IT.COM

The reason domainers are hated worldwide, on the web.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

moale

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I'm not sure if you all know, (well some of you do) those of you whom have surpassed the stage of just being a domainer and developed, monetized and done real business online through whatever space, niche, or platform you are working on.

Do you know what it takes to develop a domain and make it a success? It takes years of failure, it takes learning front and backend web development (in my case), it takes trying 100s of new ideas and failing for over a decade before finally making it work.

What do you all do? You buy cheap, hoard and sell astronomically high. You are despised amongst just about every marketing circle, development community and well, the entire internet in general. I mean really, people hate domainers. I'm not sure some of you know this so let it be known - you are not loved on this internet.

And due to your greed, and the greed of registrars, you have contributed to the dilution of the domain game by causing registrars to come out with 100000000 new tld's so the average Joe can stand a chance at having a unique web property and not have to pay a company like hugedomains 20k for handjob123.com

That's all, I think most of you have lost your minds, I think that most of you are greedy and that a large majority of you could NEVER cut it with marketing, development or design hence why you rely on such basic tactics of monetization to survive.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the compliments.

•••
Everyone who is mad at me in this thread should stop and think, "why am I mad?"

The points I raise are irrefutable facts. You are mad because you want to be able to develop, code, design and monetize. Jealousy is a weak emotion.

I am glad that I almost never experience it life.

•••
Sometimes I hate other domainers for the domains they own, but I m patient, I have already drop catch some of their jewels. :xf.wink:

•••
My son buys loads of pairs of sneakers and sell them for a profit

All the same thing...buying a product and selling it for a profit. It's called business.

^^ This

So following the logic of the OP, the whole e-commerce sector is hated online and it is a questionable practice.

•••
I don't know any better and faster way to collect as many downvotes and dislikes in the shortest time possible than opening a thread on a domaining forum about how bad people domainers are :)

•••
I don't know any better and faster way to collect as many downvotes and dislikes in the shortest time possible than opening a thread on a domaining forum about how bad people domainers are :)
Tell people how bad xyz really is.

•••
So it's all about development and providing value. How about sites developed to sell domains? Does the internet love them? Or it's just that only folks who have more money than time, and are looking for creative ideas are grateful? If you land on a domain name, you want it, and have no rights, there is probably some market value there. Why the registries are marking certain terms as premium? Do they see some kind of inherent marketing/branding value? #CoolDevelopmentIdeas

•••
I'm sure the op knows that most large companies (including GoDaddy) have their own domain portfolios. Many of which hold the most valuable domain assets on the planet.

If the op researches the domain sales of said companies, he/she would see that those companies sell their domain names for much more than reg fee. So I suppose those companies are hated too?

Makes no sense. Since the op is a domainer, he/she should educate his colleagues on the facts.

•••
Well, it happens.

There is a domain I have been trying to acquire for over 20+ years now.

The domain is not in use, and I would be shocked if it went for more than a few hundred at auction.
I have offered five figures for it, but never even got a proper counter back. Just a no thanks.

I wish this was owned by a domainer.

Domain investors do serve a role when it comes to domains finding end users.

Much of the "greed" is more to do with lack of education IMO. A lot of domain investors have limited experience when it comes to selling domains and dealing with actual end users.

Brad
I chose the .net domain for my business as the .com was not in use and for sale for $3k and I couldnt afford it. It is now 6 months later and the seller has put the price up to $14k. I defo cant afford that.

•••
At the end of the day, I am mostly better than all of you at making money online.

I dedicated a lifetime to be able to say that. Nothing any of you say much matters to me.
Troll said..

•••
What would happen is we all released all our domains today or priced them all $20?

People with ideas would buy them, most people will never develop anything on them (even people that pay 5+ figures that intend to develop, never do) and they will hold it for years.

I think that when people pay more for a name they have a higher chance of developing and building a business. We do a big service by charging properly.

As far as hate, people that own a rental home in addition to their own home are hated, people that own more than one car are hates, hate is everywhere and so is misery, because hateful people are miserable and the root of it all is jealousy.
Yes!. I know tons of people who really hate landlords for the same reasons as the op mentioned

•••
Since the admins like to keep negative threads alive, I will go ahead and say this.

Until any of you have put up six figure months in affiliate marketing, shut your mouths. You're not on my level.

Good day.
@moale - When you're in a better headspace, I hope you'll return to the forum and stick around for awhile to make some positive contributions.

No doubt you have a lot of great insights to offer, and those just getting into domains and developing could really benefit from your experience.

•••
I chose the .net domain for my business as the .com was not in use and for sale for $3k and I couldnt afford it. It is now 6 months later and the seller has put the price up to $14k. I defo cant afford that.
Sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. That is the empathy that this community, as a whole, lacks. Whenever I feel like I get a domain too cheap, and I flip it (when I was a domainer 100%) I would always send the seller some extra money after I made my money.

Last edited:
•••
@moale - When you're in a better headspace, I hope you'll return to the forum and stick around for awhile to make some positive contributions.

No doubt you have a lot of great insights to offer, and those just getting into domains and developing could really benefit from your experience.
Thanks, I appreciate it. As you said, need a better headspace. This thread is the mere results of someone who has dabbled in domains off and on since 2001, and has just returned since selling his last lll.com around 2011. I am shocked at the greed, the hoarding and the rise in prices.

05 - lll.com with crappy letters was under 1k
10 - lll.com with crappy letters was 3-5k
22 - lll.com with crappy letters is 15k and up

05 - lll.com with good letters 2k - 5k
10 - lll.com with good letters 7k - 15k
22 - lll.com with good letters 50k and up!?

wild.

Last edited:
•••
Sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. That is the empathy that this community, as a whole, lacks. Whenever I feel like I get a domain too cheap, and I flip it (when I was a domainer 100%) I would always send the seller some extra money after I made my money.
community lacks empathy? Ever see how cheap most domainers give away their prized assets? There are some deals that should be considered charity.

This community also has payment plans that are easy, let's people minimize risk.

If all industries would be as nice and kind as domaining, there would be peace in the world.

There are exceptions, but most people here are nice and helpful and very generous.

•••
community lacks empathy? Ever see how cheap most domainers give away their prized assets? There are some deals that should be considered charity.

This community also has payment plans that are easy, let's people minimize risk.

If all industries would be as nice and kind as domaining, there would be peace in the world.

There are exceptions, but most people here are nice and helpful and very generous.
lol nice and kind, pfff domainers are right there on the level of pawn brokers.

•••
lol nice and kind, pfff domainers are right there on the level of pawn brokers.
Domainers spend a lot of time finding one good name and then spend years in many cases holding on to the name for the right buyer. The amount of work a domainer puts in is incredible before we have one opportunity to buy something within our range. Most of what we buy will never sell even if we want to sell it for 10 bucks. When you study the real work of a serious domainer, you come to appreciate the work ethics and honesty.

•••
Its pure business .. domainers take risk .. buys 100s of them out of which 1 or 2 get sales ..

after all everything and everyone need is money

one word : its business , everything is fair in war and business

•••
Its pure business .. domainers take risk .. buys 100s of them out of which 1 or 2 get sales ..

after all everything and everyone need is money

one word : its business , everything is fair in war and business
Yes, like using pretty girls pictures to social engineer potential clients/trades into being softer.

•••
I wonder how many people here have had their first six figure month with affiliate marketing? All off of a domain that was regged in 2 mins. lulz

•••
•••
I wonder how many people here have had their first six figure month with affiliate marketing? All off of a domain that was regged in 2 mins. lulz
I don't believe you earned $100000 in one month. You wouldn't be ranting and raving on a forum if that was the case.

imo

•••
I don't believe you earned $100000 in one month. You wouldn't be ranting and raving on a forum if that was the case.

imo
contact the owner of cpalead com maxbounty com revolutionforce com clickloop com

avn com/galleries/internext-affil4you-bowling-suite-hard-rock-hotel-vegas-617322

that's me at a private industry event on avn

kthx

My username Moale, represents 300 years of some of the most prominent families in American history. I'm just doing what those before me did.

Last edited:
•••
You cannot hate domainers until you can define the word domainer, so until that happens this thread is pointless. Also, where's this data saying domainers are hated? So far it's emotion and opinion but no facts.

•••
You cannot hate domainers until you can define the word domainer, so until that happens this thread is pointless. Also, where's this data saying domainers are hated? So far it's emotion and opinion but no facts.
At this point I'm not taking this thread or anyone's feelings seriously as I requested this entire thread be deleted so that the negativity could cease, the admins chose to keep it alive to keep pageviews high and bounce rates low, etc.

So, since it's that type of party, let's party.

Domainers (most of them) remind me of those guys at flea markets, they spend their entire days searching craigslist, or anywhere really, to find a deal, buy low, and sell high.

I will give domainers credit, it's not easy and it's not easy to HOLD and not SELL, but really, domaining is like, entry level internet money type shhhh.

It is a serious business, with serious revenue to be earned, I would not be able to talk all of the junk I talk if I did not quit domaining. Props to those of you who know how to make it work.

Still doesn't mean I don't have the right to get mad about gouging, crazy prices and hoarding.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back