sold for 5 figures. The buyer will sell for much more. Good luck getting out of this one.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back