Dynadot

The reason domainers are hated worldwide, on the web.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

moale

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I'm not sure if you all know, (well some of you do) those of you whom have surpassed the stage of just being a domainer and developed, monetized and done real business online through whatever space, niche, or platform you are working on.

Do you know what it takes to develop a domain and make it a success? It takes years of failure, it takes learning front and backend web development (in my case), it takes trying 100s of new ideas and failing for over a decade before finally making it work.

What do you all do? You buy cheap, hoard and sell astronomically high. You are despised amongst just about every marketing circle, development community and well, the entire internet in general. I mean really, people hate domainers. I'm not sure some of you know this so let it be known - you are not loved on this internet.

And due to your greed, and the greed of registrars, you have contributed to the dilution of the domain game by causing registrars to come out with 100000000 new tld's so the average Joe can stand a chance at having a unique web property and not have to pay a company like hugedomains 20k for handjob123.com

That's all, I think most of you have lost your minds, I think that most of you are greedy and that a large majority of you could NEVER cut it with marketing, development or design hence why you rely on such basic tactics of monetization to survive.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
@Jim Holleran holy smokes you should be the poster boy of domaining.
Sure sparks up here when there is controversy and i think this is @WNC HOLDINGS who started this thread.
Dirty business thats why people think domainers are scalpers and squatters
Plus imagine if realtors at remax are reading this lol or even other normal people
Were web realtors, waiting to see a billboard with fred flinstone trying to peddle a domain.
🤪

•••
•••
Don't feed the troll. What a guy, your life should not have meaning at all, selling BS to strangers on the internet?

•••
•••
•••
@Jim Holleran holy smokes you should be the poster boy of domaining.
Sure sparks up here when there is controversy and i think this is @WNC HOLDINGS who started this thread.
Dirty business thats why people think domainers are scalpers and squatters
Plus imagine if realtors at remax are reading this lol or even other normal people
Were web realtors, waiting to see a billboard with fred flinstone trying to peddle a domain.
🤪
Sometimes you need to put the little kids in there place. Hope your doing well, semi retired myself now and wish you all the success.

•••
•••
The few that envy always leave out the curation factor. If domainers didn't own the valuable URLs they own, EVERYTHING would be owned by the registries and corporate domainers.

Anyone that has ever negotiated with a corporate domainer knows they understand value much more than the average domain speculator.

Yet, domainers being the lower hanging fruit get the most flack. Luckily, it is better to be hated and financially successful than vice versa.
I don't envy holding a crappy LLLL.com for 50k

•••
All I see here is a bunch of offended people who lack the skill to do anything with the domains they hoard.

•••
All I see here is a bunch of offended people who lack the skill to do anything with the domains they hoard.
All we see is someone that is angry that something they want, a domain in this case, is beyond their financial reach. This is no different than the cry babies everywhere online that are angry and raging on people that have what they want.

You need to change the way you think and focus your energy on getting what you want without attacking others.

There are people that want to open a retail store but the prime locations are very expensive. Sometimes the location is empty for years because the owners want a lot of rent money.

Some people just get angry at these land owners and abandon their idea. Others try to figure out how to make it work.

I suggest you start small, build up your business, and do what others have done, upgrade to the better name when you make money.

Hate doesn't get you anywhere. You'll be some old person one day and reflect on all the opportunities you threw away because you were busy hating.

•••
All we see is someone that is angry that something they want, a domain in this case, is beyond their financial reach. This is no different than the cry babies everywhere online that are angry and raging on people that have what they want.

You need to change the way you think and focus your energy on getting what you want without attacking others.

There are people that want to open a retail store but the prime locations are very expensive. Sometimes the location is empty for years because the owners want a lot of rent money.

Some people just get angry at these land owners and abandon their idea. Others try to figure out how to make it work.

I suggest you start small, build up your business, and do what others have done, upgrade to the better name when you make money.

Hate doesn't get you anywhere. You'll be some old person one day and reflect on all the opportunities you threw away because you were busy hating.

All I see are people who get excited at a $5.00 day on their parked domains.

•••
Do you know what it takes to be a good domainer?

I'll tell ya, it takes someone who is able to lie, smile in an old ladies face and give her $5k for a $500k LLL.com and then go sleep at night with no issues.

That's what it takes to be a good domainer.

•••
All I see are people who get excited at a $5.00 day on their parked domains.
5 a day? That is pretty good.

Domainers are not in it for parking. We spend time finding domains that can create real value for a business, like buying great real estate that a business can use to start something successful.

Obviously some people throw tantrums when they can't get their way, you are not unique at all in that.

Domainers get excited when a good name opportunity comes up that they can hand register (rare) or backorder or acquire at auction at a price that takes into account the big risks,

Domainers take huge risks, we do not cry when we lose auctions, we understand we need to do better financially to buy better. We continue this hard work year after year, and some, decade after decade. We go a long time without making a sale and we continue to work hard.

Most people give up on much simpler tasks.

If we were just a bunch of losers, haters like you wouldn't be here. You are here because of jealousy and hate.

I already told you why it's important to cut the hate out. Remember, if you keep up the hate you will be more and more hateful because the price of good domains will just keep rising.

•••
5 a day? That is pretty good.

Domainers are not in it for parking. We spend time finding domains that can create real value for a business, like buying great real estate that a business can use to start something successful.

Obviously some people throw tantrums when they can't get their way, you are not unique at all in that.

Domainers get excited when a good name opportunity comes up that they can hand register (rare) or backorder or acquire at auction at a price that takes into account the big risks,

Domainers take huge risks, we do not cry when we lose auctions, we understand we need to do better financially to buy better. We continue this hard work year after year, and some, decade after decade. We go a long time without making a sale and we continue to work hard.

Most people give up on much simpler tasks.

If we were just a bunch of losers, haters like you wouldn't be here. You are here because of jealousy and hate.

I already told you why it's important to cut the hate out. Remember, if you keep up the hate you will be more and more hateful because the price of good domains will just keep rising.

If you read the whole thread, you would see that I don't hate domainers. You all just keep talking smack, so I keep talking it back.

•••
The greatest part about this is I love domaining, understand it is incredibly difficult to make it in.

But we can all keep hating each other that's cool too.

•••
If you read the whole thread, you would see that I don't hate domainers. You all just keep talking smack, so I keep talking it back.
First LLL.com I ever bought = yjq.com in the [Edited by Moderator - Rule: 1.29] for $800

I hate domainers? lol, I dislike greed and hoarding.

LIke the guy above, his domain dropped and someone got it, and won't budge off of the price, that seller should have more heart and less greed. Guess that's what I'm making everyone so angry about? The self reflection that I am causing.

I could teach you all a lifetime of information, but you wanna vote me down and talk junk, I'd rather talk junk then create competition anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Do you know what it takes to be a good domainer?

I'll tell ya, it takes someone who is able to lie, smile in an old ladies face and give her $5k for a $500k LLL.com and then go sleep at night with no issues.

That's what it takes to be a good domainer.
Could you point us in the direction of these old ladies who are handing out LLL domains?

•••
You all should feel the same way about greed. Decades of your work, investments and time are undermined with 2304282384 new tlds.

do a google search, look at the extensions, lots of ugly domains with ugly extensions.

Times have changed, the registrars said you all were making too much paper.

•••
Could you point us in the direction of these old ladies who are handing out LLL domains?
haha maybe! I have a very clever idea to write a python script to scrape the innerwebs for domains that have never hit the market and have potential to be sold.

it's interesting coming back to domaining with all of these tools available, I can just automate my searches for potential names to buy, automate the process of emailing them, heck I can automate the convos the emails have with them lol.

This should be fun.

Should I stay moale and take over the domainging game or come back with a new name? What's this negative score nonsense.

Last edited:
•••
also why is shortnames the king? are they scraping everything?? or holding out?? hmmm

•••
The greatest part about this is I love domaining, understand it is incredibly difficult to make it in.

But we can all keep hating each other that's cool too.
you will find very little hate on here. You are the exception not the rule on here.

•••
haha maybe! I have a very clever idea to write a python script to scrape the innerwebs for domains that have never hit the market and have potential to be sold.

it's interesting coming back to domaining with all of these tools available, I can just automate my searches for potential names to buy, automate the process of emailing them, heck I can automate the convos the emails have with them lol.

This should be fun.

Should I stay moale and take over the domainging game or come back with a new name? What's this negative score nonsense.
Stay moale because as you navigate this world, you will encounter a lot of things you won't like and you will start new threads of anger and hate. Is there a python library yet that helps a person cope with not getting what they want?

try:
getting a name
except accept:
that you didn't get the name
finally:
don't hate, live to fight another day, you'll find your opportunity

Last edited:
•••

I have a hunch that none of your tools are new to the biz.

In fact, I have a five-spot with your name on it if you're able to find a single LLL.com owner who will sell it to you for $5K.

•••
I have a hunch that none of your tools are new to the biz.

In fact, I have a five-spot with your name on it if you're able to find a single LLL.com owner who will sell it to you for $5K.

I've never seen done what I want done, I plan on scraping domain names based on how archaiac the code is. I don't need to explain more, it's obvious.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back