Dynadot

The reason domainers are hated worldwide, on the web.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

moale

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I'm not sure if you all know, (well some of you do) those of you whom have surpassed the stage of just being a domainer and developed, monetized and done real business online through whatever space, niche, or platform you are working on.

Do you know what it takes to develop a domain and make it a success? It takes years of failure, it takes learning front and backend web development (in my case), it takes trying 100s of new ideas and failing for over a decade before finally making it work.

What do you all do? You buy cheap, hoard and sell astronomically high. You are despised amongst just about every marketing circle, development community and well, the entire internet in general. I mean really, people hate domainers. I'm not sure some of you know this so let it be known - you are not loved on this internet.

And due to your greed, and the greed of registrars, you have contributed to the dilution of the domain game by causing registrars to come out with 100000000 new tld's so the average Joe can stand a chance at having a unique web property and not have to pay a company like hugedomains 20k for handjob123.com

That's all, I think most of you have lost your minds, I think that most of you are greedy and that a large majority of you could NEVER cut it with marketing, development or design hence why you rely on such basic tactics of monetization to survive.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
At the end of the day, I am mostly better than all of you at making money online.

I dedicated a lifetime to be able to say that. Nothing any of you say much matters to me.
May I ask, what businesses you roll in?!

Curious; if you claim that you should put it to the test 😉
Just fair.

Last edited:
•••
Same thing we can say about end users/buyers.
Why should domainers sell them to people like you for cents, when you may make even more using such a domain?
It's not fair, I was myself an end user some years ago and I know how angry i was that i did not own itesla/com, I even contacted it's owner at that moment and wrote him a bad message, it's his domain he decide for how much to sell it. This was the moment when i knew that I will return to domains in the near future, I felt there is potential in buying/selling domains, now I m here and writing it, yeah I knew I will be here domaining.

•••
May I ask, what businesses you roll in?!

Curious; if you claim that you should put it to the test 😉
Just fair.
Adult dating, cams and niched paysites. Both owning my own offer and working with companies as an affiliate.

•••
I do agree on the statement that domainers are despised by a lot of people.

Whether that opinion is supported by reason rather than emotion is another story.

•••
Slow clap. Congrats on being better than all of us domainers who haven't ascended to the God level developers ascend to. We all appreciate that you keep posting about it repeatedly with name-dropping, yacht-dropping and whatever other droppings you perceive as proof that you're superior. That's definitely the kind of thing a well-balanced person does in a forum to prove a point. Too bad learning web development and failing for over a decade is something everybody must choose to do with their life (you decided) even if they can make 5-8 figures selling domains with much less work and struggles. Good for that 4L seller. The early bird gets the worm. No worm for you unless you pay the early bird. Welcome to Capitalism.

Last edited:
•••
This is basically the b1tching thread where everybody gets everything off their chest that's bugging them. Ok, here's my bug bear. Wasps. (Did you see what I did there? Bug bear/wasps haha :ROFL:or:unsure:?). Bees, I get that. Wasps, hell no.
Wasps are pollinators too so bug off and leave them alone LOL!!!

•••
Wasps are pollinators too so bug off and leave them alone LOL!!!
It's a rare event that we disgaree Mr Stagg but on this sole occasion I bid you take your yellow and black jacketed friends and BUGger off with them! :xf.wink:

•••
•••
•••
OP you make some awesome points.
You picked a hella tough crowd.
God help you on this one. Glad to see you're not banned and still going.
Nobody ever wants to acknowledge that their biz model is sandbagging at scale.
Namepros has better free speech than most of the internet these days.

Since you care so much. Plz make some proactive suggestions for us dumb people where we can make some low effort less sand baggy $.

•••
Joined Saturday
ppp.png

... blowing the roof off of the previous NPs record. 🏆

•••
What would happen is we all released all our domains today or priced them all $20?

People with ideas would buy them, most people will never develop anything on them (even people that pay 5+ figures that intend to develop, never do) and they will hold it for years.

I think that when people pay more for a name they have a higher chance of developing and building a business. We do a big service by charging properly.

As far as hate, people that own a rental home in addition to their own home are hated, people that own more than one car are hates, hate is everywhere and so is misery, because hateful people are miserable and the root of it all is jealousy.

•••
I think that when people pay more for a name they have a higher chance of developing and building a business.
Only where there are additional investors. $5 or $500 makes no odds to the domainer with limitless pockets. Desire and need are the keys which unlock the door between poverty and wealth. What does your heart desire and what do you urgently need? 🔑🗝️

Last edited:
•••
Attorneys aren't liked. Tax people aren't liked. Dentists and medical providers charge too much and aren't liked. Real estate investors are not liked. Politicians are not liked. I could go on.

If domainers are not liked, then I guess they are in good company.

Last edited:
•••
Domains are internet real estate.

Since early they were up for grabs, there is this misconception that they should still be free and up for grabs.

That's not going to happen anymore - ever. Wild west days are long gone now, for domains too.

Just like land, best pieces of stuff are most expensive - regardless of what the stuff is.

(Dumb) people hate domainers simply because they want something valuable for free or dirt cheap. Yeah, won't happen. Try getting gold for free. Or land. Or a Ferrari, or whatever.

When you want something valuable, regardless of field, be prepared to pay up. Someone else probably owns it already. Tough luck.

Hater: You'd better hate yourself as you are now, cause you are poor, envious and obviously not educated.

Rather grow up, pull yourself up and do something for yourself. Hate won't help you.

Make yourself ABLE to buy whatever you need, including a premium domain which are still way too cheap for 2022.

Last edited:
•••
My envy? I am invited to tables at private shut off 5 star restaurants in the Bellagio by billionaire network owners. I've made it to the top, I am jealous of no man, I am annoyed at greed and unintelligent hoarders. I'm not rich, I'm up, I'm down, it's a down time but I still probably earned more than 99% of this forum yesterday while I slept.

I am lucky that I rarely experience jealousy in life, I am thankful for that.
connect.com - that's a cool name, 10m that's awesome, I'm not against that at all. I'm annoyed some douche holding 10k llll.coms and being able to demand 50k each.
You should look up

ThatNameGuy

It sounds like you two would get along great.

•••
At the end of the day, I am mostly better than all of you at making money online.

I dedicated a lifetime to be able to say that. Nothing any of you say much matters to me.

I'm genuinely fascinated by this.

Why are you competing?

If you're competing, you're comparing. Why?

If you're comparing - you're measuring?

And what are you measuring with? Is it real - or artificial?

•••
I'm not sure if you all know, (well some of you do) those of you whom have surpassed the stage of just being a domainer and developed, monetized and done real business online through whatever space, niche, or platform you are working on.

Do you know what it takes to develop a domain and make it a success? It takes years of failure, it takes learning front and backend web development (in my case), it takes trying 100s of new ideas and failing for over a decade before finally making it work.

What do you all do? You buy cheap, hoard and sell astronomically high. You are despised amongst just about every marketing circle, development community and well, the entire internet in general. I mean really, people hate domainers. I'm not sure some of you know this so let it be known - you are not loved on this internet.

And due to your greed, and the greed of registrars, you have contributed to the dilution of the domain game by causing registrars to come out with 100000000 new tld's so the average Joe can stand a chance at having a unique web property and not have to pay a company like hugedomains 20k for handjob123.com

That's all, I think most of you have lost your minds, I think that most of you are greedy and that a large majority of you could NEVER cut it with marketing, development or design hence why you rely on such basic tactics of monetization to survive.
I'm not even mad at you for being mad. I will get a bit of flak for this, but I started in the opposite direction with web development before I transitioned over into domaining. Developing a domain name into a successful website is damn hard work, no matter what the niche is.

At that same token, buy low, sell high when it comes to something speculative(and not just in domaining, but stocks, crypto, art, whatever your interests may be) are just a part of business/investing in general.

Sure, marketers, developers, or whoever may hate the fact that someone could charge way more to turn a profit on a name. I hated it myself when I had a good idea for a niche, but a name was taken and out of reach for how much money it would cost me. The more I dived in domaining, the more it made sense for the fact that with every domain, you are building a brand around that. And what does branding cost? Money. Capitalism in its finest form.

Just the name of the game. I don't know exactly what brought you here to unleash your rage, but there are better ways to use your time. I wish you luck on whatever journey you find yourself upon.

•••

@moale and @redemo Lets say you both the super experienced successful domain developers , Then you should help and benefit others at NP community by start giving free lessons in details about how to develop domains for profit from A to Z , Otherwise you both will be hated worldwide !!

•••
I am sorry people think were squatters.
Sorry that verisign woman thinks were scalpers. Could find the article but we all remember it.
Gotta admit if a normal person
( non domainer whatever a domainer is)
Happened to see a video or article on xyz and punched in some names he may have to pay 10000 to 100,000 times the reg fee
They dont know it exists yet. I was in macPukes asking complete strangers if they knew what .xyz was. Nope
Work. Nope.
Is this Op gonna pass @WNC HOLDINGS
either or to enter this game you gotta have a thick wad.
Were hated alright geez i hope am in topic be another thread starting post.

•••
@moale You are ranting and raving about the subject, so it's pretty clear to me that you think that domaining business model is somehow unfair. But let me ask you a question - how, in your eyes, does this model should be looking like?

Let me guess right away - $150 per year registration fee for the domain name? Artificial regulation? It is artificially regulated now as well of course, but now it's on a level that everyone can afford the cost.

Or another solution: one person - one domain, right? But hey then, why stop there? Let's do it with cars and houses, even clothes. One person - one pair of jeans. How come domaining is ''worse'' than other industries?

See where I am going to with this? It's easy to say - model is shit, you all greedy bastards, let's burn this motherfucka to the ground. And then what? What are alternatives?

You clearly spotted value in the domain you want. So, the asset has value, thus cost attached. Works absolutely like every other asset or good (whether material or not) in this world, isn't it?

So, go ahead, offer the alternative to the model. Suggestion box wide open. And if you can't - you have to admit that all your rage is like being pissed off at a rain outside your house.

Last edited:
•••
If these marketing people are such geniuses and despise domainers so much then why didn't they start investing in domains early so that they are ready for their projects?

I write websites, perhaps I am an exception, that front and back end stuff you talked about in the OP, I do that all day long, but I am also clever enough to have amassed a sizeable number of domains for projects I have dreamt up.

I do it way ahead of time and I spend hours scouting out decent names. I have never had to spend 20k on some rubbish, there's always someone willing to sell a good domain (subjective, I know) for a fair price.

These marketing people need to get a little more savvy.

It would be rather a uninteresting and boring process too, if I were forced to just go to a bunch of registrars and big companies to find domains because they had it all sown up.

I've spoken to all sorts of people, entrepreneurs, domains etc. Bought from big and small companies to buy .coms.
It would not be the same when scouting for the new gTLDs, I can tell you now.

If the domain is good, they are all held back by by the big boys (big companies), they are expensive if they are decent and you have to stump up large sums year after year in high renewal fees. Conversely .COM is a space that has grown organically, so many people have a hand in, what could be better than that?

•••
OP you make some awesome points.
You picked a hella tough crowd.
God help you on this one. Glad to see you're not banned and still going.
Nobody ever wants to acknowledge that their biz model is sandbagging at scale.
Namepros has better free speech than most of the internet these days.

Since you care so much. Plz make some proactive suggestions for us dumb people where we can make some low effort less sand baggy $.
Humans, often as a whole, cannot accept the truth and lie to themselves. People are angry because I'm making them think and come to some self realizations.

•••
Also, being a coder/designer, that's nothing too. Really, most of them are plebs as well. The ones who really make it can do all of it, and then CONVERT the traffic into a profitable marketing campaign with exceptional ROI.

Most of you cannot and will not ever be able to do that, hell don't feel bad, most developers and designers won't either!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back