IT.COM

discuss The power of .IO in Cryptonames

NameSilo
Watch

Ricardo M

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

What do you think of the ongoing Crypto news. Names are flying and many related .coms are gone. What will the strenght be of .IO names for the crypto market? Would you reg it if the .com is taken?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
when you jump on a bandwagon,
you gotta get on, before all the .com seats are taken.

:)

cuz that other wagon with the shaky wheels might not make it

imo...

•••
Dont bother with .IO in this niche, rather try the aftermarket for a decent .COM name, don't start hand-regging names now, its far too late

•••
I used some CoinDesk data to look at 160 ICOs from 2014 until present day.
The dataset has 160 companies that cumulatively account for around $1.7bn raised.
(I tried to clean the data for duplicate ICO names, where the company had multiple funding rounds)

There are 28 different extensions represented in the list. The top 4 are:

TLD, CountUnique
COM, 55
IO, 34
ORG, 18
NET, 8

If we use these ICOs are a proxy for the crypto market overall, it does look like .IO are quite popular.
Take this with a pinch of salt, as crypto-dedicated content sites (news, blogs, forums etc) may have an entirely different composition of extensions.

The list of ICO titles/names is also incredibly diverse - and there isn't a consistent naming pattern. But no prizes for guessing some of the common words found: coin, project, network, chain, block, cash, etc.

Finally, I also began to look for patterns to correlate funding size to extension but I don't feel like there's any particular pattern of significance. The surprise for me was the use of .network as the fifth most popular extension. With 8 ICOs spanning $209m of funding, .network was the fourth highest funded TLD.

Bar chart below and link to data source here

rErbzur.png

•••
I used some CoinDesk data to look at 160 ICOs from 2014 until present day.
The dataset has 160 companies that cumulatively account for around $1.7bn raised.
(I tried to clean the data for duplicate ICO names, where the company had multiple funding rounds)

There are 28 different extensions represented in the list. The top 4 are:

TLD, CountUnique
COM, 55
IO, 34
ORG, 18
NET, 8

If we use these ICOs are a proxy for the crypto market overall, it does look like .IO are quite popular.
Take this with a pinch of salt, as crypto-dedicated content sites (news, blogs, forums etc) may have an entirely different composition of extensions.

The list of ICO titles/names is also incredibly diverse - and there isn't a consistent naming pattern. But no prizes for guessing some of the common words found: coin, project, network, chain, block, cash, etc.

Finally, I also began to look for patterns to correlate funding size to extension but I don't feel like there's any particular pattern of significance. The surprise for me was the use of .network as the fifth most popular extension. With 8 ICOs spanning $209m of funding, .network was the fourth highest funded TLD.

Bar chart below and link to data source here

rErbzur.png
Nice finding, you have done superb job, I had checked there sheet, found some other extension, including this one.
https://backto.earth/

•••
Hand regged 2 domains

123bitco.in
blockchainDN.com

Can these be of any value?

•••
•••
Thanks all! I'm not keen on moving from .com. it almost feels like cheating haha. Although sometime it's worth the risk. I found some amazing strong names for crypto but the .io botters me

•••
Although sometime it's worth the risk. I found some amazing strong names for crypto but the .io botters me

although i said what i said above....

the greater the risk, the greater the reward.... if there is one

but:
sometimes folks don't get on the wagon,
cuz they prefer to walk
they choose which way "they" want to go
and how they want to get there

imo....

•••
although i said what i said above....

the greater the risk, the greater the reward.... if there is one

but:
sometimes folks don't get on the wagon,
cuz they prefer to walk
they choose which way "they" want to go
and how they want to get there

imo....

Being stubborn made me walk and brought me far altough sometimes the wagon blocked the road. But sometimes a wagon ticket is easier than the long run up the hill.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back