IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Inspires.me is about to close on Sedo for $1500. If this trend holds, .me may possibly have a bright future. We have all seen these trends before, but .me seems to be gaining strength, not losing. Only time will tell.

Note: I do not own Inspires.me

•••
Do you guys think BAA.ME or Showy.ME are worth renewing?

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Inspires.me or Inspiring.Me?

Inspires.me is about to close on Sedo for $1500. If this trend holds, .me may possibly have a bright future. We have all seen these trends before, but .me seems to be gaining strength, not losing. Only time will tell.

Note: I do not own Inspires.me

Which do you all think is more worth?

•••
Do you think Uzbekistan.me is worth renewing?

•••
•••
•••
•••
And BAA and Showy .ME's?

Its not going to hurt you to renew BAA.me. Its a three letter name with nice searches. As for Showy.me, I would just let that one drop. No value at all IMHO

•••
Its not going to hurt you to renew BAA.me. Its a three letter name with nice searches. As for Showy.me, I would just let that one drop. No value at all IMHO

Agreed. I don't think showy is worth renewing.

BAA may stand for many things and that's why it has some value.I prefer keywords in this extension though.

•••

x2. I have a 3-letter .ME myself. See sig. I see it as a potential blog/personal website for anyone with a name beginning with "Bri" (Brianna, Britney, etc), plus it has a ton of potential acronyms and exact monthly searches.

Definitely renew it. Although the .ME usage is particularly seen most commonly in the (noun/verb).me format, I feel 3-letter domains definitely have their place in this extension.

•••
Although the .ME usage is particularly seen most commonly in the (noun/verb).me format, I feel 3-letter domains definitely have their place in this extension.
So what is the current value of a domain that is both 3-letters and an action verb? tag.me, nip.me, add.me, etc?

My experience is mostly with .com domain names but I believe that such a generic and memorable domain name is easily worth 5 digits (at least 10K) right now to some web startup or advertising company. What do you guys think?

Also, did you guys know that tango.me has raised 47 Million Dollars in funding? On top of that, it's a social text, audio, and video chat application, which means that the more popular it gets, the more familiar people become with the extension.

http://www.crunchbase.com/company/tango

•••
So what is the current value of a domain that is both 3-letters and an action verb? tag.me, nip.me, add.me, etc?

My experience is mostly with .com domain names but I believe that such a generic and memorable domain name is easily worth 5 digits (at least 10K) right now to some web startup or advertising company. What do you guys think?

Here's an up-to-date list of .ME names that sold for the most. You notice a few acronyms and other variants, but they're mostly verbs.
ask.me $20,000
buy.me $17,500
map.me $14,500
VIP.me $11,600
pay.me $11,500
bet.me $10,099
art.me $10,000
KRO.me $10,000
USA.me $9,200
dry.me $9,132
add.me $8,600
who.me $8,277
luv.me $8,192
VPS.me $7,250
try.me $7,100
BIZ.me $6,825
job.me $6,200
pet.me $6,100
INC.me $5,600

A vast majority of 3-letter domains are in the $500-$5,000 range, with the exception of a few found mostly above that distribution:

bio.me $4,100
llc.me $3,111
med.me $3,100
fck.me $3,000
dax.me $1,950
ivf.me $1,875
lds.me $1,655
sms.me $1,499
uni.me $1,305
sgn.me $1,000
dib.me $1,000
dir.me $608

•••
Thanks! I notice most sales figures (for good 3-letter actionable verbs) are 3-4 years old.

Ask.me 20K - Jan 2008 (over 4 years ago)
Add.me 9K - April 2009 (3 years ago)
Pay.me 11K - April 2009 (3 years ago)

Given that

1) About.me sold for 10 to 50 million dollars to AOL in 2010 [1] and Tango.me raised $47 million funding in 2011 (meaning investors think it might be a billion dollar company soon, and also as a side-effect, introduces .me to new non-technical people in the world every month),
2) people's awareness of the extension in 2008/2009 was very low but has since become well-accepted,
3) the economy was bad and .me was 100% new and unproven in 2008, where as the tech industry is booming today,

I think each of those three examples would fetch 30-50K at a .ME Sedo registrar auction if they were released in today's market rather than 2008 or early 2009. Likewise, similar quality four or five letter actionable verbs are in the same range in my opinion. (Disclaimer: I own a short actionable verb .me, but I think I'm being objective here.)

http://www.quora.com/How-much-did-AOL-acquire-about-me-for

Last edited:
•••
I'd imagine ask.me and pay.me are worth much more now

I have a number of 3 letter .me domains, which have received some nice offers. Still think I may develop a few:

fun.me (games)
wag.me (forum)
rub.me (therapeutic massage)
alt.me (alternative medicine )

thoughts?

•••
•••
Picked up two fun ones off drops: rawk[dot]me and shizzle[dot]me

•••
•••
•••
Agreed. I don't think showy is worth renewing.

BAA may stand for many things and that's why it has some value.I prefer keywords in this extension though.

Thanks everyone for the advice. :)
Repped!

•••
Where to sell

Hi guys, where do you sell me domains? I have some of my names at sedo, but is there some special site only for the .me domains?

•••
Hi guys, where do you sell me domains? I have some of my names at sedo, but is there some special site only for the .me domains?

I've sold 2 .ME's in the $XXX range so far to resellers however I'm trying to specifically target end-users now. As of this morning, Toby Clements accepted the two .ME domains I sent to him for his newsletter, so I'm hoping this method works well. I'm not aware of any sites specifically selling .ME, but will do some research on whether any exist. Leaving them on Sedo, which I had currently done, provides very little exposure. The only exception I've seen personally was the domain I have in my sig that had over 3000 views on the Sedo offer page; think its down to 800 now, but it's still a lot considering the amount of other .ME's in that marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
I'm new

I've sold 2 .ME's in the $XXX range so far to resellers however I'm trying to specifically target end-users now. As of this morning, Toby Clements accepted the two .ME domains I sent to him for his newsletter, so I'm hoping this method works well. I'm not aware of any sites specifically selling .ME, but will do some research on whether any exist. Leaving them on Sedo, which I had currently done, provides very little exposure. The only exception I've seen personally was the domain I have in my sig that had over 3000 views on the Sedo offer page; think its down to 800 now, but it's still a lot considering the amount of other .ME's in that marketplace.

What resellers? I'm new to this, I know how to find great domains, but don't know where to sell. I have my domains at sedo, afternic even bido... I want to register some keywords with .me and some short .mes and try to sell them hm.

•••
breakfast.me

What do you think breakfast.me is worth for? I own it since 2008.

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back