These are cheap reg prices right?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

stormchaser

Account Closed
Impact
Hi,

What do you guys think about this place? http://domains.gdtechindia.com/

Prices are cheap but is it worth it? I'm new so want to get in as cheap as possible but also don't want to get burned.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I cant speak for the particular registrar that you mention (apart from the fact that their .co.uk prices are not as cheap as 123-reg.co.uk).

However you may want to consider what you intend to do with your domain names. If you are developing and keeping, then price is obviously a consideration and a lesser known registrar may be able to satisfy your needs.

However if you are looking for sales, particularly to end users (who could be anywhere in the world), IMHO you should really stick with major international registrars (even if this costs a bit more in individual registrations) who have more recognised brands and make life easier to transfer names to buyers. Saving a few cents on the registration fee may cost far more when trying to complete a sale to an end user.

People have different views and experiences with individual registrars but I stick mainly with Godaddy and Enom which are recognised worldwide by most of my end user customers.

•••
I wouldnt use them, never heard of them before and if you reg names with them people might not even buy your names because of where they are regged.

Their prices arnt anything special...

•••
Admin of this site is banned at namepros...

•••
GoDaddy can beat the dot coms. Nevertheless I'd stick with a well known registrar that has a reputation to protect. There's nothing like signing on and finding your prize domain is now registered to someone else, or just gone.

•••
I wonder how long the pricing can last.

DirectI's system had some extended downtime a few days ago, in order to compensate for the downtime, all resellers were charged a ZERO Markup for 2 days till 14th March 2009. This special pricing has now been reverted.

•••
GoDaddy is cheap if you use their coupon codes

•••
stormchaser said:
Prices are cheap but is it worth it?

No.

One of the most common threads on NP is about a domainer having issues with an unknown registrar.

•••
dbtbandit67 said:
No.

One of the most common threads on NP is about a domainer having issues with an unknown registrar.

His account was closed. Perhaps he was a spammer, trying to draw attention to his site.

•••
hostingsearch said:
I wonder how long the pricing can last.

DirectI's system had some extended downtime a few days ago, in order to compensate for the downtime, all resellers were charged a ZERO Markup for 2 days till 14th March 2009. This special pricing has now been reverted.

I happened to read about this in http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=5608941#post5608941 ....It was nice to read that the founder and owner of the company wrote a personal email for all the Reseller's under system apologizing for the inconvenience and also offering Domains at cost price for 2 days !!! :kickass:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back