NameSilo

The plural is live, would another company buy the singular?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bluemeteor

Established Member
Impact
I came across domains like this before, the plural is live. I register the singular to target info site / blogs.
But this time the name only make sense to a services company(middle, bigger than small business ), not for blogs.
The plural is a live company in one country. Do you think would another company buy this singular domain, which is sharing the same name with the plural version.

Let's assume the singular and plural are similar quality. The plural site only has trademark in one country, no problem for anyone to build business on the singular domain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would first try to sell it to the company operating on the plural.

Set up a catch all email and monitor the site's traffic. Once you collect 10 or more emails intended for the other company, combine those into a pdf and send to the best contact at the company. Nature will handle the rest in most cases.

There are times when companies just don't care about email or traffic leakage so a different approach may be necessary.

•••
I would first try to sell it to the company operating on the plural.

Set up a catch all email and monitor the site's traffic. Once you collect 10 or more emails intended for the other company, combine those into a pdf and send to the best contact at the company. Nature will handle the rest in most cases.

There are times when companies just don't care about email or traffic leakage so a different approach may be necessary.
That's an option. What if they don't want it, would another company want it?

•••
Possibly, but it's hard to speculate with the limited information given.

•••
Possibly, but it's hard to speculate with the limited information given.
Just general speaking. Also there were cases I saw some future trend domain available. Singular and plural were pretty much the same quality. Cos the trend was unclear, I only took one for most times. Now I realize this might be a problem. Especially for those names targeted larger companies.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back