IT.COM

The top 10,000 Alexa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Isn't fair to say the top 10,000 sites are pretty important sites on the internet? What would be the cut off for Alex ranking (500,000 is pretty easy to get)?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
xalex said:
Isn't fair to say the top 10,000 sites are pretty important sites on the internet? What would be the cut off for Alex ranking (500,000 is pretty easy to get)?

It was fairly easy for me to get my site in the top 100,000.

•••
My goal is top 500, to get more advertising.

•••
pb21baller said:

lol. Isn't it for all of us?

•••
xalex said:
pb21baller said:

lol. Isn't it for all of us?
of course it is, but as there are more and more sites, it will be harder and harder.

•••
The more that joins, the higher the stake to get the highest.

•••
I had a site in the top 10000 before. It got just over 45000 visitors a day. But I sold it... boy do I regret doing that now. Oh well.. I am working myself back up there. Will get there eventually.

•••
xalex said:

That would be a fair quote, but I wouldn't say that sites ranked below 10,000 are unimportant by any means.

•••
Alot of the top 10000 sites would be nothing if it were not for the sites below 10000.

•••
•••
PS3Domains said:
I had a site in the top 10000 before. It got just over 45000 visitors a day. But I sold it... boy do I regret doing that now. Oh well.. I am working myself back up there. Will get there eventually.

Could you give us some tips about how you manged to get that many uniqs?

•••
The Equivocate said:
It was fairly easy for me to get my site in the top 100,000.

It is trivial to get even into 20,000 or less. Set up a website with few million URLs, each optimized a specific keyphrase people search for, link from PR7 pages so that Google crwals it fast and you will get over 100k hits a day and be in top 20,000 in a matter of month. It's that easy to fool the Alexa rank :) Of course, I'm not recommending to anyone spamming Google this way... it's just the idea how to have excellent Alexa rank with nothing valuable on your site at all.

Besides, there's lots of software around which pushes up your Alexa rank, using false hits from anonymous proxies.

•••
How many hits do you all think that, say, #500 gets per day? And 5000? And 3 million? Just wondering.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back