Dynadot

The reason domainers are hated worldwide, on the web.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

moale

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I'm not sure if you all know, (well some of you do) those of you whom have surpassed the stage of just being a domainer and developed, monetized and done real business online through whatever space, niche, or platform you are working on.

Do you know what it takes to develop a domain and make it a success? It takes years of failure, it takes learning front and backend web development (in my case), it takes trying 100s of new ideas and failing for over a decade before finally making it work.

What do you all do? You buy cheap, hoard and sell astronomically high. You are despised amongst just about every marketing circle, development community and well, the entire internet in general. I mean really, people hate domainers. I'm not sure some of you know this so let it be known - you are not loved on this internet.

And due to your greed, and the greed of registrars, you have contributed to the dilution of the domain game by causing registrars to come out with 100000000 new tld's so the average Joe can stand a chance at having a unique web property and not have to pay a company like hugedomains 20k for handjob123.com

That's all, I think most of you have lost your minds, I think that most of you are greedy and that a large majority of you could NEVER cut it with marketing, development or design hence why you rely on such basic tactics of monetization to survive.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's not easy, but it's nothing compared to actually launching and developing a successful product/website.

The Connect.com public sale for $10M has you pissed huh?
It would be so much better to launch and develop on Connect.com.

Imagine the amount of monthly organic traffic that will flow to the site.

VCs will beg to throw money at the new project next year.

I understand your envy, as launching and developing on inferior extensions suck. But keep saving, and one day you might have a one word dot-Com EMD or category killer that gets you there.

•••
Who hurt you?
Have 8 hours straight to not speak and listen? :ROFL:

Domain was esva.com (eastern shore of virginia) aka one of the most economically depressed and non prosperous parts of the US.

•••
The Connect.com public sale for $10M has you pissed huh?
It would be so much better to launch and develop on Connect.com.

Imagine the amount of monthly organic traffic that will flow to the site.

VCs will beg to throw money at the new project next year.

I understand your envy, as launching and developing on inferior extensions suck. But keep saving, and one day you might have a one word dot-Com EMD or category killer that gets you there.
My envy? I am invited to tables at private shut off 5 star restaurants in the Bellagio by billionaire network owners. I've made it to the top, I am jealous of no man, I am annoyed at greed and unintelligent hoarders. I'm not rich, I'm up, I'm down, it's a down time but I still probably earned more than 99% of this forum yesterday while I slept.

I am lucky that I rarely experience jealousy in life, I am thankful for that.
connect.com - that's a cool name, 10m that's awesome, I'm not against that at all. I'm annoyed some douche holding 10k llll.coms and being able to demand 50k each.

•••

Domain was esva.com (eastern shore of virginia) aka one of the most economically depressed and non prosperous parts of the US.

Thousands of high quality domains expire and drop daily.
Don't fall in love with 1 or 10 domains, improve your strategy and get better results.

Your envy, pessimism, and negative attitude will only sink you further into a pit of despair.

Step away from the domain industry for a few months, or forever.

It gets better(y)

•••
Thousands of high quality domains expire and drop daily.
Don't fall in love with 1 or 10 domains, improve your strategy and get better results.

Your envy, pessimism, and negative attitude will only sink you further into a pit of despair.

Step away from the domain industry for a few months, or forever.

It gets better(y)
"Envy"

Go ask the owners of maxbounty.com revolutionforce.com clickloop.com (formerly vipoffers) why I would ever need to envy a domainer. Noob.

•••

Well, it happens.

There is a domain I have been trying to acquire for over 20+ years now.

The domain is not in use, and I would be shocked if it went for more than a few hundred at auction.
I have offered five figures for it, but never even got a proper counter back. Just a no thanks.

I wish this was owned by a domainer.

Domain investors do serve a role when it comes to domains finding end users.

Much of the "greed" is more to do with lack of education IMO. A lot of domain investors have limited experience when it comes to selling domains and dealing with actual end users.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
My envy? I am invited to tables at private shut off 5 star restaurants in the Bellagio by billionaire network owners. I've made it to the top, I am jealous of no man, I am annoyed at greed and unintelligent hoarders. I'm not rich, I'm up, I'm down, it's a down time but I still probably earned more than 99% of this forum yesterday while I slept.

I am lucky that I rarely experience jealousy in life, I am thankful for that.
connect.com - that's a cool name, 10m that's awesome, I'm not against that at all. I'm annoyed some douche holding 10k llll.coms and being able to demand 50k each.

Billionaires are greedy, unless they inherited the billions from a greedy relative or person and give it away.
Why spend time with greedy billionaire hoarders, but complain about 'hoarding'?

Nobody is hated more than those at the top of an industry, no matter how they got there.

If you are so financially successful and have billionaire networks, go buy 25 LLL.com and turn it into a cool million.

You call it annoyed, but everyone sees you are seething with envy because you want to be the douche owning those thousands of LLL.com gold.

•••
Well, it happens.

There is a domain I have been trying acquire for over 20+ years now.

The domain is not in use, and I would be shocked if it went for more than a few hundred at auction.
I have offered five figures for it, but never even got a proper counter back. Just a no thanks.

I wish this was own by a domainer.

Domain investors do serve a role when it comes to domains finding end users.

Much of the "greed" is more to do with lack of education IMO. A lot of domain investors have limited experience when it comes to dealing with actual end users.

Brad
Well said, and I can relate as esva.com is not desirable to me other than nostalgia and wanting to make a little something for the folks back home. It's insane to me that this guy turns down 12k because its "pronounceable", that is greed. Greed annoys me, I live in Baltimore City, I see first hand what greed does to a society. Anyways, you're a nice person, I appreciate you.

I started this thread to ruffle some feathers, it worked, in the form of true karma, my feathers were then ruffled back. I'm done replying to this thread. You all stay blessed.

•••
@moale - Life is short. Stop wasting your time with us losers and go enjoy your private parties and boatloads of money. Be proud that your priorities are all in order, and that you always take the high road.

•••
@moale - Life is short. Stop wasting your time with us losers and go enjoy your private parties and boatloads of money. Be proud that your priorities are all in order, and that you always take the high road.
Learn how to read.

•••
Billionaires are greedy, unless they inherited the billions from a greedy relative or person and give it away.
Why spend time with greedy billionaire hoarders, but complain about 'hoarding'?

Nobody is hated more than those at the top of an industry, no matter how they got there.

If you are so financially successful and have billionaire networks, go buy 25 LLL.com and turn it into a cool million.

You call it annoyed, but everyone sees you are seething with envy because you want to be the douche owning those thousands of LLL.com gold.

Because my aunt who was like my mother, committed suicide last year and I stopped working and blew around 3-500k. As I said, since none of you can read, life is ups and downs, i'm down, and real enough to admit that but my down is still more up than a majority here. I'm typing this from a window floor to ceiling corner apartment in Baltimore's most affluent neighborhood with the sickest bmw in the city parked in the garage, next to ravens and orioles players. I'm good trust me. I have nothing to prove to a domainer hoarder, you are not able to do what I do and I am not greedy enough to be able to do what you do. Good day pleb.

•••
Do you know what it takes to develop a domain and make it a success? It takes years of failure, it takes learning front and backend web development (in my case), it takes trying 100s of new ideas and failing for over a decade before finally making it work.
They are far too lazy to develop their domain names :ROFL:. I mean that kinda tongue-in-cheek. It's up to the individual domainer how they monetise their domains. Why are you so bothered anyway dude? It's just a domain name, and there's an endless supply of em.

Last edited:
•••
Learn how to read.
Learn how to treat people. There are real individuals behind these posts. Most don't deserve your insults.

•••
Learn how to treat people. There are real individuals behind these posts. Most don't deserve your insults.
You are correct, in a temporary state of anger I have attacked an entire community, however, it is the majority that conducts their business in such a way.

I extend apologies to anyone that I have offended, we are all in different stages of our journey.

•••
They are far too lazy to develop their domain names.

I am too lazy to do a lot of things. :)

If I thought development was right for me I would do it more.

For me though it is time and energy consuming, and just not enjoyable.
I prefer to focus my time on things I enjoy.

If you have a passion for development, go for it.

Brad

•••
They are far too lazy to develop their domain names.
I don't think anyone here begrudges the people who develop sites. Why would you go out of your way to insult people who prioritize other things? Family, friends, hobbies... Full-time jobs?

Find a way to enjoy your passions without belittling those of others. You'll be a happier person.

•••
You are correct, in a temporary state of anger I have attacked an entire community, however, it is the majority that conducts their business in such a way.

I extend apologies to anyone that I have offended, we are all in different stages of our journey.
I'm devastated by your posts, and really, really offended. This will haunt me forever.

•••
Why would you go out of your way to insult people who prioritize other things?
Calling somebody lazy isn't an insult in my country. I think people are taking this thread far far too seriously. So we're hated worldwide online? Big deal, move on, and register some more domain names! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

•••
Because my aunt who was like my mother, committed suicide last year and I stopped working and blew around 3-500k.
Very sorry to hear this. That's enough to send anyone in a tailspin.

•••
Yeah point is, no one likes a domainer.

/end thread

•••
Very sorry to hear this. That's enough to send anyone in a tailspin.
Thank you 🙏 I clocked out mentally. But the beauty of having spent a lifetime of this, is that whenever I chose, I can snap back to earnings thousands of dollars per day. I'm going to unfollow thread, you all take care.

•••
I'm not sure if you all know, (well some of you do) those of you whom have surpassed the stage of just being a domainer and developed, monetized and done real business online through whatever space, niche, or platform you are working on.

What do you all do? You buy cheap, hoard and sell astronomically high. You are despised amongst just about every marketing circle, development community and well, the entire internet in general. I mean really, people hate domainers. I'm not sure some of you know this so let it be known - you are not loved on this internet.

And due to your greed, and the greed of registrars, you have contributed to the dilution of the domain game by causing registrars to come out with 100000000 new tld's so the average Joe can stand a chance at having a unique web property and not have to pay a company like hugedomains 20k for handjob123.com

That's all, I think most of you have lost your minds, I think that most of you are greedy and that a large majority of you could NEVER cut it with marketing, development or design hence why you rely on such basic tactics of monetization to survive.
buying a regged domain name for your project, is too expensive for you?!

THIS is what you call free markets.

Domains are a good, for a good reason ;)

If you really need a name for a website for reg fee costs, then you have to be more creative.

I understand when some teenager-coders are angry, when they try to dev. something, and would like to have a regged domain...
but if you are a little longer on planet earth, you know that with a little work (&debt, yes) you can do that.
debt, if you really think your project is worth it.

Most (good) names are in the range of 500-5000$; so for every serious developer this is NOT too expensive, or puts his dream to an end.

So c'mon,....

Last edited:
•••
Calling somebody lazy isn't an insult in my country. I think people are taking this thread far far too seriously. So we're hated worldwide online? Big deal, move on, and register some more domain names! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
The person you're calling lazy might disagree...

On a personal level, I agree. Forum spats should roll off us like water. But on a community level, it's important to remember that we're all human, and most of us are here to learn, support, and be supported in pursuit of a more-or-less common goal.

•••
They hate us because we have things they want.

If anything, investors curate domains in a way where better domains find better end users, and the internet is polluted with less garbage development projects.

Brad
Brad pretty much nailed this, I agree

Disagree with domain investors being hated worldwide @moale, bit extreme. This is a business, companies pay what they're willing to pay. I'm not really the type to shed a tear for capitalism, that's just how it is. If an investor is able to maximise their ROI, good on them

Last edited:
•••
buying a regged domain name for your project, is too expensive for you?!

THIS is what you call free markets.

Domains are a good, for a good reason ;)

If you really need a name for a website for reg fee costs, then you have to be more creative.

I understand when some teenager-coders are angry, when they try to dev. something, and would like to have a regged domain...
but if you are a little longer on planet earth, you know that with a little work (&debt, yes) you can do that.
debt, if you really think your project is worth it.

Most (good) names are in the range of 500-5000$; so for every serious developer this is NOT too expensive, or puts his dream to an end.

So c'mon,....
For sure totally agree, have committed to $13k in domain purchases my first 72 hours back here on installments, and another 11k last week for a domain that basically is regfee, but fitting for what I want to build. Also looking for other premium.com or lll.com domains if anyone wants to talk.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back