NameSilo

The Sales Roundup: Why Winemaker.com Sold for $100,000 and More

Labeled as information in Domain Industry News, started by James Iles, Jun 21, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. James Iles

James Iles Writer at JamesNames.com and Consultant PRO VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger ★★★★★★★★★★

In my sales roundup this week, I've chosen five sales from DNJournal's May 13th, 2020 edition of its weekly chart. I'm going behind the names to find out exactly why certain domains sold for the prices they did. This week, I've chosen Louise.com ($15,000), Boycott.org ($15,000), Winemaker.com ($100,000), Tasawoq.com ($18,000), and FWW.com ($35,000)...

Read the rest on my blog.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. WatchDogue

WatchDogue Top Contributor VIP

Enjoyed the Sales RoundUp!

Your comments re " Louise " were interesting in particular, as I have always been intrigued by the " first name " domains.

Thanks James!

3. TheBaldOne

TheBaldOne Top Contributor VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Brilliant write up, thank you.

4. stub

stub DNStore.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Very interesting article, James. Is this part of a series we can lookup at on JamesNames?

5. pablohc86

pablohc86 Top Contributor VIP

i feel all those names are great deals for sellers except Fww...

6. ultradog

ultradog Established Member

Great group of sales, although I don't see why Louise.com didn't go much higher. Not only is it a nice brand like Beatrice, it's the same sort of old-fashioned name. Also the name of George Jefferson's spouse.

7. FolioTeam

FolioTeam AMDB.tv VIP

Thanks for sharing

8. James Iles

James Iles Writer at JamesNames.com and Consultant PRO VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger ★★★★★★★★★★

Thanks @stub - yes, this is a weekly edition I'm producing. I've added all Sales Roundup posts to their own category: https://jamesnames.com/category/sales-roundup/

9. James Iles

Thanks! I think the best first name domains can make versatile brands. I can see Louise•com being used in fashion/media, and therefore being resold for far more money

10. QuestFuture

QuestFuture Established Member

Thanks for sharing

11. noneisnone

noneisnone Upgraded Member Blue Account

Tasawoq translates to shopping in arabic not "cart" as you mentioned
    The domain was bought by aaw.com i would have through carfour or safeway would have loved this domain but i guess they already have a brand website and don't need a generic word
    good read Thanks for sharing

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice