Dynadot

ccTLD The Official .COM.AU Sales, Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Any whois for .com.au

I cant seem to find any.
It would be nice if someone could help me.

Thanks in advance!!! :loveyou:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Barefoottech said:
All fair enough comments , mate.
But I would rather see NON-Australian content then what I see so often.
NO CONTENT .

So many times lately .com.au's and also .net.au's that have been regged without even a park page. auDA requires valid USAGE, no domainsquatting is allowed. Listing on a sale site for re-sale such as your excellent Netfleet.com.au is NOT sufficient grounds for ownership.

Names not being used during automated searches will be investigated for possible deletion and re-release into the available pool.

The vast majority of unresolved domains are registered by non-domainers though. People who have grand ideas and then take years to fulfil them or lose interest and let them drop (I'm sure we've all been there)

I understand the idea behind auDA's content policy but it's just not practical nor reasonable for them to go around deleting unresolved names.

The other problem with the policy (as with many auDA policies) is it relies on proving intent at the time of registration... something which is obviously impossible to do.

IMO, the .AU space is pretty good from a users point of view...

•••
Just thought I'd mention an article posted on Netfleet which talks about the highest .AU sales to date (inc one for $9 million!). I'm sure there are many more we don't know about so if anyone knows about any other high value sales...

http://www.netfleet.com.au/news.php?id=17

•••
Well this thread does seem to have quietened down... :(

However I have some news that might heat things up a little in the .AU space.

At the risk of self promotion, I would like to announce some big news - Netregistry - Australia's biggest registrar (who also own Planet Domains, Hostess and Nett Magazine) have taken a stake in Netfleet. So this should definitely mean more activity in this little niche!!

•••
•••
•••
The following domains are at auction right now on Netfleet with no reserve - current prices listed

af.net.au- $35.00
anklebiter.com.au- $0
anklebiters.com.au- $0
auctiondomains.com.au- $30.00
creditcrunch.com.au- $100.00
meetingonline.com.au- $0
vp.net.au- $50.00

Note: we do not own any of these domains, nor do we receive a commission for selling or listing. We are just trying to get a bit of activity in the .AU marketplace. However, if moderators feel this post is self promotional, then please delete it, no worries.

As for all you other .au-ers - please keep this discussion alive!!

•••
.net.au domain value

Seeing as most if not all 2 letter .com.au domains are already taken, are registering 2 letter .net.au domains worth it?

•••
when there are only two choices the answer is yes

i have

insured
mobilebusiness

and some adult ones

webdesign sold for $10,000 recently (source netfleet.com.au)

•••
Thanks for the advice evirtual1.

I've secured a 2 letter .net.au domain :)

•••
Update on the world of .AU:

Sales are really starting to pick up steam despite the economy. At Netfleet there have been 17 sales so far in April between $45 and $10,000. DomainMarketPlace has also brokered a bunch of sales including several for four figures. This is a solid if not spectacular performance on the aftermarket when you consider that the indutsry was only lifted out of prohibition less than a year ago.

Registrations are continuing their strong growth with nearly 1.4m .AU domains now registered.

There have been big dramas with a major registrar (Bottle) being stripped of their licence by auDA (and then reinstated the next day) 24 hours after a major unrelated scandal involving the owner of the registrar.

Anyone else share any .AU news?

•••
pleased to say i grabbed vegetarian.net.au from netfleet !!!! (still doing transfer)

cheers

•••
Just posted a summary of the .AU sales from the TRAFFIC auctions. In short they kicked butt! .COM lots were suspended in the aftermarket auction to allow time for the .AU domains which sold for a total of just over A$126,000.

Was great to meet RJ there too!

See all the .AU results here -

Record Breaking .AU Domain Sales | Netfleet - The .AU Aftermarket

Dunno how come you guys dont have a free premium name section like sedo. My pair of NN.com.au , 78.com.au and 87.com.au would surely sell fast if more people saw it.

•••
Dunno how come you guys dont have a free premium name section like sedo. My pair of NN.com.au , 78.com.au and 87.com.au would surely sell fast if more people saw it.

Hi Sam,

I'm sure they would - very nice domains! We do have a spotlight section which will get you front page time for 6 months for a measly $50... Also try to stick a target price on it too - most people search by price so Make Offers tend to get a lot less exposure.

•••
Well it's now one year since the ban on trading .au domains was lifted.

What are everybody's thoughts on how things have gone? I'm sure most of us would have hoped for a faster development of the industry but nevertheless IMO it's been a solid start.

Also mortgage.net.au just sold for $13,500. That's a record for a net.au domain!!

•••
until the average person gets on board it will always be slow going
also the transfers are not easy ... 2minutes godaddy 2weeks in australia

i think netfleet do a great job

•••
.com.au - cheap and reliable registrar

Does anyone know of a cheap ($25 or less) and reliable (in particular real time registration) for .com.au?

thx!

•••
Intaserve are $27.95 with very good service inc solid phone support.
Hostess are $20.95 but online service only.

They would be my picks!

•••
.AU Record Sale SexToys.com.au for $25,500

Happy to announce the sale of sextoys.com.au for A$25,500 (US $20,780) today on Netfleet.

This is a record for .AU since the prohibition on trading names was relaxed about 12 months ago!

Well done to both the buyer and seller!

•••
Fantastic news! Our Aussie domains are really starting to take off value wise.

Well done to buyer and seller, and congrats to Mark and David at Netfleet. Your site has come on in leaps and bounds, and you deserve a lot of credit for all your professional efforts.

Keep up the good work!

•••
it is good to see finally some decent sales, but it is a pitty, that only Australians can register .com.au. If they would remove the restriction, the value would increase.

•••
That's not necessarily the case....

In fact there are some US based companies buying up big from what I've heard but keeping it quiet perhaps to invest heavily before the floodgates open. :hehe:

An overseas entity planning to trade in Australia but not necessarily be based here can apply for an ARBN which is sufficient to register a .au domain (most domains are registered by Aust based companies using the more common ABN).

With that ARBN I believe you can then register as many domains as you want.

•••
•••
coincidentally sextoys.ca just sold at the ccTLD Traffic austion for almost the same price - 14,440 Euros!

•••
•••
About time a few of those thousands of great names NetFleet.com.au has listed got sold for their TRUE Value.
Too many excellent keyword Names listed for $xx -$xxx prices. When the matching .com & .net would sell for $xx,xxx Plus

Plus Guessitbot.com always displays Aussie names value @ $50 Usd & often says name is still available. Which is less the Registration fee & transfer Fee. So do not go on GuessaLot.com valuations.
(Josh[estibot] you do really need help with calculating more correct valuations for Aussie Names. Either myself or NetFleet would be very helpful in working out some guidelines)

Aussie Names can and Do get international Traffic.
Have excellent credibilty worldwide. (because of the auDA rules).

Anyone one thinking of BUYING aussie name, should remember to check auDA.org.au for the registration guidelines. BEFORE buying them.
The most important one for domainers are
1/ 6 months registration period before resale.
2/ Names cannot not be purchased purely for resale. (No squatting on names)
3/ No TYPO registrations ALLOWED.
Any typo names so found to be registered Will be deleted and NO REFUNDS.
4/ Any names sold must be transferred using the approved transfer process including payment of a large transfer fee. This fee is set by the registrar and can be $250 or more
5/ Any buying a resold name must also qualify under the auDA registrant rules.

[Disclaimer:-
I am approved auDA listed reseller of .au names & a supply class member of auDA. Above comments however are not intended as advertising my reseller site]

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back