NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Im looking for some honest opinions about this one. I have been debating this for the last few days. I own Wedding(.)me and have decided to make a move. Im either going to put the name up on an auction, or Im going to develop a nice affiliate site. I have been hearing that .me sites are starting to rank well with good content. Im looking for some thoughts.

Thanks

I'm developing a few of my premium .me domains. In fact, I received an offer from a top education company for one of my .me names last week. Rather than sell, I've worked out a partnership arrangement wherein I contribute with content, programming, etc

Weddings are BIG business these days - recession proof --- you can sell it for low xxxxx, or build and market it for $20 k, and make serious cash IMO

•••
Picked up tequilas.me for a personal project.

Nice name, but I cant drink Tequila. It makes me angry LOL. Anyway, thanks for the reply. I have some decent development plans for the name, but I dont know if its worth the time and money. If I auction it, it should bring some nice bids. But then again, if I develop it strongly it might just explode with revenue. I just want to make sure I make the right decision with this one. Keep us informed on your tequilas project!

Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Weddings are BIG business these days - recession proof --- you can sell it for low xxxxx, or build and market it for $20 k, and make serious cash IMO

Thanks for the reply. What are your thoughts for development on this one? Affiliates? Adsense? Lead Gen? If I start development, I want to go in the right direction.

Thanks again.

•••
Thanks for the reply. What are your thoughts for development on this one? Affiliates? Adsense? Lead Gen? If I start development, I want to go in the right direction.

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Build a clean user-friendly site (code in either rails or HTML 5), also "mobile-centric" -- personalized Wedding site -- reminder list, things to do, export and view (dresses, receptions, invites etc) --- free, grow a user base via organic SEO and blogs, get traction. Once you have 25,000 registered users, ads (registries, wedding dresses, etc) -- WEDDING.ME the PERSONALIZED WEDDING SITE:bingo:

with open source software and API integration, with select affiliates, and cloud computing'hosting, the site can be built and hosted for less than 20 K

Last edited:
•••
WEDDING.ME the PERSONALIZED WEDDING SITE:bingo:

Thats exactly what I was thinking. :kickass:

Thanks!

•••
What do you guys think about Regale.me?

Regale-
transitive verb
1: to entertain sumptuously
2: to give pleasure or amusement to

So i guess it counts as a "Domain Hack"
Also, 33,000+ exact monthly searches

end-user potential?

•••
What do you guys think about Regale.me?

I see where you were going with this one and it does have decent searches. The problem is that it's one of those "unique" dictionary words that not many people know about. I have experience with these types of dictionary names in the .com extension and have had issues trying to break even or even sell them at all. I tend to stay away from names like this anymore. Even if they are avaliable to hand reg IMHO.

•••
I've been holding the words Mattress, Toner, and Ball for quite a while. I'm curious what you guys think of these nouns (well technically ball can be a verb) and what you would do with them?

TIA,

Source

•••
•••
Supermodel Bar Refaeli launched her new line of underwear at Under.ME. Wowzers.

•••
Just regged - goldtrading.me

I would like to know your expert opinion about this domain.

Thanks

•••
Just saw the website, Its awesome!

Its amazing the way .me makes websites sound so brandable

Supermodel Bar Refaeli launched her new line of underwear at Under.ME. Wowzers.

•••
The promotional video is quite compelling:

Code:
https://twitter.com/#!/BarRefaeli/status/186207962782646272

•••
read that app.me sold for $50,000

•••

You are spot on, it just requires a little bit imagination.

•••
read that app.me sold for $50,000

Do you have a link to this?

probably explains why I've received many calls from "brokers calling on behalf of clients" for our apps.me.

•••
•••
•••
I own mahogany.me

not of the top tlds are developed which leads me to believe not in demand but I grabbed it anyway..

•••
•••
What do you think about resize[.]me? I already had few offers at sedo, so now i'm interested in your opinion guys. :hehe:

Last edited:
•••
What do you think about resize[.]me? I already had few offers at sedo, so now i'm interested in your opinion guys. :hehe:
Good name! Better than your Trader Rating! :laugh:

•••
•••
Pretty much all of my (few) .ME domains are [verb].me which is what fits the extension the best IMO.

But after seeing this, I couldn't resist and registered augmentedrealityglasses[dot]me . Augmented reality using glasses may become a very big thing in the next 20 years!

Maybe not the best tld for that name, but I must say I like it!

•••
My first catch for .me domain AppCloud.me any idea on how this one goes.

•••
Sold a .me domain hack for $5k and exchanged one of my .in domain hacks for babysit(.)me last week. Might develop it someday, I am liking the domain/potential :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back