IT.COM

sales The Sales Roundup: Why Free.co.uk Sold for $205,000, Ready.org Sold for $169,888, and More

NameSilo
Watch
The Sales Roundup is a weekly article digging deeper into reported sales. We see plenty of domain sales data, but what are the stories behind the numbers? This week, we’re examining the top five deals from March 2nd, 2020, to March 8th, 2020, as listed by DNJournal’s editor Ron Jackson.

In this week’s Sales Roundup, we’re looking at the week that Ron described as one of the most extraordinary sales weeks he has ever seen. That’s primarily because non-.COM domains completely dominated the week’s sales chart by taking 8 of the top 10 spots...

Read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
good names meeting big user

•••
•••
Nice to know the stories behind some of the big sales. Thanks @James Iles .
Some great prices for fine country codes in your list. And now I know why HELOC sold for so much.

Will for sure be interesting to see who bought Ready. It could be perfect for so many sectors.

Bob

•••
Thanks @James Iles

Interestingly the guy that paid big bucks for free.co.uk actively refused ownership of free.uk:

upload_2020-5-17_9-45-38.png

Pasted the link from acorn domains but it gets corrected to https://acorndomains/ for some reason

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
That's the question on everyone's lips that remains to be answered. My feeling on this is that any .co.uk domain sold for such a large sum of money could have included rights to the .UK as well as part of the agreement for free or at a fraction of the percentage of .CO.UK sale price. I base this purely on the lack of popularity of the .UK extension compared to .CO.UK at the present time.

The forum thread suggests that the person who was selling the name almost certainly would have offered the rights to the .UK at some point as part of their general business practices, but I can't really comment on that.

It's speculation, though.

I wouldn't want to be left with just the .CO.UK of any domain really if there is a chance to get both from the same seller, especially given the large sum. Of course this would depend on the willingness of the seller and the buyer to reach an acceptable agreement.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back