Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ditto.. the clicks are dropped to 1/3-1/4 of the last 3days ... for the last update (March 04, 2008)

•••
Keyword problem

Hi Matt

Seems with all the changes that the keywords have gone haywire.

I have a domain (zshare.com) which has 'file hosting' as a keyword, but the ads placed seem to have 'loans' as a keyword. I'm losing revenue while the wrong keyword displays.

Methinks something's gotten mixed up with something else.

John

•••
NoRest said:
Hi Matt

Seems with all the changes that the keywords have gone haywire.

I have a domain (zshare.com) which has 'file hosting' as a keyword, but the ads placed seem to have 'loans' as a keyword. I'm losing revenue while the wrong keyword displays.

Methinks something's gotten mixed up with something else.

John

It could be that now there may be no relevant ads available to show for some keywords, so the system falls back on some default backup keywords.

•••
Hmm... Numbers for the 5th in, and something has definitely changed the last two days. Clicks down to 20% of what they were 2 days ago, and rev down to below 20% of what they were 2 days ago.
I didn't see the effects of the missing Google feed before, but now I definitely do...

•••
gorlov said:
Hmm... Numbers for the 5th in, and something has definitely changed the last two days. Clicks down to 20% of what they were 2 days ago, and rev down to below 20% of what they were 2 days ago.
I didn't see the effects of the missing Google feed before, but now I definitely do...
Exactly the same story and % with me. We were warned to expect this so I am imagining that we must be close to the bottom by now and hopefully by next week or two we start going up. Lets be patient and wait and see.

GIL :)

•••
Pretty bad day today, as others have said. It would be nice to know the reason for across the board drops like this....as we've been told revenue will gradually increase.

•••
verbster said:
Pretty bad day today, as others have said. It would be nice to know the reason for across the board drops like this....as we've been told revenue will gradually increase.

Gradually increase over time. I think I've already stated the reason for the revenue drop many times, so I hope there is no confusion on that.

We will be testing with new feeds that support more countries early next week, so it may take a few days before any changes will be seen.

•••
I took the top 20 domains and just forwarded the traffic to Namedrive... a percentage of my lost revenue is being made up @ ND so it all works out OK for me without freaking out (traffic that can't be monetized at Bodis). Haven't tweaked keywords in at Bodis, so I don't know my domains "potential," but some of my traffic domains are there.

I just wish there would be a global way to forward to ndparking.com/{domain}... and a way to download all domains @ Bodis to insert them into the ND interface... I'm not sure how many domains I have at Bodis but it'd take forever to change them all 1-by-1.

•••
We should have support for majority of countries again early next week. Keep your fingers crossed for Bodis. :)

•••
cfguru360 said:
We should have support for majority of countries again early next week. Keep your fingers crossed for Bodis. :)
Matt, I sent you a PM 2 days ago concerning foreign countries. I assume you got it!

•••
•••
xxfireflyxx said:
China Matt??

Should be in there, although no promises. We will see next week.

•••
Hmmm.......I had wondered why click throughs were low and earnings were down. After checking to see what links came up, they are generic, tooseeka.com tofinda.com and the like. Are relevant ads going to be displayed? If not for awhile I will need to move my domains over in the meantime.

•••
Hello Matt,

Would you be supporting .asia in the future???

Art

•••
sirengirl said:
Hmmm.......I had wondered why click throughs were low and earnings were down. After checking to see what links came up, they are generic, tooseeka.com tofinda.com and the like. Are relevant ads going to be displayed? If not for awhile I will need to move my domains over in the meantime.

Your CTR may be low because we are not supporting 50% of the countries we supported earlier. We plan to have support for many new countries this upcoming week. Or, if you want me to check and make sure, send me your account email address via PM and I will tell you what it is exactly.

In Bodis 2.0 we will support .asia along with many more TLDs.

PS
We will have support for many new countries on Tuesday - hopefully. That is the day we are aiming for.

•••
cfguru360 said:
Gradually increase over time. I think I've already stated the reason for the revenue drop many times, so I hope there is no confusion on that.

Actually, what I'm a bit confused about, is that the drop for me came a week *after* the changes in advertiser feeds... the first several days were quite ok, and the drop didn't come until the 4th, with even further drop on the 5th.
Since the change was on the 28th, I wonder how I could have so good result for the first few days after the change, but then a really dramatic drop after that?

•••
cfguru360 said:

Hope my country's included this time round. :)

•••
lzy said:
Hope my country's included this time round. :)
What is your country?

•••
Quick question about Bodis.com

Dear All,

Quick question: Is Bodis.com allowed arbitrage (buy traffic from PPC)

Thanks a lot...

•••
cfguru360 said:
Your CTR may be low because we are not supporting 50% of the countries we supported earlier. We plan to have support for many new countries this upcoming week. Or, if you want me to check and make sure, send me your account email address via PM and I will tell you what it is exactly.

PS
We will have support for many new countries on Tuesday - hopefully. That is the day we are aiming for.

Thanks Matt! I'm a loyal Bodis user but had initially wondered about CTR, which I understand has much to do with the change in provider. I'm just wondering if the drop may also have to do with relevant ads? Just out of curiosity I checked several sites where earnings dropped off, and lo and behold all the ads were generic, there were no relevant ads where there previously had been.

I will send my user ID in any case for you to check. I was just primarily concerned with relevant ads. This would certainly explain the drop in CTR..
Thanks in advance.

:xf.love:

•••
Bodis did not approve arbitrage before.
However, Matt mentioned Bodis may allow
some arbitrage in near future.

•••
gorlov said:
Actually, what I'm a bit confused about, is that the drop for me came a week *after* the changes in advertiser feeds... the first several days were quite ok, and the drop didn't come until the 4th, with even further drop on the 5th.
Since the change was on the 28th, I wonder how I could have so good result for the first few days after the change, but then a really dramatic drop after that?

Hmm. Well that may be because we pulled many ad providers and are now sticking to 1-2 main ones. I guess by Sunday I will try to put them all together and find the best RPM on a domain basis. How does that sound? Expect to see some results on Tuesday's stats.

•••
cfguru360 said:
Hmm. Well that may be because we pulled many ad providers and are now sticking to 1-2 main ones. I guess by Sunday I will try to put them all together and find the best RPM on a domain basis. How does that sound? Expect to see some results on Tuesday's stats.

Sounds good. I just wondered what could be the cause, since it didn't seem to make sense from the information I had.

•••
Sure. This is a very hard time right now and it will take us a while to stabilize. The upcoming week should hopefully show much better results.

•••
cfguru360 said:

PS

Thanks for your answer Matt. I am currently trying to aquire a .asia portfolio which I rate as premium quality currently at 80+. Hope I get reinstated when V2 comes out.

For those who have domains parked with Parkingdots:
Bulletin: If you don't already know.

"A major domain parking company just announced that it is closing its doors. ParkingDots will be no more effective Sunday March 9th.
ParkingDots had lost its Yahoo feed. They were unable to obtain another “tier 1″ feed, and today announced that they are shutting their doors for good. If you have domains parked there, you should move them right away.

ParkingDots paid 80% of the revenue that they received from Yahoo. This was great for domainers, but maybe there is a reason that others don’t pay at that rate. Landing pages from ParkingDots didn’t quite keep up with those from the industry leaders. I don’t know why Yahoo dropped them, but I did detect some nervousness from the industry leaders when I interviewed them last month. This may not be the last parking company to close its doors this year. The announcement from ParkingDots read in part:

Hello. You were recently informed of the end of our Yahoo feed for your parked domains, and the subsequent contract we expected to sign with another Tier One feed provider. Unfortunately, the arrangement with the alternate provider did not work out as we’d expected. The consequence of this is that ParkingDots will be closing its doors effective this Sunday, March 9, 2008 at midnight. All the domains you have pointed to us should be redirected immediately to an alternate parking company…. Any monies owed you will be paid according to our normal payment schedule, approximately 45 days following months end.

The site also included the following stats:

Yesterday’s Hits Total 63K
Top Hits (1 Day) 2K
Month Average 82K

If these stats are accurate, then a lot of you may need to do some quick nameserver changes on your domains. I’m starting right now."

Excerpt news courtesy of NameMonetizer/Leonard Holmes.
You have until midnight Sunday!!!

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back