Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you get confirmation letter about that domains? If you didnt, i think that u cant do anything before 17th July, so try then. Hey, send mail to Registruj.Me at [email protected] and ask them if ur domain is free...

•••
mrmacc said:
Did you get confirmation letter about that domains? If you didnt, i think that u cant do anything before 17th July, so try then. Hey, send mail to Registruj.Me at [email protected] and ask them if ur domain is free...

Hey mrmacc,

Thanks for all your help, but I'm a bit confused as to what you're asking.

When I ordered it from GoDaddy I received my confirmation receipt and that was all. The next day I received the refund email from them.

Who is that I'm sending an email to?

•••
Its realy strange, first day you recive conf. mail and next day refund email. Maybe you have apply for some domain which is in auction process from Sunrise period? That mail is montenegrian registrar. I can tell you one more thing, there is lot of DIRTY jobs in whole story about .ME domains.

•••
mrmacc said:
Its realy strange, first day you recive conf. mail and next day refund email. Maybe you have apply for some domain which is in auction process from Sunrise period? That mail is montenegrian registrar. I can tell you one more thing, there is lot of DIRTY jobs in whole story about .ME domains.

I'll be honest, one or two of the domains I registered...I was surprised they weren't on the reserved list. Good generic domains. However, the others I attempted at...I don't see how they were rejected.

What will the montenegrian registrar be able to do for me?

•••
BinderGang said:
What will the montenegrian registrar be able to do for me?
i think that they can tell you if that domain is free, becouse whois database is not up to date, so u need to check via email...thats just my opinion...

•••
Alex said:
I am eager to find out if I got any in the landrush. At Godaddy it still shows pending application.
I'm really looking forward to just knowing, one way or the other. Of course, I hope no one else wanted the name I ordered but the suspense is killing me lol.

Matt.

mrmacc said:
it must be finished before 17th July, Auctions last 3 days starting Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and ending on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. End times will be staggered in two 4 hour blocks per day. The minimum opening bid is $75 (seventy-five USD).
This Sunday i.e tomorrow?

•••
Perhaps A Godaddy Employee Wanted ...

Perhaps a Godaddy employee or Vice President wanted the name you tried to register. After I read that a Godaddy employee (Adam Dicker) sucessfully bid on names at TDNAM auctions, I wouldn't be surprised if your names were pirated by a Godaddy employee.

•••
HeyNow said:
Perhaps a Godaddy employee or Vice President wanted the name you tried to register. After I read that a Godaddy employee (Adam Dicker) sucessfully bid on names at TDNAM auctions, I wouldn't be surprised if your names were pirated by a Godaddy employee.
i think in that way too...

•••
waiting?

I'm a little off-put about this whole process thus far - the first name I pre-reg'd during landrush showed in my account as "pending" for some period of time then was removed.

After some phone calls, I was informed that it had been allocated during sunrise, hence the refund and disappearing act. Not sure how sunrise was granted for an _extremely_ generic noun, but according to the registrar it was. Not sure how I was able to pre-reg it if it was allocated either.

The registrar's reps were unable to provide any whois info on the lucky registrant. Needless to say I will be looking at the whois data when available.

In the mean time I have other .ME names pre-reg'd and I'm concerned there is some sort of painful learning experience going on behind the scenes, as the 26th has come and gone with no emails.

Anyone have their domain awarded yet, or receive a notice of auction?

•••
2knew said:
Anyone have their domain awarded yet, or receive a notice of auction?
i am waiting too, i hope that i will get mail to the end of the week.

On Godaddy status is: Pending Application - Unlocked

•••
•••
No Trademark?

2knew said:
The registrar's reps were unable to provide any whois info on the lucky registrant. Needless to say I will be looking at the whois data when available.
Is there anything you can do if the domain was awarded to a company that does not have a trademark for the term? Do you feel like mentioning what the term it is?

•••
The price tag is a bit expensive at $99.98 right now.... hopefully it lowers.

•••
Alex said:
It is $75 above the initial $100?

I'm interested to know this too.
I assume it must be $100 + $75

But what would happen if two people apply for the same name and neither of them are prepared to bid $75 when it came to the auction?

Last edited:
•••
RUPERT said:
I'm interested to know this too.
I assume it must be $100 + $75

But what would happen if two people apply for the same name and neither of them are prepared to bid $75 when it came to the auction?

In that case, the registry can do anything. They can put it on the reserve list.

•••
bionichead said:
Is there anything you can do if the domain was awarded to a company that does not have a trademark for the term? Do you feel like mentioning what the term it is?

I'll keep the term to myself for the time being. It's conceivable some (confused?) jurisdiction has provided TM protection for it. I'll need to see the whois data and try to ascertain the legitimacy of their claim.

It's a name I was willing to go low xxxx for at auction, so I'll be following up.

•••
wellness.me 5 bids 1D 19H $385

Good grief!

•••
I also registered a .me during the landrush process.
Has anyone who participated in the landrush been told of "there" domain going to auction .....
or has any one had confirmation of that there are no other bids against there domain name therefore it is they have won it?

Slightly apprehensive to contact my registrar (who is already mentioned in this thread!!) or the email address on the first page as I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Also there seems not to be many domains on the auction list so far after all the last day for them to start is tomorrow.
:|

•••
siga said:
I also registered a .me during the landrush process.
Has anyone who participated in the landrush been told of "there" domain going to auction .....

:|
i think that this week there is no auction, but next week it will begin.

•••
i ve paid for one .me domain at GoDaddy and it says "Pending Application"

•••
Cheers for confirming that mrmacc, I read it and automatically thought it would be the week after the landrush...

Makis, Thats what mine says also ah guess I'll just have to wait.

Good Luck All

•••
What happen to .me? Landrush end, but no one seems to talk about it?

.me landrush end last week, but no figures and no one talk about .me? Any insight? How many .me names were submitted? It is so hot earlier, with godaddy owning part .me registry.... High price has put me off, but still curious if .me did create any waves? or already dead?

•••
IMHO. Already dead :) But I guess only time will tell :)

•••
domainer50 said:
IMHO. Already dead :) But I guess only time will tell :)
lol, that gives big hope for Icann's new and upcoming domain extension sell off lol

8-X RIP new Icann to merchant release 'wannabe new domain extensions' RIP 8-X

May .fun, .school or whatever else is released next year, rest in peace in the current .pro, .name, .travel, .jobs, .biz graveyard 8-X

Last edited:
•••
I had "SUE.ME" in my shopping cart @ Godaddy
I forgot about it (was awaiting funds) and then chose to go through with it (along with other Domain Name renewals).
I was 1 day late, even though I did have it in my cart, so that did not work out. I am still awaiting the refund.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back