IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Well it appears as though it's happening. The launch of .land, .bike, .this, and .that is here and many more to come.

Show off your new .whatevers here and discuss why these are or are not good investments. Keep it cool, calm, and productive :)

I'll start with my new regs... absolutely none!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just picked up Traffic.Builders

Very nice name i would say!

•••
about .email
And based on early numbers, looks like it's going to do better than most new ones out. Hilarity ensues.

"Donuts new gTLD .email sold 9,636 registrations yesterday, its first partial day of general availability at standard registry pricing."

http://domainincite.com/16226-email...ampaign=Feed:+DomainIncite+(DomainIncite.com)

Looks like this is going to be one of the biggest early ones, which happens to be probably the most useless as well, like a .tel type. I guess a lot of vanity stuff with this one.

•••
about .email

"Donuts new gTLD .email sold 9,636 registrations yesterday, its first partial day of general availability at standard registry pricing."

http://domainincite.com/16226-email...ampaign=Feed:+DomainIncite+(DomainIncite.com)

Looks like this is going to be one of the biggest early ones, which happens to be probably the most useless as well, like a .tel type. I guess a lot of vanity stuff with this one.

Have to confess that I also got one. My last name :)

so the new email for every family memeber will be [email protected]

•••
ANIMAL.CENTER
BEER.CENTER
BIKE.CENTER
BOYS.CENTER
BUS.CENTER
CABLE.CENTER
GIRLS.CENTER
GPS.CENTER
GUN.CENTER
INVESTMENT.CENTER
KNIFE.CENTER
LAMP.CENTER
LIVING.CENTER
PENNY.CENTER
PRECESSING.CENTER
REFUGEE.CENTER
REMODELING.CENTER
SATELLITE.CENTER
SMOG.CENTER
TOOL.CENTER
TOYS.CENTER

For those operating inside of the US.. note that the correct spelling in many places is
CENTRE.

Welcome to the GLOBAL (not) TLD.

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

which happens to be probably the most useless as well, like a .tel type. I guess a lot of vanity stuff with this one.

I agree with you completely on this one. I can't even play devil's advocate without busting a gut laughing.

•••
about .email

Which is the best email: [email protected] or ******@firstname.email?

•••
Which is the best email: [email protected] or ******@firstname.email?

For personal i think first name with an "s" added

Toms.email

[email protected]

i have already set mine up :)

i would have also gotten my last name but it was premium so i passed.

---------- Post added at 05:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

For those operating inside of the US.. note that the correct spelling in many places is
CENTRE.

Center is US, Centre is British.

some use center to explain a place and centre to say "the centre of a circle" both are right but the above stands typically. :)

Last edited:
•••
CENTRE.

WRONG! In US we spell it CENTER!

From grammarist:

"Center vs. centre
There is no difference in meaning between center and centre. Center is the preferred spelling in American English, and centre is preferred in varieties of English from outside the U.S.

Some people do make distinctions between the words. For instance, some prefer to treat center as the word for a place or institution and centre as the word for the middle point of something. But while these preferences may be taught in some schools and are perhaps common among careful English speakers in Canada, the U.K., and elsewhere, they are not broadly borne out in 21st-century usage."

•••
WRONG! In US we spell it CENTER!

From grammarist:

"Center vs. centre
There is no difference in meaning between center and centre. Center is the preferred spelling in American English, and centre is preferred in varieties of English from outside the U.S.

Some people do make distinctions between the words. For instance, some prefer to treat center as the word for a place or institution and centre as the word for the middle point of something. But while these preferences may be taught in some schools and are perhaps common among careful English speakers in Canada, the U.K., and elsewhere, they are not broadly borne out in 21st-century usage."
uh, he is not saying its spelt centre in the US, just pointing out to america's that center is spelt centre in many other parts of the world, like here in canada for example.

•••
uh, he is not saying its spelt centre in the US, just pointing out to america's that center is spelt centre in many other parts of the world, like here in canada for example.

I also read it first as though he was saying it's spelt "re" in the US. :)

I've had long centre-er discussions in the past up here in Canada. haha

We had to make an office rule at one point because both terms were being used in the same report.

•••
CENTRE.

Welcome to the GLOBAL (not) TLD.

Don't worry, some of us understood you perfectly, not much different than .soccer. Most Yanks wouldn't know what a bonnet and boot are either.

•••
Don't worry, some of us understood you perfectly, not much different than .soccer. Most Yanks wouldn't know what a bonnet and boot are either.

or know the various uses for the term "Eh", eh.

•••
I see "OKLA" regd SpeedTest.solutions
[SpeedTest] - Avg. monthly searches: 7,480,000 nice reg IMO

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

BTW SpeedTestSolutions.com is available :D

•••
about .email

That one took a dip, 2 days later and a full day, almost 2100.

There are some I'm pretty sure of. I think we can (most) agree that .web will have the most. Some I thought would suck, are:

yesterday - total
.kitchen: 30 - 3053
.voyage: 9 - 1890
.boo - I'm predicting low, low, numbers - might be my favorite one

The 2 biggest so far .berlin slowly creeping up on .guru - 42,600+ vs. 46,000+ but more possibilities with guru

.xyz, have no idea. I don't like that one, I think a business would look silly with that extension, but it's general.

•••
.xyz, have no idea. I don't like that one, I think a business would look silly with that extension, but it's general.

You know thousands are clamoring for abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw.xyz

I hope it's a premium to keep the domainers away.

•••
del image

Last edited:
•••
You know thousands are clamoring for abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw.xyz

I hope it's a premium to keep the domainers away.

LOL, funny thing is I was getting a surprising amount of traffic to supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.mobi, it was a useful test case for me in regards to development. The keyword has a decent search volume and the bots liked the little lyrics page I made.

•••

jens went to someone whose first name is jens, which is perfect for him (male name in German).

I don't see where adding the possessive "s" adds much of anything to an email address.

:)

•••
I don't see where adding the possessive "s" adds much of anything to an email address.

It's not an email address it's just a subdomain of a gtld that you are planning to use an email. The marketing of these names appears to be working as the literal "meaning" is sort of making sense to people.

To me it doesn't make sense to not have the possessive but you know, opinions are like, you know ....:)

You can use whatever you want for your email - it's your email :xf.love:

•••
So looks like .ceo came out with a whimper, 380 total regs, came out Friday afternoon I think. I know the weekend is slower, so know better next week. Friday afternoon is bad day to launch, should be early in the week.

Ah, this should explain it, crazy general availability prices for "premium" keywords - http://www.thedomains.com/2014/03/2...t-landrush-here-are-our-picks/comment-page-1/

.glass coming in a few days

Last edited:
•••
So looks like .ceo came out with a whimper, 380 total regs, came out Friday afternoon I think. I know the weekend is slower, so know better next week. Friday afternoon is bad day to launch, should be early in the week.

Ah, this should explain it, crazy general availability prices for "premium" keywords - http://www.thedomains.com/2014/03/2...t-landrush-here-are-our-picks/comment-page-1/

.glass coming in a few days

They're all premium priced, even the obvious junk.

I think the .ceo folks are going to be highly disappointed.

•••
Just read that some guy is responsible for about 2/3 of the current .CEO regs :) He registered the names of some big ceo's in various industries.

•••
Terrifying, but we have seen other crazy things in the past.

•••
Just wondering if all the old-timers from this forum are preaching "gTLDs are junk" while quietly registering those generic domains because every time I'm about to register one of those new domains, and I'm not talking some super premium names, everything is already registered.

So who the heck is registering all these "junk" domains? What am I missing?

•••
Just wondering if all the old-timers from this forum are preaching "gTLDs are junk" while quietly registering those generic domains because every time I'm about to register one of those new domains, and I'm not talking some super premium names, everything is already registered.

I was wondering the exact same thing!

Even preregistration for TLDs far into the future, even into 2015 ... all the good stuff is already taken / reserved!

For each TLD, the Registry is allowed to reserve up to 100 for "any purpose they desire", so they all have, but that's not the main reason most of the good stuff is far gone.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Just read that some guy is responsible for about 2/3 of the current .CEO regs :) He registered the names of some big ceo's in various industries.

Did he get JBLions.CEO too? lol

•••
I was wondering the exact same thing!

Even preregistration for TLDs far into the future, even into 2015 ... all the good stuff is already taken / reserved!

believe it or not, its mostly people who are new to domaining.. happens every time a new TLD comes out, somebody buys everything or most things under the sun with some high hopes of flipping them or "holding them long term" (or so they say they're gonna hold them long term)

the difference now with 1,000 gTLD is you really cant buy everything under the sun - but even the really good terms are not gonna be flippable.. most of the people who publicly say they're gonna "hold for 5 years" probably registered sub-par stuff to begin with or their enthusiasm will run out when renewal comes around.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back