Dynadot

ccTLD The Official .COM.AU Sales, Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Any whois for .com.au

I cant seem to find any.
It would be nice if someone could help me.

Thanks in advance!!! :loveyou:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Good looking out!

I appreciate the gesture guys!

•••
If you want to search for more extensions at one go .com.au, .co.nz, .in, .my etc....feel free to use WebNIC's whois Look-up here

http://www.webnic.cc/whois.html

•••
•••
coreyg said:
Whois.com.au
They also have a bulk whois interface. You can check 100 at a time. BTW. Michael Gilmour offer a great .com.au registration discount deal, approx $US 25 for 2 years I think, on his blog.

•••
This is a little out of the topic, may I know if the 2nd level .au is available or launch?
I have heard of people asking before, but was unsure what was the answer like.
If I have not mistaken, it is not Publicly Launch yet?

Any idea anyone? :)

Thanks!

•••
RoxyAus said:
This is a little out of the topic, may I know if the 2nd level .au is available or launch?
I have heard of people asking before, but was unsure what was the answer like.
If I have not mistaken, it is not Publicly Launch yet?

Any idea anyone? :)

Thanks!

.au is a 'top level cctld' whereas .com.au is a 'second level ccTLD'.

As for your question, no AUDA will not be opening up the .au ccTLD. This issue was finalised in November 2007 with the AUDA boards recommendation being:

"The panel recommends that .au should not be opened up to direct registrations at this time"

Refer to: PDF LINK

•••
Just curious to know how many here at NP are actively buying .com.au domains, and what you are focusing on, if you wish to reveal :) , one-worders, two-worders, LLL etc etc.

Cheers

•••
too expensive plus I`m waiting that they open the second level

•••
Australians make up one of the largest domain ownership, per head of pop worldwide.
i think?
so there will be lots of Australians buying them up.

I am and can get them pretty cheap too, AU$27.99 for 2 years. if you want to, pm me..

our Australian market is open in ten days time.. ABN holders only. need 6 months of registration before resale.

But, you cant buy them, to sell them.. unless they meet the auDA guidelineswww.auDA.org.au/policy

Last edited:
•••
I have always thought au was a little less business freindly. I know they are protecting the integrity of their brand but do have some Draconian rules that will pull a name from an owner.

On the other side, I do think the industry is very healthy there, with a bunch of some of the biggest registrars calling it their home. They also have a healthy use for .au compared to other english speaking countries. Generics and top keywords should do well.

On a side note, I am anticipating an explosion in .au regs as I have auTLD.com :0

•••
Ive been buying a few nice .com.au sticking to brandable typo's of big .com.au sites.

Two i have are

wBay.com.au
Foogle.com.au

Also just started www.ausvertise.com.au for australian site owners

•••
I have 34 .com.au's and .net.au's
as Net.au's also very usable

1 thing I get Tired explaining to people is Just because someone owns the .com DOES not give them an Automatic TM over the .com.au. The auDA rules and Aust Law is very clear about that.

For instance I own Parked.com.au and Parked.net.au , owner (donny) has no legal claim to Parked.com.au/Parked.net.au

BTW Morgan be very careful about Typo Registrations, that is specifically prohibited by the auDA Rules.
http://www.auda.org.au/policies/auda-2006-05/

Last edited:
•••
Thanks guys, So there are a couple of us here after all. :)

Over the last couple of months I have regged a handful for $26USD/2 years, a few LLL, a NNN, CC and a couple of generics.

It's gonna be interesting to see how the com.au aftermarket evolves, in about 6 months time when they are "allowed" to be sold/bought.

•••
Hi,

I recently regged some .net.au domains which may have some value over time.

oa.net.au
yz.net.au
jz.net.au
uv.net.au
lo.net.au
fyi.net.au
gto.net.au
fares.net.au
waste.net.au

I was surprised they were still available to which there are still several LL.net.au's available.

•••
i would say au's are the tightest regulated domain extension available. At the moment iam not going to bother getting any
- i do want a .au (eg.csiro.au) even though its not possible

•••
italiandragon said:
too expensive plus I`m waiting that they open the second level
Don't forget that 3rd level owners will certainly have a preemptive right to register their names in the 2nd level before anyone else ;)
I think now is the time to secure your position :blink:

•••
Hi, i thought i had better pull my "wallet" out, so i just grabbed a few (only) double vowel 2 letter net.au's left and some 3 letter com.au's

this week alone has seen a massive increase in buying. from what i "wanted" to reg last week, at least. I predict everyone else is waiting for the 1st of June to rush in,

there are 13.9% of 2 letter au's left. that is only 94 left to register.. AU$2500 will create new rush.

I hope im allowed to do this,,

all thats left..

ax.net.au Taken = me
lz.net.au
mz.net.au
og.net.au
oq.net.au
ou.net.au :me
py.net.au
pz.net.au
qb.net.au
qd.net.au
qe.net.au
qf.net.au
qg.net.au
qj.net.au
qk.net.au
ql.net.au
qn.net.au
qo.net.au
qu.net.au
qv.net.au
qw.net.au
qx.net.au
qy.net.au
qz.net.au
wo.net.au
qu.net.au
qv.net.au
qw.net.au
qx.net.au
qy.net.au
qz.net.au
ri.net.au
rq.net.au
rz.net.au
sz.net.au
tz.net.au
ub.net.au
uf.net.au
uj.net.au
uo.net.au :me
ux.net.au
uy.net.au
uz.net.au
vl.net.au
vp.net.au
vv.net.au
vx.net.au
vz.net.au
wk.net.au
wn.net.au
wo.net.au
wq.net.au
wv.net.au
wx.net.au
wy.net.au
xa.net.au
xb.net.au
xg.net.au
xh.net.au
xj.net.au
xk.net.au
xm.net.au
xn.net.au
xq.net.au
xr.net.au
xu.net.au
xv.net.au
xw.net.au
xz.net.au
yc.net.au
yd.net.au
ye.net.au
yf.net.au
yg.net.au
yi.net.au
yj.net.au
yk.net.au
ym.net.au
yn.net.au
yq.net.au
yv.net.au
yy.net.au
za.net.au
zb.net.au
zd.net.au
zf.net.au
zg.net.au
zk.net.au
zl.net.au
zm.net.au
zo.net.au
zp.net.au
zq.net.au
zr.net.au
zu.net.au
zv.net.au
zw.net.au
zy.net.au

•••
philski said:
Hi, i thought i had better pull my "wallet" out, so i just grabbed a few (only) double vowel 2 letter net.au's left and some 3 letter com.au's

this week alone has seen a massive increase in buying. from what i "wanted" to reg last week, at least. I predict everyone else is waiting for the 1st of June to rush in,

there are 13.9% of 2 letter au's left. that is only 94 left to register.. AU$2500 will create new rush.

I hope im allowed to do this,,

all thats left..

ax.net.au Taken = me
lz.net.au
mz.net.au
og.net.au
oq.net.au
ou.net.au :me
py.net.au
pz.net.au
qb.net.au
qd.net.au
qe.net.au
qf.net.au
qg.net.au
qj.net.au
qk.net.au
ql.net.au
qn.net.au
qo.net.au
qu.net.au
qv.net.au
qw.net.au
qx.net.au
qy.net.au
qz.net.au
wo.net.au
qu.net.au
qv.net.au
qw.net.au
qx.net.au
qy.net.au
qz.net.au
ri.net.au
rq.net.au
rz.net.au
sz.net.au
tz.net.au
ub.net.au
uf.net.au
uj.net.au
uo.net.au :me
ux.net.au
uy.net.au
uz.net.au
vl.net.au
vp.net.au
vv.net.au
vx.net.au
vz.net.au
wk.net.au
wn.net.au
wo.net.au
wq.net.au
wv.net.au
wx.net.au
wy.net.au
xa.net.au
xb.net.au
xg.net.au
xh.net.au
xj.net.au
xk.net.au
xm.net.au
xn.net.au
xq.net.au
xr.net.au
xu.net.au
xv.net.au
xw.net.au
xz.net.au
yc.net.au
yd.net.au
ye.net.au
yf.net.au
yg.net.au
yi.net.au
yj.net.au
yk.net.au
ym.net.au
yn.net.au
yq.net.au
yv.net.au
yy.net.au
za.net.au
zb.net.au
zd.net.au
zf.net.au
zg.net.au
zk.net.au
zl.net.au
zm.net.au
zo.net.au
zp.net.au
zq.net.au
zr.net.au
zu.net.au
zv.net.au
zw.net.au
zy.net.au

I don`t see any value in those, Australians type in mainly .com.au

•••
Except when they type ABC.net.au or
Use Google.com.au / Yahoo7.com.au / WebWombat.com.au / NineMSN / Bigpond Search engines like the rest of the world to actually locate Websites

Type-ins yes are good , but SE listable names are also quite valuable
The average Aussie WebSurfer uses search engines almost exclusively to find their desired website.

The first thing I have to teach in my Web Focused courses is NOT to use the Google Toolbar , but use the browser bar for locating their 5 minute old Newly Registered names. They almost 100% expect that google listings has every website in the world listed, including their nice New Joomla Site.

Also Lorenzo , if you are waiting for the 2nd level release before buying any names at al, you will be a very old man still waiting.

.auDA is emphatic about the non-release of .AU , and the use / release of additional 3rd Level Domains (i.e. .info.au) to cater for any extra names required/ desired for usage.

Last edited:
•••
what australian sites are busiest, just out of interest. do they visit .coms as the top sites or are there some really successful .com.au sites? just interested :hi:

•••
arnie said:
what australian sites are busiest, just out of interest. do they visit .coms as the top sites or are there some really successful .com.au sites? just interested :hi:

Have you heard of Alexa?

Barefoottech said:
Except when they type ABC.net.au or
Use Google.com.au / Yahoo7.com.au / WebWombat.com.au / NineMSN / Bigpond Search engines like the rest of the world to actually locate Websites

Type-ins yes are good , but SE listable names are also quite valuable
The average Aussie WebSurfer uses search engines almost exclusively to find their desired website.

The first thing I have to teach in my Web Focused courses is NOT to use the Google Toolbar , but use the browser bar for locating their 5 minute old Newly Registered names. They almost 100% expect that google listings has every website in the world listed, including their nice New Joomla Site.

Also Lorenzo , if you are waiting for the 2nd level release before buying any names at al, you will be a very old man still waiting.

.auDA is emphatic about the non-release of .AU , and the use / release of additional 3rd Level Domains (i.e. .info.au) to cater for any extra names required/ desired for usage.

I guess it`s time for me to take a step into AUDA and changes policy then :blink:

arnie said:

http://www.alexa.com/site/ds/top_sites?cc=AU&ts_mode=country&lang=none

;)

•••
arnie said:
domain.com.au
Seek.com.au
realestate.com.au

Just three for starters
There are 1000's nationally advertised daily and used by millions of websurfers.
Remember Aussie Businesses bought over 1 million .com.au's before the auDA policy was changed to allow domaining. Not bad for a country of only 21 million
people .
The majority of the 1 million names were purchased for use as live websites.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back