IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Archangel

randypendleton.comTop Member
Impact
This thread was created to bring a local new story to light, which can be viewed below:

JACKSON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio school district decided Tuesday night to keep a portrait of Jesus hanging in the school where it's been 65 years, denying a federal lawsuit's claim the portrait's display unconstitutionally promotes religion in a public school.

The Jackson City Schools board offered a constitutional justification of its own in voting 4-0 to keep the portrait up in its middle school, saying it must protect students' free speech rights. The vote drew cheers and applause from the dozens of people gathered in the elementary school gymnasium.

Read all of it here: http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-school-b...xzBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQR0ZXN0A1Rlc3RfQUZD;_ylv=3

I posted his here @ NP to see what ppl had to say on the issue. As it turns out, this sparked many debates. I've considered closing this thread but after multiple suggestions, I decided to keep it open. Feel free to join in the topics but per forum rules, please refrain from obscene, threatening, rude, or insulting posts.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"An Alabama elementary school has banned the word “Easter” this year in order to respect religious diversity."

What does the Chocolate Bunny have to do with religion?

•••
What does the Chocolate Bunny have to do with religion?

Just a tool used to indoctrinate the kiddies. Feed them chocolate and throw in a bible story to go with it. Like missionaries going to places where people are starving. Want some food? Love some Jesus. Kind of like the early days and how Christianity spread. Watched a documentary on the Middle Ages. Constant raids, hunger, lack of education etc. These places of worship were just a little safer, had books, had food. Easy to get people over. Or people like Charlemagne back in the day, having people bent over, ready to get their head chopped off or be Christian.

Last edited:
•••
Don't some lefties treat him like a God?
Much like many conservatives do Rush Limbaugh.

"An Alabama elementary school has banned the word “Easter” this year in order to respect religious diversity."
And Sarah Palin wants libraries to ban all kinds of books . . about 80 or so, from Shakespeare's Twelfth Night to Dahl's James and the Giant Peach.

Someday they will have to re-write the dictionaries and ban the Bible. Just remove all those "offensive" words like Easter, Christmas, Christians, Jesus, etc. That should make Liberals really happy,... right?

Maybe it's time to form a Bible rewrite committee...Hmmm...if limited to five people, who would you nominate?

•••
Just a tool used to indoctrinate the kiddies. Feed them chocolate and throw in a bible story to go with it. Like missionaries going to places where people are starving. Want some food? Love some Jesus. Kind of like the early days and how Christianity spread. Watched a documentary on the Middle Ages. Constant raids, hunger, lack of education etc. These places of worship were just a little safer, had books, had food. Easy to get people over. Or people like Charlemagne back in the day, having people bent over, ready to get their head chopped off or be Christian.
You really hate Christians and everything they stand for, don't you? I'm sure you will be in 7th heaven when the US becomes the land of Sodom and Gomorrah.

•••

Both methods were tried on just about every indigenous culture found.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

You really hate Christians and everything they stand for, don't you? I'm sure you will be in 7th heaven when the US becomes the land of Sodom and Gomorrah.

As Mahatma Gandhi said, “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

•••

Just certain Christians and certain members of any other religion. I'm fine with anybody practicing their own religion, as long as they don't try to use it to interfere with other people's lives, progress.

When Christians use religion to try take away a woman's right to her body, or keep people from having rights, gay marriage or against medical research like embryonic stem cell research, etc.

And don't like any fundamentalist types. If you don't think dinosaurs existed, or truly believe a woman came from the rib of a man, I think you have some sort of mental disorder. And fundamentalist types of other religions that like to kill other people by blowing themselves up. Crazy people basically.

Don't like those types. I like decent, peaceful, logical human beings. The fundamentalist types just have a history of causing problems.

Last edited:
•••
As Mahatma Gandhi said, “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
You hate Christians, you hate Old people. Do you also hate Old White folks like JB Lions and some other lefties here? What are you; a Hindu, a Muslim, an Atheist?

•••
I hate old white folks? Where do you get that from. That's most of my relatives. Why do you get irrational all the time? And who else hates them?

Last edited:
•••
Just certain Christians and certain members of any other religion. I'm fine with anybody practicing their own religion, as long as they don't try to use it to interfere with other people's lives, progress.

When Christians use religion to try take away a woman's right to her body, or keep people from having rights, gay marriage or against medical research like embryonic stem cell research, etc.

And don't like any fundamentalist types. If you don't think dinosaurs existed, or truly believe a woman came from the rib of a man, I think you have some sort of mental disorder. And fundamentalist types of other religions that like to kill other people by blowing themselves up. Crazy people basically.

Don't like those types. I like decent, peaceful, logical human beings. The fundamentalist types just have a history of causing problems.
And you think you are a peaceful, logical human being? Yeah sure, cowardly killing millions of unborn babies every year must be a very honorable thing to do.... right?

I prefer my humanity and logic to yours and the rest of the lefties here.... any day.

•••
I've never killed a baby in my life. What are you talking about. And I don't hate old white folk.

What's happening inside of a woman's body, will never be any of your business, Gilsan, sorry. And that was decided awhile back. And that's why a lot of people have problems with people like you. You can't find a way to mind your own business.

Last edited:
•••
I've never killed a baby in my life. What are you talking about. And I don't hate old white folk.

What's happening inside of a woman's body, will never be any of your business, Gilsan, sorry. And that was decided awhile back.
Not you personally but you are fine with women so easily having abortions. Just like they show pictures on cigarette packs of the effects smoking can have on your lungs and health, they should also show pictures of dead mutilated fetuses after an abortion. I'm sure many women would change their minds about how lightly and irresponsibly so many of them treat abortion.

I meant to say Old White men (not folks) which you talked about on the one or both political threads (Ron Paul one included)

"What's happening inside of a woman's body, will never be any of your business, Gilsan, sorry. And that was decided awhile back. And that's why a lot of people have problems with people like you. You can't find a way to mind your own business."

They want to have abortions? I have no problem, but when I have to help pay for them (with some exceptions) then I and millions have a problem with it. Why should I pay for someone's lack of responsibility? If they want to have a good time and fornicate all the time, without any cares in the world, then let them pay for the abortions. I'm fine with that

Last edited:
•••
That old white men thing you're referring too, was me playing devil's advocate. You know this, because I told you. You talking about it being ok for the Mayor/government, telling people what they can/cannot eat because of health costs. Health costs being your reason. I pointed out that health costs tend to go up for older people and linked you to other countries saying something about that, maybe go ahead and kill the old people, save some money. That was again:

devil's advocate
"In common parlance, a devil's advocate is someone who, given a certain argument, takes a position he or she does not necessarily agree with, for the sake of debate."

It's 2013, that abortion issue was decided in the 70's. I'm not pro-abortion, I'm pro-choice. I'm also pro birth control, which would help cut this down. Of course if you're a Republican, like Santorum, you're against birth control, aka an idiot. And women get all that information you're talking about already. Again, it's 2013. We have the internet and information galore, they also get that info at the clinic.

•••
That old white men thing you're referring too, was me playing devil's advocate. You know this, because I told you. You talking about it being ok for the Mayor/government, telling people what they can/cannot eat because of health costs. Health costs being your reason. I pointed out that health costs tend to go up for older people and linked you to other countries saying something about that, maybe go ahead and kill the old people, save some money. That was again:
I said I thought it was a sensible thing to do by Bloomberg. Wishing that obese people have a healthier lifestyle is a good thing, while wishing that the Big Food Corporations be heavily penalized for being the main cause of the massive amount of fat people in the US, is also a good thing.

It's 2013, that abortion issue was decided in the 70's. I'm not pro-abortion, I'm pro-choice. I'm also pro birth control, which would help cut this down. Of course if you're a Republican, like Santorum, you're against birth control, aka an idiot. And women get all that information you're talking about already. Again, it's 2013. We have the internet and information galore, they also get that info at the clinic.
I've no problem with birth control either, but why should I have to pay for abortions because of these women's promiscuous lifestyles?

Besides, in many of these clinics, lots of women go there to have gender based abortions where they receive counsel on it. Female babies are more likely to get aborted, similar to China and India. Pretty disgusting and perverted if you ask me.

•••
In the end, it's legal. It's not going to change. Now we have recent stuff like what happened in North Dakota, that will eventually be struck down:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/27/u...rict-abortion-limits.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

“I think there’s a lot of frustration in the pro-life movement,” said Paul B. Linton, a constitutional lawyer in Illinois who was formerly general counsel of Americans United for Life. “Forty years after Roe v. Wade was decided, it’s still the law of the land.”

The way it works generally, is once rights have been achieved, we don't go back and take them away. It's a losing battle for the Pro-Life movement.

This kind of thing doesn't help, talking about the counter protest by The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Francisco - http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/same-sex-marriage-facebook-campaign-adopts-red-equal-sign

Protesting against equal rights. But, like I said, it just pushes that hateful type of thinking even more out there, it gets exposed, leading to their decline.

Last edited:
•••
I've wanted to post this in here. There is a li'l controversy about the guy who plays Lucifer on a TV show. The issue: he looks strikingly similar to Obama:

TheBible-MohamenMehdiOuazanni-Satan-jpg_173434.jpg

Read about it here http://tv.yahoo.com/news/actor-who-...s--the-bible--looks-like-obama-174517707.html

It's just disinterested humor but it's something to think about. lol

•••
This kind of thing doesn't help, talking about the counter protest by The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Francisco - http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/same-sex-marriage-facebook-campaign-adopts-red-equal-sign

Protesting against equal rights. But, like I said, it just pushes that hateful type of thinking even more out there, it gets exposed, leading to their decline.
Bullshit!... You mean "protesting against special rights"? Why should gays have more rights than others? The hate and the intolerance is from the brainwashed Liberals, the gays, the MSM, and the Hollywood weirdos.

So for you the The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Francisco must keep quiet and do nothing? I'm totally behind the RC Church in this issue. When gays learn how to procreate, then I'll be the first one to change my mind. Till then they can shove it up their dirty sh-tholes. They have lots of experience doing that already

I can't believe how full of sh-t you are.

•••
•••
You hate Christians, you hate Old people. Do you also hate Old White folks like JB Lions and some other lefties here? What are you; a Hindu, a Muslim, an Atheist?

You really need to settle down and consider what you're going to write a little before throwing out knee-jerk non sequiturs. What gave you the idea I hate Christians? Because I quoted Gandhi?

If you go back and read, you'll see I was being sarcastic about old people to make a point that they are not treated with the care and respect they deserve. Sorry you didn't pick up on that.

I have no idea why you would then throw "white" into the list of things you imagine I hate. But I think that's what shows a difference in our nature. I reserve hate for things much worse than people and topics I disagree with in a forum.

As far as I can tell, you have some very strong beliefs that you hold close, which is good for you. Unfortunately, those beliefs are projected as fairly ugly accusations when your beliefs are threatened.

•••
"Why should gays have more rights than others?"

This is straight stupid. How is it more rights? That doesn't make any sense. They want to have the same rights as straight couples.

"When gays learn how to procreate"

And that is stupid as well and something other people already took apart. Not all straight people can, or want to have children. A person's reason for wanting to get married, is still, none of your business. You're an anti-rights type person basically.

"So for you the The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Francisco must keep quiet and do nothing?"

Yes, none of their business. You do realize there are people who aren't Catholic who could give a shit what they think? Or Catholics who are ok with gay marriage?

Think of all the time, energy and money put into fighting against rights. Rights that are going to get there whether you or the church, like it or not. And what good you can do with that instead. They can be a more productive member of society, instead of trying to hold society back with old world thinking.

The people who supported women's rights, were right.
The people who supported civil rights, were right.
The people that support gay rights, are right.

And there are some people who are against gay rights, probably would have been against those other rights mentioned. Some of the same arguments were used, you remember that video I posted?

Haha

"Bishop Salvatore Cordileone, San Francisco's Roman Catholic archbishop-elect who was arrested early Monday for driving under the influence in San Diego, apologized, saying he felt "shame for the disgrace I have brought upon the church and myself."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...hop-cordileone-apologizes-for-dui-arrest?lite

I wonder when they Tweet their hate, are they sober or drunk?

Last edited:
•••
I'm sure many women would change their minds about how lightly and irresponsibly so many of them treat abortion.

I've no problem with birth control either, but why should I have to pay for abortions because of these women's promiscuous lifestyles?

Guess what? A lot of abortions are performed when MARRIED women discover that the fetus has a serious defect which will cause it to live a short, miserable life (assuming it even survived full term) that would bankrupt the family. I saw my neighbors go through that (because of a botched test that indicated everything was OK.) - don't judge unless you've been there or know someone who has.

Another reason MARRIED WOMEN have abortions - health concerns. Like women who discover they have cancer while they are pregnant.

Those aren't done "lightly and irresponsibly" and have nothing to do with a "promiscuous lifestyle."

Back to your regularly-scheduled JB-Gilsan debate...

Last edited:
•••
Guess what? A lot of abortions are performed when MARRIED women discover that the fetus has a serious defect which will cause it to live a short, miserable life (assuming it even survived full term) that would bankrupt the family. I saw my neighbors go through that (because of a botched test that indicated everything was OK.) - don't judge unless you've been there or know someone who has.

Another reason MARRIED WOMEN have abortions - health concerns. Like women who discover they have cancer while they are pregnant.

Those aren't done "lightly and irresponsibly" and have nothing to do with a "promiscuous lifestyle."

Back to your regularly-scheduled JB-Gilsan debate...
On post #186 I wrote:

"They want to have abortions? I have no problem, but when I have to help pay for them (with some exceptions) then I and millions have a problem with it. Why should I pay for someone's lack of responsibility? If they want to have a good time and fornicate all the time, without any cares in the world, then let them pay for the abortions. I'm fine with that"

"With some exceptions" I said. For every other abortion, let them pay for their irresponsibility. Women know all about the birds and the bees nowadays. so If they want to screw around with every Tom, Dick and Harry it's their business, but when they turn up with a "Bun in the Oven" then let them pay for it from their own pockets... either that, or grow up and learn to be responsible.

Seems to me, that you and the others here don't understand such a simple concept as that.

•••
Seems to me, that you and the others here don't understand such a simple concept as that.

I don't relate to the way your mind works, if that's what you mean, but I have a helluva lot more insight into how women think and what they do than 99% of this forum. And I can assure you that most of us are not "screwing around with every Tom, Dick and Harry" and/or being irresponsible about it.

As far as that goes, it takes 2 to be irresponsible and make a baby - maybe Tom Dick and Harry should be using some protection.

BTW, thinking back on of all the people I've ever met, the few who I suspect might have tried to hit anything with a pulse were male.

Last edited:
•••
I don't relate to the way your mind works, if that's what you mean, but I have a helluva lot more insight into how women think and what they do than 99% of this forum. And I can assure you that most of us are not "screwing around with every Tom, Dick and Harry" and/or being irresponsible about it.

As far as that goes, it takes 2 to be irresponsible and make a baby - maybe Tom Dick and Harry should be using some protection.

BTW, thinking back on of all the people I've ever met, the few who I suspect might have tried to hit anything with a pulse were male.
I'm talking obviously about those that screw around with every Tom, Dick and Harry and they represent the vast majority of abortions. Yes, you have an excellent point about men using protection. But the women should also either say NO if he has no protection or take some form of birth control.

"BTW, thinking back on of all the people I've ever met, the few who I suspect might have tried to hit anything with a pulse were male."

Could you please explain the meaning of this phrase

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

"Why should gays have more rights than others?"

This is straight stupid. How is it more rights? That doesn't make any sense. They want to have the same rights as straight couples.
They have the same rights as everyone else. Gay men can marry women and Lesbians can marry men. Why do they want more rights than everyone else? How about straight people if they want to many 2 or more, do they have that right? Should they have that right?

"So for you the The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Francisco must keep quiet and do nothing?"

Yes, none of their business. You do realize there are people who aren't Catholic who could give a shit what they think? Or Catholics who are ok with gay marriage?

And do you realize that there are millions that are NOT OK with gay marriage? In France at the moment the Government wants to pass Gay Marriage, but just like in Portugal they don't want the people to vote on it 'cause they know it won't pass (just like in California) So they are going to pass the law through parliament, against the people's wishes.

Gays want to do as they please in everything. They can walk around naked and have oral sex in the Streets of San Francisco in front of everyone, children included and nobody is supposed to say anything, because you can't hurt the feelings of some of these perverts? You must be kidding!

Think of all the time, energy and money put into fighting against rights. Rights that are going to get there whether you or the church, like it or not. And what good you can do with that instead. They can be a more productive member of society, instead of trying to hold society back with old world thinking.

Yes, look at all the time, energy and money spent on Proposition 8 in California, where the people said NO to gay marriage and then the courts come in and say YES. The courts did NOT respect the democratic will of the people.

Liberals are the ones that are screwing up society, but because they've been so brainwashed at their Schools, Universities, Media and Hollywood for so long, they really believe they are right. Not even a 10 year clean-up of their brainwashed minds in the Gulag would help them. Lefties are beyond repair. There is no salvation on this earth for them.

"Bishop Salvatore Cordileone, San Francisco's Roman Catholic archbishop-elect who was arrested early Monday for driving under the influence in San Diego, apologized, saying he felt "shame for the disgrace I have brought upon the church and myself."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...hop-cordileone-apologizes-for-dui-arrest?lite

I wonder when they Tweet their hate, are they sober or drunk?
He wasn't the first and won't be the last who also enjoys a drink. Doesn't look good on his resumé, but definitely better than if he was a child molester

•••
As far as that goes, it takes 2 to be irresponsible and make a baby....

I apologize in advance for the driveby....no way I am getting sucked into a no win zillion page discussion on religion, lol. Just two thoughts as I drive past.....

Thought One: If it takes two, in your opinion, to be irresponsible and make a baby, should it take two to choose to kill the baby as well?

Thought Two: Had a friend a few years ago that found out his wife had been screwing around on him when she transmitted a std to him. He ended up finding out she had slept with 11 people for sure, probably more. He tried to deal with the mental anguish of losing the love of his life like that, but never could come to grips with it, even after consulting with therapists. He ended his life with a rebel yell and a gunshot. I know of another friend whose wife was sleeping around on him, she just ended their marriage after 20 years. My point being, it happens, and horndogs exist on both sides of the fence.

I've never understood the mentality of screwing around on your spouse. It's not just about honor, and integrity; your spouse is supposed to be your friend. -shrugs-

•••
Should it take two to choose to kill the baby as well?
Who's killing babies?

I've never understood the mentality of screwing around on your spouse. It's not just about honor, and integrity; your spouse is supposed to be your friend. -shrugs-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2f-MZ2HRHQ"]Cool Hand Luke - Failure to Communicate - YouTube[/ame]

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

"They want to have abortions? I have no problem, but when I have to help pay for them (with some exceptions) then I and millions have a problem with it. Why should I pay for someone's lack of responsibility?

This is the first time I've ever heard a financial argument anti-abortion considering how much costs are weighted in the other direction.

Good luck with this unique angle.

I'm so glad I reopened this thread.. it's so much fun.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back