IT.COM

ccTLD The Official .COM.AU Sales, Showcase and Discussion

NameSilo
Watch
Any whois for .com.au

I cant seem to find any.
It would be nice if someone could help me.

Thanks in advance!!! :loveyou:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Barefoottech said:
Regarding the pricing ,yes .com.au's are CHEAP , but the inflated transfer fees add to the REAL cost of ownership/resale.

Yes but the vast majority of any .au transfer fee is the fee for service from the registrar. The only fee to the registry is the $20.65 or whatever it is that the registrars pay for the 2 year renewal (which you get with the domain name of course).

So with competition & negotiation these fees can come well down....

backpackets said:
netfleet,
My friend own itseosupport.com.au and he want to list at your site for sale .

What is the procedure and do auda has any restrictions about unused domain/park somewhere?

cheers mate
That's great! Yes please just tell him to sign up & follow the instructions. It's pretty straightforward & he can certainly contact me via the enquiry form if he gets stuck.

In terms of rules & regs best to visit www.auda.org.au. I'd like to be more specific in responding to your question but auDA have made it clear thay do not want us to relay information.

•••
netfleet said:
Yes but the vast majority of any .au transfer fee is the fee for service from the registrar. The only fee to the registry is the $20.65 or whatever it is that the registrars pay for the 2 year renewal (which you get with the domain name of course).

So with competition & negotiation these fees can come well down....

That's great! Yes please just tell him to sign up & follow the instructions. It's pretty straightforward & he can certainly contact me via the enquiry form if he gets stuck.

In terms of rules & regs best to visit www.auda.org.au. I'd like to be more specific in responding to your question but auDA have made it clear thay do not want us to relay information.

Thanks for the informations.

I ll ask him to register soon at your site.

•••
Here are the .au's for the TRAFFIC auction. Most have no reserve. Some nice ones there - good luck to all the sellers!

Authentication.com.au
SurfingLessons.com.au
Undergraduate.com.au
Broadcasting.com.au
MensClothing.com.au
JobListings.com.au
Parasailing.com.au
Barbecuing.com.au
DirtBiking.com.au
JetSkiing.com.au
Pollution.com.au
athletic.com.au
Branding.com.au
Jeweller.com.au
Laughter.com.au
Hunting.com.au
Jackets.com.au
Essays.com.au
Enter.com.au
Plans.com.au
Rules.com.au
Shout.com.au
Toons.com.au
Bake.com.au
Camp.com.au
Knit.com.au
CDs.com.au
Up.com.au

•••
i didn't notice up.com.au ..... interested to see what that goes for ?????

•••
Parking revenue for .com.au's

Hi there - I am doing some research for a presentation at the TRAFFIC conference, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me CPMs and traffic numbers for their .com.au sites? Feel free to PMB me. More responses means the research will be better. Happy to share the research too (it will be top level not domain specific).

•••
Hello fellow .com.au'ers

I own a couple of .com.au's and recently registered one based on an Aussie tv show so i decided to setup a blog on the domain.

This morning I woke up to a email from the television station telling me to remove all the copyrighted images and stuff (which is fair enough) but they're also telling me to transfer them the domain.

I heard a while ago that Australian laws prevent people from just taking domains off others by threatening to take them to court and that if they want the domain they have to buy it off me.

I am disappointed that it look like I'm going to have to take down the blog but i really don't want to cough up the domain easily.

What can I do?

•••
•••
Our company recently sold a .com.au domain name which was under development to an Australian Televsion Production company for low xxxx.

We had purchased this particular domain several months prior to the company deciding to make a tv show with the same name in Australia.

Thus the reason their legal team offered to purchase the domain for a small amount and we accepted the first offer.

However in your case if the show was already running and they own the trademark the rules do prevent you from purchasing the name in the first place, so legally they have the right to take the domain off you as far as i know.

In the future keep clear of any trademarked terms.

All of the .com.au domains that we have purchased are for development and one tool you may use prior to regging an australian domain is the trademark search tool available at ipaustralia.gov.au

Last edited:
•••
My latest .com.au registration - PropertyBuys.com.au

•••
Just posted a summary of the .AU sales from the TRAFFIC auctions. In short they kicked butt! .COM lots were suspended in the aftermarket auction to allow time for the .AU domains which sold for a total of just over A$126,000.

Was great to meet RJ there too!

See all the .AU results here -

http://www.netfleet.com.au/news.php?id=14

•••
thank you netflett !!!!!!

did up.com.au , not sell ?????

hey also waiting to see how many nnn's are left in the .com.au

.......cheers !!!!!

•••
evirtual1 said:
thank you netflett !!!!!!

did up.com.au , not sell ?????

hey also waiting to see how many nnn's are left in the .com.au

.......cheers !!!!!

Hmm thanks for that - we seemed to have missed up.com.au somehow. It certainly did sell for US$2,700 I believe.

And re the NNN's I posted them all in page 7 of this thread. Hope that helps

cheers

•••
cool thanks netfleet ...... i just looked at page 7 ..... yep plenty to go !!!

perhaps once a few are developed people will jump on board ?????

of course LLL'S make great acronyms ..... thats the difference i guess

•••
Thanks for the reply to my post a few posts up...the issue actually attracted a bit of media attention. The station are prepared to cover the cost of the registration cost but nothing else.

I did a trademark search and couldn't find anything, probably because the name of the show is a commonly used term.

What I would like to know now is whether or not i would be allowed to sell the domain to someone else. Someone who already owns a business that the domain could directly relate to?

I would much rather do that then give in to the stations bully tactics.

•••
selling with a TM issue could be borrowing trouble...
given they have contacted you and the media attention.

Their legal costs to follow this up is a tax deduction.

btw they will persue you for the name

Cheers
Corey

•••
Pklz said:
Thanks for the reply to my post a few posts up...the issue actually attracted a bit of media attention. The station are prepared to cover the cost of the registration cost but nothing else.

I did a trademark search and couldn't find anything, probably because the name of the show is a commonly used term.

What I would like to know now is whether or not i would be allowed to sell the domain to someone else. Someone who already owns a business that the domain could directly relate to?

I would much rather do that then give in to the stations bully tactics.

I think because you did have the shows logo etc on the site at some stage, they will likely be able to prove bad faith. Even if you have taken them down, even if the name is generic in nature and even if the term isn't officially trademarked. If you were using the domain in its generic nature it would be a completely different story & you could hold out for good money.

The obvious course of action for the TV Show would be to lodge an auDRP case against you. Costs about $2K I think for a 1 member panel.

•••
.AU Domains in top 10 of ccTLD Registrations

Verisign's Q3 report confirmed what many of us have been saying for a while - there are so many better areas to invest in domains than .COM.

Com registrations are slowing while ccTLDs continue their strong growth. Com & Net regos increased 16% growth year on year compared to ccTLDs which recorded 26%

In particular to this thread, .au moved into the top 10 ccTLDs displacing .ch.

http://www.verisign.com/static/044349.pdf

•••
does anyone have any L-L-L's ???

•••
evirtual1 said:
does anyone have any L-L-L's ???

Not me - and to be honest doubt there would be much value in regging them just now esp with so many LLL's still available.

Now I also thought I'd post a bit of analysis following the TRAFFIC Downunder auctions.

Aftermarket.com have been rightly celebrating a record 80% clearance rate for the auction but there were definitely two sides to the story as I saw it.

The Com's did seem to struggle. I was actually surprised that when I worked it out the clearance rate for Com & Net was as high as it was - 77%. Because bidding was slow they canned a bunch of the live auctions to concentrate on the .au's which were flying.

Of the ccTLDs (all but 2 were .au) an amazing 86% sold!

This disparity was even greater at Rick Latona's auctions.

Amongst the CNO, the clearance rate was just 51% compared to the ccTLD's weighing in at 90% clearance rate.

•••
I have read most of this thread
Netfleet are doing a great job informing everyone of the current opportunites
It should be pointed out that :
Businesses located outside of Australia may be eligible to buy or register .au names by obtaining a ARBN. These cost about $usd280
The cheapest .au registrar is name.com.au , who sell for less than cost, at $AUD10 per year with the mandatory 2 year minimum i.e. $20 Australian per .net.au or .com.au
It is free to transfer registrars. The registration period is not extended on transfer of registrars.
Registrars can charge whatever they like to transfer ownership
Ownership transfer includes a new 2 year registration period

My own .au names, that are all well past the 6 month ownership rules, are listed on www.netfleet.com.au and can also be viewed on my blog www.MH.net
My rate of sale is currently about 1 per week for around $300 usd

•••
anyweb said:
I have read most of this thread
Netfleet are doing a great job informing everyone of the current opportunites
It should be pointed out that :
Businesses located outside of Australia may be eligible to buy or register .au names by obtaining a ARBN. These cost about $usd280
The cheapest .au registrar is name.com.au , who sell for less than cost, at $AUD10 per year with the mandatory 2 year minimum i.e. $20 Australian per .net.au or .com.au
It is free to transfer registrars. The registration period is not extended on transfer of registrars.
Registrars can charge whatever they like to transfer ownership
Ownership transfer includes a new 2 year registration period

My own .au names, that are all well past the 6 month ownership rules, are listed on www.netfleet.com.au and can also be viewed on my blog www.MH.net

are you in melbourne , i noticed that you have ripponlea.com

I am just up in caulfield

•••
evirtual1 said:
are you in melbourne , i noticed that you have ripponlea.com

I am just up in caulfield
Yes bud

•••
anyweb said:
Make sure you do not Undersell your .Com.au names.
Excellent Generic .com.au's are worth a lot more than $300

•••
Thanks for the kind words, Joe.

Nice list of points about the .AU market.

The fact that an overseas entity can register a .au using an ARBN is certainly interesting. Do you know if many people currently do so?

I guess the premise is that if they are doing business in Australia, then they are entitled to such a number. And if the business they are in is 'domaining' or 'web publishing' then they are entitled to register domains.

The only danger the way I see it is that the .au space get's overrun with non Australian content. IMO one of the best things about auDA's regs is that they've managed to keep .au Australian.

But if overseas investors start regging or buying .AU names and keep the content related to Australia then I can't see there being anything wrong with that...

•••
netfleet said:
Thanks for the kind words, Joe.

Nice list of points about the .AU market.

The fact that an overseas entity can register a .au using an ARBN is certainly interesting. Do you know if many people currently do so?

I guess the premise is that if they are doing business in Australia, then they are entitled to such a number. And if the business they are in is 'domaining' or 'web publishing' then they are entitled to register domains.

The only danger the way I see it is that the .au space get's overrun with non Australian content. IMO one of the best things about auDA's regs is that they've managed to keep .au Australian.

But if overseas investors start regging or buying .AU names and keep the content related to Australia then I can't see there being anything wrong with that...
All fair enough comments , mate.
But I would rather see NON-Australian content then what I see so often.
NO CONTENT .

So many times lately .com.au's and also .net.au's that have been regged without even a park page. auDA requires valid USAGE, no domainsquatting is allowed. Listing on a sale site for re-sale such as your excellent Netfleet.com.au is NOT sufficient grounds for ownership.

Names not being used during automated searches will be investigated for possible deletion and re-release into the available pool.

Also I can no stress enough "NO Typos" allowed as well. No warnings are given by auDA before deletion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back