IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Archangel

randypendleton.comTop Member
Impact
This thread was created to bring a local new story to light, which can be viewed below:

JACKSON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio school district decided Tuesday night to keep a portrait of Jesus hanging in the school where it's been 65 years, denying a federal lawsuit's claim the portrait's display unconstitutionally promotes religion in a public school.

The Jackson City Schools board offered a constitutional justification of its own in voting 4-0 to keep the portrait up in its middle school, saying it must protect students' free speech rights. The vote drew cheers and applause from the dozens of people gathered in the elementary school gymnasium.

Read all of it here: http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-school-b...xzBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQR0ZXN0A1Rlc3RfQUZD;_ylv=3

I posted his here @ NP to see what ppl had to say on the issue. As it turns out, this sparked many debates. I've considered closing this thread but after multiple suggestions, I decided to keep it open. Feel free to join in the topics but per forum rules, please refrain from obscene, threatening, rude, or insulting posts.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Actually, I do.
I knew the feel-good reason: "... a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers." But I looked it up anyway and found my understanding only scratched the surface of the many ugly situations and reaons that contributed to the official holiday legislation.

If you knew about stuff like the Chicago Pullman Railway situation and the troops sent by President Cleveland, and the scores of deaths that resulted, I commend you. I would guess less than 10% of Americans do.

•••
•••

Legally selling fetal tissue for medical research with permission from the patient. Nobody is going in there and saying, Let me get one of those legs, a couple arms, how about that ear etc.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/15/health/planned-parenthood-undercover-video/

The Blaze and Glenn Beck, haha. Just reminds us all how some religious people/organizations try to get in the way of medical research (progress) that might save lives one day, even theirs.

Last edited:
•••
Reminds me of the whole stem-cell research debate.

•••
Reminds me of the whole stem-cell research debate.
Wish there weren't a debate. It would be nice to know if stem cell therapy works and if one type of stem cell works better or if adult stem cells grown for yourself work better than fetal tissue from a family member or a non-relative. I wouldn't hesitate at all if presented with a chance to participate in a trial.

•••
Stem cell research had been very helpful. If it could cure my genetic disorder, of course I'd support it.I've never been in the "it's murder!" boat.

Wish there weren't a debate. It would be nice to know if stem cell therapy works and if one type of stem cell works better or if adult stem cells grown for yourself work better than fetal tissue from a family member or a non-relative. I wouldn't hesitate at all if presented with a chance to participate in a trial.

•••
It's hard to be against research when research is your only hope.

•••
It's hard to be against research when research is your only hope.
abortion,+selling+soul,+LL101.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Did you mean to show an image or an x?

•••
•••
•••
No offense GILSAN, but you aren't even American. You can (and do) argue religion, but you've really no place to enter American politics

•••
No offense GILSAN, but you aren't even American. You can (and do) argue religion, but you've really no place to enter American politics
Yes I can. Don't try to shut me up because it won't work. Others have tried it without success and the same will happen with you. American politics affects the world, so yes I can have my say in it and believe me... I will
Besides, I did live in the US for 7 years, so I'm not totally ignorant of what happens in Planet USA

•••
Of course: you make nonsensical rants that are typically so dumb, ppl just leave you on your own so you'd think you've won lol But no, you have no place in American politics--at least not domestic issues. Foreign policy on the other hand...

Yes I can. Don't try to shut me up because it won't work. Others have tried it without success and the same will happen with you. American politics affects the world, so yes I can have my say in it and believe me... I will
Besides, I did live in the US for 7 years, so I'm not totally ignorant of what happens in Planet USA

•••
Of course: you make nonsensical rants that are typically so dumb, ppl just leave you on your own so you'd think you've won lol But no, you have no place in American politics--at least not domestic issues. Foreign policy on the other hand...
You're obviously NOT a man of your word. A few weeks ago you said on this thread that you were done with me, that you were gonna ignore me.

Then you go on to the STS Thread and insult me. Now you decided to stop ignoring me on this thread to insult me again.

You know where you can shove your hypocrisy and opinion, don't you?... or do you want me to be more specific?

Last edited:
•••
How about we get back to the topic that makes this thread fun: The equal opportunity mocking of each other's religious and non-religious beliefs in a futile attempt at proving whose beliefs and God(s) are the "real" ones.

Last edited:
•••
A very recent Islamic demonstration in Luton, United Kingdom against British police. The demonstrators chant "Britain go to hell", "British Police go to hell". They are sending the whole of United Kingdom to hell: including Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Though with one exception. Only one British institution has to stay: Social welfare... so they can milk it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=245&v=wSsCCx2pVXo

•••
A very recent Islamic demonstration in Luton, United Kingdom against British police. The demonstrators chant "Britain go to hell", "British Police go to hell". They are sending the whole of United Kingdom to hell: including Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Though with one exception. Only one British institution has to stay: Social welfare... so they can milk it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=245&v=wSsCCx2pVXo

Although I understand the point you're trying to make, I also see progress in expanding the Muslim way of thinking and acting. They didn't make the rules; Great Britain did. They are simply utilizing the freedoms not allowed in their home countries.The more Westernized they become, the more Western ways they will want in their countries. That means change.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••

I'm a straight male, and I am disappointed that right wing conservative Christians would stoop so low as to deny a Christian teenager birth control at a local pharmacy because of their religious beliefs. The lack of freedom goes both ways: To deny a teenager birth control dramatically increases the chance of unwanted pregnancy and the likelihood of an abortion (legal or not). Irony and hypocrisy at its worst.

•••
I'm a straight male, and I am disappointed that right wing conservative Christians would stoop so low as to deny a Christian teenager birth control at a local pharmacy because of their religious beliefs. The lack of freedom goes both ways: To deny a teenager birth control dramatically increases the chance of unwanted pregnancy and the likelihood of an abortion (legal or not). Irony and hypocrisy at its worst.
Are you talking about yourself? I thought you were an adult, not a teenager. And if you are a teenager, how old are you? 12, 13?

•••
Are you talking about yourself? I thought you were an adult, not a teenager. And if you are a teenager, how old are you? 12, 13?[/QUOTE

I suppose I should be used to receiving personal insults when you can't address inconvenient double standards like Christian pharmacies refusing to provide birth control because of religious beliefs.

•••
I suppose I should be used to receiving personal insults when you can't address inconvenient double standards like Christian pharmacies refusing to provide birth control because of religious beliefs
Not an insult. Just asking if that quote is from you or someone else? It appears to be from you

•••
Not an insult. Just asking if that quote is from you or someone else? It appears to be from you
Well, let's see . . . . If you really don't have any idea of my age from the stuff in my postings, let's look at what I can't be. If I were 12 (like you didn't mean as an insult), I would have been two years old when I joined NP and started posting, as I'm sure you've noticed by my avatar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back